The CBLaxers.com Elite 88 Showcase & The Igloo Elite 80 Showcase Camp Are Now Open for Registration - Limited Spots!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,269
Posts349,124
Members2,503
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 20 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who cares about 8th grade teams when MIAA lacrosse is now about 1 year transfers and out of state boarders?

Because they have a solid nucleus of local talent, they don't need to rely on out of state transfers to fill their rosters. BL has a solid 9th grade already in the school, but they need to supplement. McD didn't even have enough players to field an 8th grade squad last year, so obv. they need to look elsewhere. Not sure why CHC needs to bring in outside talent due to the sheer number of players in their program, but I guess the coach isn't satisfied with the talent of the kids in his program and needs to recruit over them.
CHC recruits so many so that they don’t play elsewhere. They’ll sit on the bench at CHC instead of playing at other schools. He does exactly what the Maryland womens coach does, stack the roster so other schools don’t get the players.

Probably accurate. My son is a 7th grader for a mid-range Elite program. He's a solid player, not starter, but first off the bench and he contributes pretty significantly. He's likely headed to BL. But it's for the ESS program, not lacrosse.

It seems like a couple top MIAA programs will take anyone, whether they expect them to play or not. My feeling is there is considerable pressure to use lacrosse to bolster enrollment numbers at these schools. But it does seem like some programs really are trying to keep kids from going to the competition.

Anecdotally, I'm seeing a lot of his teammates (depending on where they live) looking hard at Spalding (south), JC (north) and StP (Balt Co.). StP especially. So it will be interesting to see how the next few years in the conference shakes out. I expect the Crusaders to be much improved.

I have been saying for years that CHC, LB, BL & StP recruit far more players than will ever see the field. This is done so that they do not attend other schools to be developed into starting players. Not all would make it to the starting role, but for those that do they would have a far better high school sports experience. If you are going to a school for legacy, scholarship or special program etc.. than by all means go to the listed schools. Otherwise if the commute make sense definitely look elsewhere. This is a timely conversation as 8th graders are starting to apply to schools now with decision time looming in February. Parents & players should ask coach's at those 4 schools roughly how many players were on their roster over the last 2 years and approx. how many players on the roster saw the field for any amount of time during an MIAA game. This is just a question. We know they play to win. We know this is not ever going to be about getting all 50 + players in the game. We know not everybody gets a trophy. We know we have to hit the wall more...

Just in time for fall, it's John Carroll dad! The idea that Loyola or Gilman each keep 60+ varsity players just to keep those players away from BL or Calvert Hall (or John Carroll or the public schools) is ridiculous. The fact is that they have adequate coaching and resources to keep huge rosters, and (Loyola's current coaching excluded) the schools generate solid talent that tends to be able to play in college "at some level."

I actually 1000% agree with you that each of the boys, by 8th grade at the latest, should honestly and deeply think about "how important is it for me to play the maximum minutes for my talent level?" If the answer is "It's more important than even academics or academic pipelines" then absolutely they should be looking at a Curley, MSJ, John Carroll etc program (or public school) unless they are on the "national radar" for talent (players should ask a coach....parents are the source of a lot of false pride on whether Little Brayden is elite...and just because a college program follows him on social media, does not mean he's "being recruited" lol).

But if you actually talk to middle school athletes (AAA, above average, ATG, whatever, up to elite), you'll get a surprising range of answers on this question. For some, lax is the 3rd or 4th priority at all. For others, the brotherhood and status of that shiny Calvert Hall helmet is the prize. Still others want to be on the team with their friends, wherever their friends end up. As a parent, stop assuming you/we know the answer to this.

It's interesting that your complaints about kids "commuting to big schools" has evolved into this important point. You're not wrong.
9,480 1,917,068 more...
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
Yes, I heard she is from the midnight team she had been the goalie for them the past 5 of 6 seasons I think. It makes you really wonder why someone who had been there so long left.
1,695 371,317 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls 2028-7th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 2 hours ago
91 vs YJ HEFTON looked intense. What was the score ?
24 4,319 more...
Re: Girls 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 2 hours ago
USA Lacrosse had the results of their "Should athletes be allowed to reclass" poll. Not surprisingly the results were an overwhelming no. I think they will go the way of USA Hockey where kids are placed through birth year not grad year. Of course this will get tricky at High School because of the way lacrosse is recruited, but I'm sure they will figure that out.
62 10,678 more...
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 2 hours ago
15 so far. That is amazing.

Check out the commits and the quality schools the Liberty girls and Legacy girls are committed to! LI is killing it in the recruiting! Great schools, doors were definitely opened by the sport.

So players don’t need to be on the mighty YJ Bee teams if you live on LI. Probably better off being on one of the A teams on those two clubs
584 64,489 more...
Sponsored Links
Re: Team 91 MD Anonymous 3 hours ago
If #2 re-classes, he wouldn't be able to play his senior year in the MIAA
In conference games

He would fit in great at CH.

He'd fit in fine anywhere. Not a fan of their dad but Millon #2 is a really talented player. In time I think he will show similar power and much more finesse than big bro the Holdback.

He'd fit in fine at CH because they have a bunch or reclasses.
949 147,705 more...
NEW JERSEY MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey Anonymous 3 hours ago
For all the talk of having no development, LE players have found a lot of success in college. Tri-state and blue star have also had a number of all americans over the past couple years.

It’s the easy way to bash a program that your son doesn’t play for because there is no real way to prove it one way or another. Our experience at LE was great and the coaching was top notch.

Very true, and its certainly a nice change when somebody can just discuss their experience with a club without bashing another club. Bottom line, you want a place where your kid continues to develop, if you are getting that from your club, then you are in the right place. We moved our son twice during his youth club years, but only because we felt that in the first instance he had maxed out competition wise with the tournaments they were playing, and the second move was because we felt that the directors and coaches where not focusing on the team, and it was right before high school so it was the perfect time to move. Final stop was the place where they pushed our son developmentally and exposed him to the most challenging schedule, and despite a very stressful recruiting process, we feel that he was in a good place to be recruited ending up at a high-academic D3.
2,578 405,458 more...
Re: Boys 2028-7th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 3 hours ago
Says the person that rips everyone apart.
480 55,858 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2025 Anonymous 3 hours ago
I know you are kidding about on age parents suing leagues/clubs but would there be some validity? Think about it, a club/league knowingly put an older (potentially older, more mature physically) player in a contact sport that could injure a younger player by virtue of his physical maturity. Wrestlers go by weight and so does many youth football teams. This is done to protect the child. Lacrosse is a contact sport and they are blatantly scoffing at this clear and present danger.

This forum is for 2025 so when your son whose a sophomore tries out for his high school lacrosse team this year do you tell your Varsity coach that your son competing against seniors means your Varsity coach is “scoffing at this clear & present danger”?
196 42,982 more...
Re: Boys 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 14 hours ago
It's not great to be a Legacy Gator. Pitiful day in NJ. Smh. Slide downward continues

Their 28 team didn’t do much better. Taz is the only team that stands out for that club.

Truth. Every marketing angle has ridden on Taz.
146 20,398 more...
Re: Girls 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous Yesterday at 09:29 PM
Normally tournies want multiple teams
266 32,307 more...
Re: Boys 2029-6th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous Yesterday at 01:50 PM
US club ranks team 91 #1 boys club

US Club Lax owned by 91 Director named 91 the #1 team, shocker!!

Well when they average the placement of all their top teams, they become the number 1. Very close though. Amd a bunch of powerhouse programs up in top ten. What you won’t see: non NLF programs from LI in the top.

It’s lacrosse why expect an independent third party ranking system.
140 17,068 more...
Re: 2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season Anonymous Yesterday at 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by baldbear
Originally Posted by baldbear
Is it common place for girls to quit playing D1 Lacrosse? My daughter's school has had 4 already this Fall and talk of more to come. Does this happen all the time?

I was coursed with the task of following the entire 2013 class through graduation for USA lacrosse. It wasn’t easy but many Excel sheets later there was a 43% loss of lacrosse players over the four years from 2013 to 2017.

It’s like having two full time jobs in college if you play a D1 sport! It’s Very exhausting and many girls get burnt out and are miserable trying to do both well. The girls then realize what’s the most important job and choose to drop Lacrosse and think about their futures.

I edited the numbers as I found my final report. I was coursed with the task of following the entire 2013 class through graduation for USA lacrosse. It wasn’t easy but many Excel sheets later 45% played significant minutes in their last year. Another 17% were on roster but did not play significant minutes. 38% no longer played.

So, sounds like 1/2 no longer “played” D1 lacrosse by their last year. Something definitely to think about when picking a college! Choose a college you will be happy at, as if you were not going to be playing lacrosse there. Don’t let the schools lacrosse be the deciding factor.

So many great D2 and D3 schools that would probably be better fit and experience for girls. However, they have in their head that they want to go to a D1 school for the sport. Do lots of homework on different schools.
1,117 133,188 more...
HIGH SCHOOL LACROSSE Jump to new posts
Fan Media Poll: The Top Ranked Boys Lacrosse Sophomore Midfielder on Long Island (2025 Grads) TheBackOfTheCage
0 866 more...
Re: Boys 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous
One of the most accurate posts I ever read on here.
233 27,731 more...
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
He has his daughter playing multiple sports? Oh the horror....
2,862 472,283 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
Oh man you are going to hurt feelings and break hearts by insinuating that the #9 middle, #3 goalie, and #7 defensemen on (each of) Hawks/NL/ML/FCA are not elite! Eliteness works by association, haven't you heard?!

Agree with the other poster about continuing on in college at lax vs football. Between D1 and D3 there are enough spots for more than half of varsity lax players every year. Especially D3 which has teams still publicly advertising for roster spots in Feb-March of HS senior year. Let's call it 50-70% placement.

Compare that to football.......6.5% of varsity players advance to college.

And a data point that isn't a real statistic
1) Number of 2024s who ran a sub 4.75 40 at the Iron 44 Lax Combine: 0 (best time in the entire event was 4.79)
2) Number of 2024s who ran a sub 4.75 40 at the Nike Football Combine (or whatever it's called): 75

Your son may be a Mad Lax starter all the way through HS but he's not playing D1 football at any place you'd want to brag about to your PG County Country Club Adjacent pals.

Couldn't be more true. Same applies for hoops. My kid is a good player on a top 10 lax team. He played AAU bball on a pretty good team, not great. Took him to a mid-tier AAU hoops tourney and he went from being one of the more athletic kids on his nationally ranked lax team to just another guy with apparently mediocre athleticism in a mid-tier hoops tourney.

The level of size/speed/athleticism required to play D1 football/basketball is a whole different world from D1 lacrosse. Nothing wrong with that. Same applies for golf and fencing, but I'd happily send my kid to Harvard on a fencing scholarship if that's what he was into.

There are tons of reclasses on AAU basketball Earl.

Do those AAU reclasses have 3.9 GPAs at prep schools when they were on-age, and have standardized test scores in the top 25% nationally (as the stereotypical lax reclass does)? Generally, I suspect not.

You accidentally let your racism show a bit. Nice job.

I love 2022. The guy who assumes all basketball players are a specific race, calls me out for saying basketball prospects have lower grades than lax players. Golf clap.

If you think the top 10, or 100, or 1000 basketball prospects have similar grades and test scores as the top 10/100/1000 lax prospects, I don't know what to do for you. The data is quite easy to assemble.

Now scram, Clown. You know nothing!
5,218 596,467 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE Jump to new posts
Manhasset HS (NY) 2024 Attack Mia LoPinto Commits to the USC Team BOTC
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Manhasset High School (NY) 2024 Attack Mia LoPinto has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at the University of Southern California (USC).

High school: Manhasset High School (Manhasset, NY)
Grad year: 2024
Position: Attack
College committed to: University of Southern California (USC)
Lacrosse honors: Top 10 2024 Attacker to watch Fall 2022 All Tournament Team 2024 Lax for The Cure Summer 2022 All Long Island Team Class C Long Island Championship Game Jr. Open 2022 LILJ All Long Island Games 2022 LILJ End of Season Watch List
Academic honors: Adaptive PAL Program Jr. Coalition Against Breast Cancer Jr. Booster Club Key Club
Why did you choose the University of Southern California (USC), Women's D1? "High Academics and Top Lacrosse"
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thank you to my Coaches and Family for all their encouragement and guidance!"
What other colleges did you consider? "University of Florida Yale UPenn"

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Mia LoPinto on her commitment to the University of Southern California (USC). CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .
View College Profile Below:

0 59 more...
Darien HS (CT) 2024 Goalie Elizabeth Gonnella Commits to Princeton Univ. Team BOTC
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Darien High School (CT) 2024 Goalie Elizabeth Gonnella of Sound Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Princeton University.

High school: Darien High School (Darien, CT)
Grad year: 2024
Position: Goalie
College committed to: Princeton University
Club team: Sound Lacrosse
Lacrosse honors: 2022 Best in Class; 2022 Juniors Open; Epoch/LILJ Player of the Game; 2021 and 2022 Nike American Select National Champions; 2022 Lake Placid Northstar Division (Committed Players) Champions and Tournament MVP

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Elizabeth Gonnella on her commitment to Princeton University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .

0 48 more...
HIGH SCHOOL LACROSSE Jump to new posts
Fan Poll: Who's Your Pick for the Pre-Season HS Boys' Lacrosse Top Ranked Sophomore-Midfield of the Year (2025 Grads) on Long Island Team BOTC
0 823 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous
When a High School is looking for a Head Coach position
should the school post it out to the public for opening and
try to get the best available or sneaky quiet sliding someone in the spot ??

I believe that most school districts require that a posting be placed If not on job boards at least on their website. I know our school district and the district my wife works in they must publicly post all jobs
Many schools do not require a public post. Some also require internal posting before seeking outside candidates. Requirements vary widely by district. Typically the power schools process is controlled by boosters for better or worse.

This is completely false, the "boosters" have nothing to do with it, sorry but this isn't Friday Night Lights, this is Long Island, and boosters mean nothing.
9,670 2,810,193 more...
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
It shouldn’t impact the 27s as they are moving into high school next year.
1,819 271,533 more...
Re: Boys 2031-4th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous
If true then doesn’t that dilute LI pool? Or are those kids playing Saturday in LI and Sunday in hoco? My guess though is kids aren’t playing for rebels or igloo AND hawks.
55 8,634 more...
State College Area HS (PA) 2023 Goalie Zack Paterno Commits to Wagner Team BOTC
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: State College Area High School (PA) 2023 Goalie Zack Paterno of Duke's Lacrosse Club has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Wagner College.

High school: State College Area High School (State College, PA)
Grad year: 2023
Position: Goalie
College committed to: Wagner College
Club team: Duke's Lacrosse Club, Duke's Young Guns
Expected major: Accounting and Finance
Why did you choose Wagner College, Men's D1? "I've always loved the location and feel of Wagner and think it offers me a great opportunity both academically and athletically. I felt a strong connection with entire coaching staff and love their vision for the program and where I fit into it."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I just want to thank my high school coaches for believing in me. I especially want to thank my Dukes coaches Jack, Rob and Shane for coaching me up me; and Ebe and Jason for pushing me to do my best. Thanks to all of my teammates for being supportive and a special thanks to my family for being my biggest fans."

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Zack Paterno on his commitment to Wagner College. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their philosophy is to keep all events intimate and boutique for the highest level of exposure and their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and they have helped hundreds of players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events.

0 28 more...
St. Andrews Episcopal School (MD) 2023 Attack Jake McClure Commits to VMI Team BOTC
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: St. Andrews Episcopal School (MD) 2023 Attack Jake McClure of Rock Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Virginia Military Institute (VMI).

High school: St. Andrews Episcopal School (Potomac, MD)
Grad year: 2023
Position: Attack
College committed to: Virginia Military Institute (VMI)
Club team: Rock Lacrosse
Expected major: Computer and Information Systems Security/Information Assurance
Why did you choose Virginia Military Institute (VMI), Men's D1? "I chose VMI for its rigorous academics and environment that will prepare me for life ahead."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "First and foremost thank you to my parents who have sacrificed lots to get me where I am. Secondly, Thank you to all the coaches who have helped me and believed in me through the years!"

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates Jake McClure on his commitment to Virginia Military Institute (VMI). CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their philosophy is to keep all events intimate and boutique for the highest level of exposure and their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and they have helped hundreds of players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events.

0 20 more...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Today's Visitors
12 members (TheBackOfTheCage, njlaxx11, BiggLax, cltlax, LILax15, 1026ME, Anonymous57, abowden, JimSection1, Celeste, WestCoastConf, lutherlaxguy), 2,345 guests, and 1,459 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod