Posts272,395
Members2,206
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
PLAYERS TRIBUNE Jump to new posts
Shoreham Wading River (NY) 2022 Midfield Catherine Erb Commits to Dartmouth College TM@BOTC 9 minutes ago
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Shoreham Wading River (NY) 2022 Midfield Catherine Erb of Long Island Top Guns has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Dartmouth College.

High school: Shoreham Wading River (Shoreham, NY)
Grad year: 2022
Position: Midfield
College committed to: Dartmouth College
Club team: Long Island Top Guns
Lacrosse honors: 3 yr Varsity player, 2019 Under Armor LI Command Team, Lacrosse Magazine 2022 Top midfielder list, Lacrosse Magazine 2022 Top 100 player list
Academic honors: 4.0 GPA

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Catherine Erb on her commitment to Dartmouth College. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .
View College Profile Below:

0 27 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 2 hours ago
Are we still arguing about this? Our boys are sophomores. They all understand the way the game is played. Most of our kids will just have to work harder to keep up with older kids on same grade club teams. If they don't become a famous lacrosse player but they learn ethics of hard work and teamwork they will be OK in life.
141 8,786 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With the dead period being extended out to January 1, any reason to wait for in person coaches meetings is gone. Now its just a matter of getting offers and choosing among them. Folks forget this is a game of musical chairs. Aside from programs that keep some $$ in reserve for late bloomers and/or poaching, most of the scholarship money goes early.

Get yer 1/12 early or miss out!

For a private college, 1/12 times $75k times four years is $25k (a little less if you PV it) of tax free money.

Ok, so you pay $275,000 and save $25,000. For those holdbacks it becomes a wash since you paid that amount in tuition for the extra year. For the rest it means maybe recouping the wasted money paid in club dues, gas, hotels, and car wear/tear. notIntelligent racket.
3,368 500,475 more...
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 4 hours ago
He was held out the remainder of the game due to a possible concussion, but as far as I know he is good to go this weekend. Thanks for asking.

Tell him not to come out of the crease this weekend...he might hear footsteps...

Not a VLC or RR parent but a goalie dad--but FYI that goes both ways. Your boy would do well to keep his head on a swivel if he comes near the crease next time they play. Defenders and goalies absolutely remember jersey numbers.

Beer muscles from behind the computer from a 45 year old dad. Sounds like the Great Santini.
1,345 49,712 more...
Re: New England Prep School Lacrosse Anonymous 15 hours ago
Might have to do the preseason rankings-This is just based on college commits so far.

1. Taft
2. Brunswick
3. Salisbury
4. Avon Old Farms
5. Trinity-Pawling
6. Berkshire
7. Hotchkiss
8. Choate
9. All the Rest
120 8,177 more...
Sponsored Links
Re: Adult amusement Anonymous 16 hours ago
Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.[/

Dead period extended til Jan 1 terrible for 21,22 recruits

NCAA is over reacting once again. Why extend this all the way to January? With all this I truly believe the spring is on jeopardy once again

21’s out there really suffer. Many 22’s have larger window

Wonder if next summer will be the same with the vaccine a year away[/quote]

Ridiculous[/quote]

Many schools said they are waiting to be able to watch in person. Now with this how does it change fall lacrosse ?[/quote]

Film will remain important Clubs must make sure it is. good quality film
84 4,355 more...
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse Anonymous Yesterday at 08:57 PM
Did they separate the 2026 team?
5,475 7,548,371 more...
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 02:24 PM
Incorrect. Crabs won 7-5 over Looneys
436 46,033 more...
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous Yesterday at 01:16 PM
Actually it was #310082. Uh-oh got to puke again as I just glanced at it. Please stop discussing 6 months age difference and hold backs, etc. It is beyond a snore. Let the play speak for itself.
214 9,300 more...
Re: Boys 2027-6th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous Yesterday at 12:34 PM
Sorry boss. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings . Last time I checked this was a forum where people ask questions or opinions and other people answer . Peace and love brother. And to everyone else please please don't talk about machine , they are very sensitive.
196 9,990 more...
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous Yesterday at 12:27 AM
Igloo, looking for attack, must be able to shoot and you’re in
239 12,708 more...
Re: Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 09/18/20 03:57 PM
Who is in September shoot out
232 11,162 more...
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news. Anonymous 09/18/20 09:40 AM
Catholics schools will have sports starting September 21, as of now. They are it subject to Section 8 and Section 11s decision to go with that nutty schedule.

Unfortunately they pushed fall sports to March. Very sad.
Not catholic schools.

Yes Catholic schools, they just have not officially announced it yet.

Now there is extra time for prayer.

And we will say one for you, Heathen.
4,288 1,381,444 more...
TRYOUTS Jump to new posts
Rebels LC Open Spots BOTC_EVENTS 09/18/20 01:21 AM
0 40 more...
Re: Girls High School Lax Anonymous 09/17/20 06:15 PM
[/quote] Players could also feel a propensity to play with more freedom and take more risks which might lead to a more creative approach to their game by learning new techniques.[/quote]

you mean like... GO TO GOAL..
6,329 1,304,765 more...
COLLEGE LACROSSE Jump to new posts
DI Council Extends Recruiting Dead Period TM@BOTC 09/17/20 06:10 PM
The Division I Council extended the recruiting dead period through Jan. 1. The Council has been reviewing the dead period on a regular basis since April. A dead period precludes all in-person recruiting. Phone calls and correspondence can continue to occur.

Members also adopted emergency legislation prohibiting schools from giving complimentary game tickets to prospective student-athletes and their high school or two-year college coaches during the dead period.

While the Council acknowledged and appreciates the growing desire to resume in-person recruiting by select coaches’ associations, Council members ultimately concluded the primary concern right now must be protecting the current student-athletes on our campuses,” said Council chair M. Grace Calhoun, athletics director at Pennsylvania. “We encourage our coaches to interact with prospective student-athletes virtually in this time period.”

The decision to implement the dead period was first made at the onset of the COVID-19 crisis. The Council has continued to extend the dead period under the guidance of medical experts. The majority of coaches associations also supported an extension of the dead period

-NCAA.com
0 41 more...
Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 09/17/20 02:45 PM
A lot of details missing. First, there was no tournament this past weekend. There was only a game. The team played in a tourney the previous weekend and by all accounts, the girl did not have covid at that time. Her family became aware of her having it on this past Saturday, immediately notified the coach and the coach immediately canceled all activities and notified all families on the team. Many other girls were then tested and all are negative. It was handled as well as it possibly could have been handled. If you hear otherwise, it is lies.
41 5,194 more...
NEW JERSEY MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey Anonymous 09/17/20 01:53 PM
2022 Count!
Tri-State - still posting players highlights
BBL - ???
LE - Yale, Duke & Bucknell

Probably a little early to make a call on any club with the 2022 class... but these kids were going to have the same results no matter what club they were on, they are just really good lacrosse players. Moreover, I do not think that LE can take any credit for developing these kids, they just aggregated them onto a team. What will be more telling is how LE fares in the next few years now that the competition has caught up in NJ. As is evident with the LE 2023 team, they are not drawing the best 2023 kids in the state, this trend will continue as time goes on.

Your statement makes them an even better club. They "aren't drawing the best kids" but are placing more players!

BBL 2022 - North Carolina, Providence, Air Force
874 89,230 more...
The Agnes Irwin School (PA) 2022 Midfield, Attack Carly Wilson Commits to the University of Florida TM@BOTC 09/17/20 01:35 PM
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: The Agnes Irwin School (PA) 2022 Midfield, Attack Carly Wilson of Big 4 HHH has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at the University of Florida.

High school: The Agnes Irwin School (Villanova, PA)
Positions: Midfield, Attack
College committed to: University of Florida
Club team: Big 4 HHH
Lacrosse honors: 2020 Lacrosse Magazine National Watchlist Attack, 2020 All-America Lacrosse Highlight Team-Philadelphia Team, 2020 Agnes Irwin HS Team Ranked #21, IL Top 25 HS Power Rankings Preseason (2/20/20), 2020 Varsity starter Agnes Irwin High School, 2019 U.S. Club Rankings Summer/Fall Rankings 12/26/19 - Big 4 HHH 2022 Ranked #13, 2019 Under Armour Philadelphia Command Team, 2019 US Lacrosse National Team Development Player Combine invitee, 2019 WPLL Pennsylvania Region Team Member, 2019 PASLA National Tournament Philly Team 1 Member, 2019 Radnor High School Varsity Lacrosse Team as a freshman, 2019 Radnor High School Central League Champions, 2019 Radnor Varsity Coaches Awardee, 2018 Under Armour Uncommitted 2022 Team
Academic honors: Agnes Irwin: High Honors First & Second Semester;, Radnor HS: Distinguished Honor Roll, Best Buddies club member, Athletes for Athletes (Special Olympics), SpeakUP! leadership and Youth lacrosse coach, PAL (working with a 3rd grader in the Lower School at Agnes Irwin - several times a month), 2019 Originated a non-profit charity to provide fresh fruits and vegetables to the homeless in Philadelphia-Produce Project along with all social media content
Expected major: Business
Why did you choose University of Florida, Women's D1? "When I walked onto campus I immediately felt chills and knew that I wanted to go to the University of Florida. I love how Florida has a big time athletic feel, but at the same time, it feels like a tight-knit family. When I first met Mandee, Taryn, and Nadine, their energy jumped off the screen and it felt like I knew them for years. Their combined lacrosse experience is amazing and I am so excited to learn from them. I was also really drawn to their strong academics and my twin sister, Sydney, and I really wanted to go to school in the south to have a new experience together. "
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I want to thank Colleen Magarity for guiding me through this process and always challenging me to get better everyday. I also want to thank Kasey Mock for teaching me how to play with my head and my heart and for inspiring me to play with and for my team. Another huge thank you to Lauren Wray for encouraging me to be aggressive, gritty, and to never back down from an opponent. Thank you to my parents who have always been there for me and for driving those long drives to tournaments and camps; I truly could not have done anything without you guys encouraging me and being my rocks. I also want to thank all of my teammates who have pushed me to get better every day and who have taught me how to be a supportive teammate. A special thank you goes out to my HHH family who has been there from the start of it all and created so many special memories together. Finally, I would love to thank my twin sister for being my constant workout buddy and for always pushing me to be my best; I could not have done this without you being my source of motivation and best friend- I love you so much and cannot wait to be Gators together!! "
What other colleges did you consider? "Stony Brook, Penn State, Harvard, & Yale"

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Carly Wilson on her commitment to University of Florida. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .

0 126 more...
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo) Anonymous 09/17/20 01:10 AM
I am 10 times more concerned about the following yet HOCO and High schools have never stopped play for these.
1. Kid getting hit in the chest with a ball
2. Concussions
3. Getting a spinal cord injury
4. MRSA
5. Meningitis
6. Parent running on the field and attacking a player

Not making light on Covid but let's start using some rationality. This is out of control.
☝🏻
2,251 698,168 more...
Canandaigua Academy (NY) 2022 Midfield, Draw Abbey Herod Commits to Boston College TM@BOTC 09/16/20 07:47 PM
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Canandaigua Academy (NY) 2022 Midfield, Draw Abbey Herod of Monster Elite Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Boston College.

High school: Canandaigua Academy (Canandaigua, NY)
Positions: Midfield, Draw
College committed to: Boston College
Club team: Monster Elite Lacrosse
Lacrosse honors: Monroe County First Team (Freshman), Section 5 Championship All Tournament Team (Freshman), All Greater Rochester Honorable Mention (Freshman)
Academic honors: Distinguished Scholar every quarter
Expected major: Mathematics & Statistics
Why did you choose Boston College, Women's D1? "The team culture and high level of both education and lacrosse."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I’d like to thank my parents and my brother for always pushing me to get better, and my coach, Ronnie Davis, for leading me through the lacrosse world from a young age."
What other colleges did you consider? "Yale, Richmond, UVA, & Pitt"

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Abbey Herod on her commitment to Boston College. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .

0 125 more...
Re: Girls 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 09/15/20 06:02 PM
Every girl that commits in the first couple of weeks was probably on the radar or being recruited by 5 to 10 colleges
18 2,152 more...
Garden City High School (NY) 2022 Attack Meghan Rode Commits to Syracuse University TM@BOTC 09/15/20 05:27 PM
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Garden City High School (NY) 2022 Attack Meghan Rode of Long Island Liberty Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Syracuse University.

High school: Garden City High School (Garden City, NY)
Position: Attack
College committed to: Syracuse University
Club team: Long Island Liberty Lacrosse
Lacrosse honors: WPLL New York Futures Team, LILJ 2022 Watchlist
What other colleges did you consider? "USC, Brown, Duke, Loyola, Colgate, & American"

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Meghan Rode on her commitment to Syracuse University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .

0 106 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous 09/15/20 03:22 PM
Why is that? Why do people leave Express N (players and coaches)?

Totally varies by age group. Certain classes are solid with good continuity-- they are the better teams in terms wins/losses. Other classes have a lot of turnover, which is a reflection and cause of weaker teams, ex: 2023 team. When you lose, rotate players in/out every year, you will keep losing as best players jump to other club teams as weaker players replace them.

Express North has always been a mess at 2023. Eclipse made the tough but correct move a couple of years ago to discontinue its 2023 A team and stick with a single 2023 team. The team stayed together for a couple of years and got much stronger. Now with the team nationally ranked reclasses are going to that team making it even stronger. So strong that the new A team is as strong as some 2023 AA teams.
2,806 794,305 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2022- PA and surrounding Anonymous 09/15/20 09:36 AM
HHH undisputed best team in Philly after this summer.
558 170,166 more...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Today's Visitors
15 members (TM@BOTC, Laxers412, David20, JohnWick, Oneshot, cltlax, TheBackOfTheCage, LaxrFanatic, BOTC_EVENTS, HammerOfJustice, baldbear, GetALife, NassauLaxDad516, LaxMod, Dogpile), 4,163 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod