Members2,135
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTC MAIN FORUM
12 minutes ago
please don't get SUNY schools confused with these other schools. I speak firsthand as i trek into the city every AM regretting my decision to go to a SUNY. The SUNYs are great if you want to be an accountant, or go to a grad school... the other prestigious schools are the best path to banking, technology, trading, engineering or entrepreneurship. Plus from a location standpoint... each city is worse than the previous. Albany, Geneseo, Buffalo, Binghamton, Stony Brook.... geez, how depressing
6,446 1,323,008 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
37 minutes ago
Please tell us what you are talking about when you say:

"The same way some kids are not realistic, some coaches are not. And many coaches using this for a money making machine!"

How are coaches not realistic?
60 5,488 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
37 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Keep in mind guys.... The top middie last year at CHC heading to Ohio State in the Fall.... He didn't play on any elite MD or NY club team as a 5th, 6th, 7th grader, etc. He lived in GA, where any club team he did play for would be considered inferior, certainly 7+ years ago.

My point.... The cream will rise to the top, regardless of the club team your kid plays for now. The middie from CHC moved to Baltimore from Georgia before his junior year in HS and promptly took the starting spot of some kid, who in all likelihood, played on an "elite" club team in Baltimore growing up.

It is easy to rise to the top with you look like the CH Middie. He is a superior athlete. Most lacrosse players are 5-8 to 6-0. Most real Blue Chip athletes play football, baseball, BB, hockey, the money sports. That extra year does wonders when your competition is the same size and a year younger in lax. It stinks but holding back works for most players under 6 ft going against other players same size.

He's not successful simply being a superior athlete, he still has to work. The point is, irregardless of where he played when he was 10, in time, he developed into what he was meant to be. Let things happen, and what will be, will be. Most real blue chip athletes play football, baseball, and basketball because lacrosse and hockey aren't played nationwide. Lacrosse and Hockey are confined to certain areas, however, both are growing. Lacrosse is an incredible game, no matter what level you achieve, high school, D1, D3, club, etc. Great people involved, and ask the elite they're advice..... Enjoy the game and let your kid be a kid.

Can I eliminate my son as a "real blue chip athlete" if he plays soccer and lacrosse. It's not on your list. I need to be sure on how to build my "real blue chip athlete" according to an anonymous source.

You are correct, my mistake, soccer should have been included as well. My response referenced the Blue Chip Athletes (Money Sports) from the original response to the post. Great that your kid is a multisport athlete, how it should be at 10 years old.
411 14,630 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
45 minutes ago
Good point. But shame on the parents that put their kids in that position. And it isnt so much that Express has the 14 best players out there. I have seen 14 better kids on other teams. But they DO KNOW HOW TO COACH those kids which is something most of these other teams are lacking. Rip Exp if you want but they get the most out of those kids while other coaches alienate and actually make their own players/teams worse.. Everyone reading this knows this, And hopefully some of those coaches that claim they arent on this site are reading this also. Stop badmouthing other programs and clean up your own house first. Or resign
269 17,267 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
1 hour ago
Fall tournament season is around the corner.
i'm sure everyone is practicing.

Any teams confirmed for tourneys yet?
Any rumors floating out there? Coaching/Player shake ups?
Anyone want to rank the top 5 5th grade teams on LI? - Machine, Rage, Legacy, S2S, Igloo - ?

Looks like the Rebels have a 2nd 2027 team now. Anyone know if they transferred a bunch of kids from another team, or just heavy try outs and they kept everyone to have an A and B team?

This age group is very mellow on the boards, lets fire it up.
10 1,151 more...
Sponsored Links
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
1 hour ago
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Syosset High School (NY) 2021 Midfield, Attack Joseph Bueti of Igloo Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Marist College.

High School: Syosset High School (Syosset, NY)
Grad Year: 2021
Positions: Midfield, Attack
College Committed to: Marist College
Club Team: Igloo Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: All-County as a Sophomore, Maverick Showtime All-Star
Expected Major: Business
Why did you choose Marist College, Men's D1?"Great academics, competitive division 1 lacrosse, [and a] great location"
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thank you to Coach Alexander and Coach Calabria"
What other colleges did you consider? "Binghamton, Fairfield & Providence"

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Joseph Bueti on his commitment to Marist College. CB Laxers runs events for players aspiring to play at the college level & future college-bound players with small, boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th to provide players with a platform to get maximum exposure. For seniors signed to play at the next level, pre-college strength & conditioning training and the 'committed games' are offered which emulate the NCAA training regimen to help the top 10% of athletes get prepared for the next level. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.

View College Profile Below:

0 25 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
13 hours ago
What about Coppermine and Hoco?

Good catch. Based on the players both teams lost I would have to lump them in there between MD United and Redshirts. If they picked a up a few they may be a tad above those 2. But based on water cooler roomers they both lost a lot of players.
31 2,133 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
14 hours ago
YJ C? Why do you choose to disparage your own program and a fine man and coach in Janelli. Go stuff your opinion and you own mythical ranking of teams.

I guess “C” stands for champs of the charity tourney....... also could be for Captain of your town team when these girls make Varsity. Also stands for Clown, Classless or Chump which clearly you are!
53 3,627 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 09:53 PM
LOL ND has been at the top of the recruitment lists for years now. My guess is that the recruits are overhyped, under-coached, or a combo of both.

I have not seen IL's 2019 Top 10 Freshmen Class Ranking but I assume from your comment that Notre Dame has the highest rated incoming freshmen class. If that is the case it will be the first time ND has had the Number 1 spot in the past 5 years.

Notre Dame has not been at the top for years. Notre Dame is one of a number of programs that usually bring in strong (top 10) recruiting classes. Maryland, North Carolina, Syracuse, Florida, Princeton, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Boston College, Loyola, Duke, UVA have all had classes ranked in the Top 10 multiple times in the past 4 years. Again, have not seen this years ranking but I am sure it will be many of the usual suspects.
22 1,282 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 09:43 PM
...testosterone. The great equalizer.
1,219 222,690 more...
CAMPS & CLINICS
Yesterday at 08:10 PM
0 19 more...
CAMPS & CLINICS
Yesterday at 07:57 PM
0 15 more...
CAMPS & CLINICS
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
0 12 more...
TOURNAMENTS, SHOWCASES & LEAGUES
Yesterday at 07:30 PM
0 16 more...
TOURNAMENTS, SHOWCASES & LEAGUES
Yesterday at 07:14 PM
0 12 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 06:22 PM
Was that the 91 team who quit on a tournament because they got beat or the 91 team who doesn't compete in the big tournaments because they can't? You keep hanging your hat on the old holdback cheater routine. You are all alone up there on the island as far as the rules go nationally.

Crabs parent here. Let’s keep it real, as if that’s even remotely possible on this site. We were scheduled against Wolfpack in the NLF when 91 left. The tournament directors gave both teams the option of playing or not playing the game due to the heat. Same option they gave all teams in the lost bracket. Crabs coaches decided they wanted to play. Obviously 91 chose not to. Can’t say I blame them. Play a game in 95 degree heat that means nothing? For us, it would have been nice to get a shot at 91. For them, not much of a point to play the last game of the year with no shot at the T-shirt.

And that's fine except 91 kid/parent continues to scream at you Crabs parent about how bad your team is and what a cheater you are. You are being insulted and defending a team who quit because they didn't have a chance at the title and they tell everyone else how great they are and how bad you are. Come on.

I haven’t heard any insults about the crabs from this guy. The only people he’s insulted are the holdback parents of which I am not. Holdbacks have ruined the game and we here in the mid-Atlantic know that better than anyone.

You’re wrong. LI guy insults Madlax repeatedly. But as the worst offenders in the lacrosse underworld of holdbacks, double holdbacks and guest holdbacks, I have absolutely no problem with those insults. All deserved as far as I’m concerned.
95 5,501 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 05:55 PM
Igloo 2024 -- any background here??

None. They went downhill along with the other grades this year. Big coaching and player changes. I think the public is getting sick of the nonsense.
164 13,302 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 04:42 PM

Rankings are skewed towards teams they play in inside lacrosse tournaments or have players that do their events.

You're correct the rankings are skewed towards teams that won more games and strength of schedule.

B.S... It is all political.
1,945 312,484 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 03:05 PM
Did a grown adult actually post that?

had to be one of the players.probably one of the new ones.probably the one from heros.

Just stop. These girls are in high school now. They’ve moved on from the middle school pettiness. You parents should as well.

some parents cannot move on from middle school pettiness. they have been stuck there since THEY were in middle school
6 342 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 01:48 PM
any update on which teams are playing in the fall blatant tournament?
109 6,656 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 12:43 PM

Don’t worry about it. The families that need to know, know.

OK. Thanks for nothing. There's a tryout advertised this weekend. Cost is an issue for some. But if your attitude is indicative of the team then hard pass

Hard pass here too. Attitudes like speak volumes to the character of a team. No thanks.

Hard pass isnt needed. There is a reason neither of you are getting an invite

Sounds like the crazy goalie mom is back at it!!!!
90 6,156 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 11:11 AM
Since when did NLF rankings count as the governing body for rankings?

About 3 years. next question

Oh I thought it was Inside Lacrosse.... The real rankings for the class, that most reference, come out in August when the young guns list is posted.
47 3,771 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 01:42 AM
[quote=Anonymous]Because your precious daughter wasn't there, it wasn't a good tournament.. You think we should swallow info from low level long island trash. like yourself... Many of the other long island teams have been to that tournament over the last three years or even 4 years and I only remember Igloo and Yj Thorn winning in this age group.. Was the tournament good when Top Gun came in 3rd.. Shove your BS biased memo garbage .. Get your YJ bashing in now. Once that team gets a final roster, it looks like you will be in the rearview mirror again. All the other teams made no changes...status quo. .. Keep in mind that Yj will have 4 under amour all Americans on the midfield to start. and another that would have made it if she tried out. . So pass this memo around Jack butt.. So congratulation, you were a part of the best middle school team on long island... Now step aside and let the adults thru.. so they can get to work.....GET COMFORTABLE !

Hopefully you are joking cause you sound like a complete hammerhead.

that has got to be a joke...team will now implode and self destruct with all the politics and ridiculous deals. good luck for the majority of that team sidelined.
86 7,566 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
09/17/19 08:41 PM
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Albertus Magnus (NY) 2020 Midfield, Faceoff Hunter Irving of Patriot Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Molloy College.

High School: Albertus Magnus (Nanuet, NY)
Grad Year: 2020
Positions: Midfield, Faceoff
College Committed to: Molloy College
Club Teams: Patriot Lacrosse, Brotherhood Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: Faceoff Academy National Showcase Golden Ticket Early Invitee, Faceoff Academy Westchester Draw Day Winner, 2019-2020 Varsity Captain
Academic Honors: Over 2,000 Hrs of Community Service since Freshman Year, Missionary in Detroit Michigan, Cornell 4-H Pre-Vet Member, Future Health Care Professionals Club Member
Expected Major: Health Professions
Why did you choose Molloy College, Men's D2? "Great atmosphere, great science programs for my pre-vet major, great lacrosse coaching staff."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "[Thanks to] Greg Gurenlian and the rest of the Faceoff Academy staff. [And thanks to] Dale Weingarten, Chuck Ruebling, Adam Dimillo and the rest of the Patriot Lacrosse staff and Kyle Ojakian and everyone at Brotherhood Lacrosse."
What other colleges did you consider? "Westminister College & Adrian College"

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Hunter Irving on his commitment to Molloy College. CB Laxers runs events for players aspiring to play at the college level & future college-bound players with small, boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th to provide players with a platform to get maximum exposure. For seniors signed to play at the next level, pre-college strength & conditioning training and the 'committed games' are offered which emulate the NCAA training regimen to help the top 10% of athletes get prepared for the next level. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.

View College Profile Below:

0 46 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
09/16/19 03:07 PM
It's quiet spancky. What gives? Haven't you heard the news?
104 9,267 more...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Today's Visitors
14 registered members (DolphinLax, TM@BOTC, cltlax, hatimd80, laxer1, Bearded_Kaos, Laxers412, BOTC_EVENTS, gordon984, LaxDad19, TriStateLaxer, BoxLax99, TheBackOfTheCage, Annoy.), 3,478 guests, and 755 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod