Last Week To Sign Up For The LI Elite 80 Camp This Coming November 6th at Cantiague Park! Register Now!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 10/26/21 02:01 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 10/26/21 01:29 PM
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 10/26/21 01:01 PM
Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 10/26/21 12:53 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 10/26/21 12:44 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,719
Posts313,181
Members2,343
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous 32 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
no question that express AA would beat 91, no one was arguing that. But express b is not good and they took losses like crazy and were beaten like a drum, so stop making it like they are so good. And the argument can't go back to their AA team as we acknowledged they are the best in the country probably. So what is the point. Express takes the money of those B team kids like they are better then they would be, but its just not true, they might as well be on the rebels.

Losses like crazy? What are you talking about? Are you following them around?
Maybe you're a fan.
459 35,074 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
Crabs scored 83 goals on the weekend.

Very athletic at every position - rotate poles through close and LSM interchangeably - new feeder from X is a game changer on Attack from them - two very strong face off kids - fast and relentless at midfield. Very impressive team - they are going to be tough to beat are in a different league from the rest.

Of course they’ll be tough to beat. They are a team full of boys who should be in 9th grade. They would have a tough time playing against kids their own age.

Only half full. Give their on age kids some credit. They are the team to beat, but to every human other than a Crab every win will have an asterisk next to it. Do what you got to do to win, but running up the scores with your starters all game, that’s your classiest move yet. Congrats Ryan.

Outside of the parents on the Crabs they are laughing stock. Area High School coaches think it is overkill when you speak to them. Usually the Make A Wish situation is an admirable endeavor, but when you apply it to 2025 lacrosse kids letting them play 2026 it really cheapens the organization.

What High School coaches are you talking about??? Sure isnt MIAA coaches. Everyone that has had a son play in MIAA has been a holdback. And birthday date is not a factor. One was a holdback by 8 months from Sept. It is what it is, but lets not act like the MIAA is an on age league by any stretch of the imagination.
6,488 641,856 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous 1 hour ago
That's just it....they can't at the older level, but it does not stop them from trying anyway. They still think they are the "big" 5'7 135 pound 7th grader who can go straight to the net. Now they are the "small" 10th grader and have not developed their lacrosse IQ. Your comment about finding better competition is silly. We are talking about club lacrosse and the lack of development of players to play a "team" game.
1,718 459,753 more...
Re: Girls 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous 1 hour ago
Wasn’t it like $700 to play?
Why risk injury or travel when the tournaments start in earnest next weekend?
Do they BC girls have any to prove?
Were there not any coaches in attendance?
Were any of the coaches employed as college coaches yet?
I don’t think the write ups were that great. Not too many girls were mentioned, and I was looking for names that never got a mention. I wonder how those kids feel? I think that is what this tourney was good for- a mention or tag.

Was a fun event but didn't seem to be many evaluators at the games so curious to see how the "rankings" shake out. Would have been great to have all stats posted for games because the writeups in IL were pretty weak. There was a girl on our team who had at least 4 assists in one game and probably 6-8 on the day with no mention at all.

"didn't seem to be many evaluators at the games" How do you even know who they are? In the past, the IL Player Rankings have been based on the players body of work on the club circuit, the UA Underclass Games and maybe the IL Committed Academy.... not on one game or particular event. As far as stats being the barometer to evaluate a player... well, lets just say that over the years many of the best players do not put up a lot of goals or assists. Maybe that is why some people carry on so much about the rankings, they see their daughter score some goals and wonder why they are not ranked ahead of other players who do not score a lot of goals. Many traditional midfielders do not put up a lot of points but get ranked higher than and more importantly get recruited ahead of many girls who score a lot of goals. You seem like one of those parents that would be happy if your daughter scored 3 goals but the team lost. I would be willing to bet that you would never notice the 3 or 4 dense shots she took that should be classified as a turnover or the 3 or 4 times she didn't feed the ball to that wide open cutter or the 3 times she tried to force it to the goal only to lose the ball or the 2 or three times she cut to goal when she should not have or the lack of effort while redefining etc...

There is a lot more to this game than scoring goals....

You just described Charlotte North. She forces the ball and hardly ever passes to wide open players. Yes she scores a lot, but also turns the ball over a lot. Best player in college lacrosse, lol. Why were the stats kept for the boys ID event but not the girls? Hard to know how most girls did based on the write ups. They sounded like they were written by a 6th grader who knew little about the sport.

Why do you even post such nonsense ? CN had 102 goals last year Vs 34 Turnovers, true that she does not assist much but obviously that is not her role on the team. CN had a shooting percentage of .630 which is incredible and her Shots on Goal percentage was .840 which is off the charts. She also had 174 Draw Controls, another unbelievable stat.

The post you were responding to does not describe CN at all.

Watched her play in the sixes last weekend. She ran past wide open girls. Didn't even look at them. Selfish lacrosse. Yes, she is a one man team, but is that the objective of the game? Not fun to watch.

When you have the ability to do what she can do, yes, you do what she does. The problem arises when parents coach their daughters to try and do what CN does but they lack the athleticism and ability to do so. We have all seen it, Dad or Mom telling their daughter to "go to goal" or "keep shooting" even when it is not the right thing to do or when they do not have the ability. Selfish lacrosse is ugly, selfish teammates will always hurt the team and coaches that allow selfish play will never win a championship.

Before all of the Go to Goal parents chime in, when a player has the ability to do what CN does, it's not selfish it's part of the overall team strategy. The reality is that there are very few players that have that kind of ability.

As for the "one man team" comment, CN is far from a one man team. BC won the National Championship because they played incredible Team Defense and had great Goalie play... in addition to what CN does, total Team Effort. As usual, that is what wins championship games.
987 69,107 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
Will madlax update tourney machine on fall fest scores? Most of the sunday afternoon games are missing for all ages. CM doesn't respond either.
1,974 171,741 more...
Sponsored Links
CAMPS & CLINICS Jump to new posts
MDP Lacrosse Boys Clinic BOTC_EVENTS 2 hours ago
0 63 more...
Lacrosse Job Opportunities (Oct 2021-Present) TheBackOfTheCage 2 hours ago
Use this thread to discuss Lacrosse Job Opportunities for tens of thousands of active viewers and users to see. Good Luck!
0 95 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous 2 hours ago
"Same diploma maybe, but people who know are aware that the state version of Cornell is not real Cornell. I’m sure it works on the surface to say you went there, but when the question is asked, the house of cards comes tumbling down."

LOL. Clearly written by someone that did not attend Cornell or likely ever even stepped foot on the campus given their lack of knowledge of the intertwined nature of the various colleges, requirements and student interactions.

I would be happy for my son to have state version of the Cornell diploma!!
8,816 2,182,647 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 3 hours ago
DMV located, non-ML29 dad here. So take this for what it's worth.

I was fortunate enough to be able to watch the 29 NAL and Hershey games. With a full complement ML is pretty hard to beat at the moment, and as noted above the Hershey game was a barn burner. This will be a battle to watch for years to come...much like the other ML and Hawks age groups.

I would add that ML29s recruited two stud BLC kids (twins) this fall which has tightened up their already ridiculously strong defense even further and added new legs to the midfield.

Opponents should be prepared to play a club that has matured very quickly.

Thanks twins dad
15 2,469 more...
Re: Girls 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous 4 hours ago
How’s everyone’s team doing this year so far? Any standout teams?

I don't think there was much going on yet. Some 7v7 on Columbus Day. Liberty hosted a tournament but not that many teams. Queen of the island is the weekend though.
18 2,222 more...
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous 5 hours ago
Any scores from any Long Island teams recently ?

All the big tournaments start Nov. 6th, and continue throughout the month.

Only teams who have played are laxon and then YJ/Jesters in 7 v 7s.
836 56,550 more...
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse Anonymous 6 hours ago
Wasnt this like 1000 years ago? Move on
5,730 7,865,748 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE Jump to new posts
Broadneck HS (MD) 2023 Midfield, Draw Alexis Dupcak Commits to the UMD JesLax1 6 hours ago
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Broadneck High School (MD) 2023 Midfield, Draw Alexis Dupcak of MD United Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at the University of Maryland.

High school: Broadneck High School (Annapolis, MD)
Grad year: 2023
Positions: Midfield, Draw
College committed to: University of Maryland
Club team: MD United Lacrosse
Lacrosse honors: August 2021- Maryland United 2023 East- Inside Lacrosse Elite 8 Champions Under Armour 150 Combine- 200 yard shuttle time- 37.37- 16th fastest out of 160 participants July 2021- Elite 12 Baltimore Camp All-Star July 2021- Capital Gazette 2nd team All-County Girls Lacrosse Team June 2021- USA Lacrosse Magazine Players of the Week 2021 Broadneck High School- Maryland 4A State Champions 2021 US Lacrosse National Schoolgirls Tournament- Maryland Metro Team 2021 UA 150 Participant 2021 Maryland United Team selected as one of eight teams for the IL Women's Elite Eight Tournament 2020 US Club Lacrosse ranks Maryland United 2023 East Team #11 2020 Broadneck High School Varsity Lacrosse- Freshman 2020 UA 150 Participant 2019 US Club Lacrosse Rankings- Maryland United 2023 East ranked #3 nationally
Academic honors: 4.09 GPA Several AP courses

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Alexis Dupcak on her commitment to University of Maryland. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .
View College Profile Below:

0 27 more...
Ridley HS (PA) 2023 Faceoff Owen Bosak Commits to Hofstra Univ. JesLax1 7 hours ago
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Ridley High School (PA) 2023 Faceoff Owen Bosak of Dukes lacrosse club has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Hofstra University.

High school: Ridley high school (Ridley Park , PA)
Position: Faceoff
College committed to: Hofstra University
Club team: Dukes lacrosse club
Lacrosse honors: Under armour games Liberty national MVP Liberty gold MVP Summer slam all-tournament 76% central league Team Philly 195 challenge 3-year varsity football and lacrosse starter
Why did you choose Hofstra University, Men's D1? "Because it was a great fit blue-collared and the awesome coaching staff "
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thank you coach Rory Friel, coach Tierney and Mac for the awesome opportunity. Thank you to coach Bodnar and Dolente. Thank you to Coach Ebe Helm and Jason Christmas."
What other colleges did you consider? "Fairfield army Monmouth"

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Owen Bosak on his commitment to Hofstra University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their philosophy is to keep all events intimate and boutique for the highest level of exposure and their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and they have helped hundreds of players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events.

0 24 more...
Salesianum HS (DE) 2023 Defense Jack Gormley Commits to Villanova Univ. JesLax1 7 hours ago
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Salesianum High School (DE) 2023 Defense Jack Gormley of Brotherly Love Lacrosse Club has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Villanova University.

High school: Salesianum High School (Wilmington, DE)
Position: Defense
College committed to: Villanova University
Club team: Brotherly Love Lacrosse Club
Lacrosse honors: National All-Star Game (Team Philly), Under All American Spotlight Division, 2019 Philly Elite Invitational MVP
Why did you choose Villanova University, Men's D1? "I choose Villanova because I wanted to continue the tradition my family has had there. Villanova is a place of prestigious academics, fantastic facilities, and a competitive lacrosse team. It had all my wants and needs."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Special thanks to God who blessed me with this opportunity, my family and friends who always had my back, and coaches, trainers, and teammates who always pushed me harder each day"
What other colleges did you consider? "Air Force, Cornell, St. Joesphs, Providence"

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Jack Gormley on his commitment to Villanova University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their philosophy is to keep all events intimate and boutique for the highest level of exposure and their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and they have helped hundreds of players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events.

0 27 more...
Franklin HS (MA) 2023 Midfield, Attack Kaitlyn Carney Commits to JMU JesLax1 7 hours ago
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Franklin High School (MA) 2023 Midfield, Attack Kaitlyn Carney of Gold Star Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at James Madison University (JMU).

High school: Franklin High School (Franklin, MA)
Positions: Midfield, Attack
College committed to: James Madison University (JMU)
Club team: Gold Star Lacrosse
Lacrosse honors: 2021 Under Armour New England Highlight Team 2021 Player of the Week nominee 2021 Hockomock Girls to watch list 2021 New England American Select Team 2021 US lacrosse U16 NTDP combine Invitation 2020 Under Armour New England Command 2020 Lacrosse Magazine Watch List 2020 US Lacrosse U15 NTDP combine Invitation 2019 US Lacrosse U15 NTDP Team 2019 US Lacrosse U15 NTDP Combine 2019 WPLL Futures
Academic honors: Honor roll
Expected major: Architectural Engineering
Why did you choose James Madison University (JMU), Women's D1? "I chose JMU because not only does the school have so much to offer through its facilities and campus, the coaching staff and team are amazing. I love everything about it."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thank you to my family, all my coaches, and friends who have supported me and made my dream come true."

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Kaitlyn Carney on her commitment to James Madison University (JMU). CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .

0 27 more...
Eastport South Manor Jr/Sr HS (NY) 2023 Midfield, Defense Maria Forte Commits to Binghamton Univ. JesLax1 7 hours ago
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Eastport South Manor Jr/Sr Highschool (NY) 2023 Midfield, Defense Maria Forte of Yellow Jackets LI has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Binghamton University.

High school: Eastport South Manor Jr/Sr Highschool (Manorville, NY)
Positions: Midfield, Defense
College committed to: Binghamton University
Club team: Yellow Jackets LI
Lacrosse honors: Under Armour All-America Command Team 2020 American Select Black Team 2021 ESM Girls Varsity Lacrosse All-Conference award 2021 Suffolk Regional Team 2021 Undisputed Showcase All-Star Team 2021
Academic honors: Principle Honor Roll and Honor Roll National Honors Society World Language Honors Society

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Maria Forte on her commitment to Binghamton University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .

0 22 more...
NEW JERSEY MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey Anonymous 18 hours ago
LE with 7 commits already. Another one to Lehigh today.
1,864 239,446 more...
Re: Girls 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 09:14 PM
Why would coppermine be in a lower division
They were arguably the strongest team in our area last year

I assume they mean the B team, Coppermine Blue.
361 42,678 more...
Re: Team 91 MD Anonymous Yesterday at 08:02 PM
It’s not about wins or tournament trophies it’s about coaching.

2024’s don’t win many tournaments but has the best players top to bottom.

It’s not about winning !!! Records mean nothing .

Clubs mean very little and do very little to develop players. They are important in marketing players during the summer at events. Clubs are marketing machines not lacrosse academies. High schools develop kids. High school coaches develop players. 91 does a great job of marketing kids.

Well stated, one fall my son played on a club that had 4 practices and 15 games. That is not "developing players" lol. In too many fall ball games, the boys are either playing soft because they are up by 12, or playing deflated because they are down by 12. However, the clubs and tourneys make a pile of money, the sponsors are happy, and for a few players, some buzz is generated. All that is great & fine, but the idea that it's "for player development" is a joke.

Sorry your son couldnt make a top club team and win some games and tournaments. That kind of thinking will not get your son a D1 scholarship.

Didn't T91 go 1-15-1 last year at 2028?

D1 scholarships lol. Our MD boys in the 2026-2029 range are probably at the end of MD/NJ/NY/NE scholarship dominance as the programs in CA, TX, GA, and FL grow to fill up roster slots in ACC and Ivy League schools. Our sons may beat that wave of kids to college but it's coming.

That wave is already here.

It’s here and they have learned by watching all the tricks to advantages too! holdbacks are becoming the norm for them as well. Lots more competition for D1 spots and more of them , will be going to the powerhouses and kids that are forming in those states. Hotbeds are changing.

Out of state players didnt take long to catch up to the whole holdback bonanza going on. Most UA teams from different regions are loaded with holdbacks.

Crazy , but it works at the high level as long as your son is a very good player to begin with.
560 78,221 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous Yesterday at 03:21 PM
Can’t find Buchner (QB at ND) either in the class of 2021. He was top 5 in that class.
6,221 1,079,748 more...
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous Yesterday at 03:18 PM
Is Empire Green or White the top team?

Green
279 22,428 more...
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 02:15 PM
Both teams I think looked good. All the girls are talented players. Parents should be proud of them and all their hard work is paying off. Both teams will be exciting to watch for years to come. Not affiliated with either team just another team parent that was there watching and observing.
1,059 132,332 more...
Re: Boys 2025-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022 Anonymous Yesterday at 02:14 PM
Its like watching a bad movie over and over with that team. We love playing them for the "free win" and for the entertainment value of the coaches screaming and carrying on every game.
528 38,294 more...
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season Anonymous Yesterday at 02:12 PM
Which programs appear to be committing the top 2023's? How do the numbers look, are coaches committing fewer players than normal? Will coaches hold some spots to see who enters the portal after the season?
Seems like UNC and Syracuse by looking at the list of commits.

Syracuse? No
1,562 171,968 more...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Today's Visitors
10 members (SAT1234, JMLax1, BOTC_EVENTS, TM@BOTC, TheBackOfTheCage, BiggLax, JesLax1, LILax15, JimSection1, 1026ME), 3,756 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod