Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 27 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That will likely change the next couple years before high school for the big 3 in the area.

There is more than a “Big 3 in the area”, but yes agree with change. There are some great teams at this age group in all areas.

Watch out for those players that work harder than others in the “off season”!

By 9th grade it will be down to a big 3 ! All the girls and families are gonna try for the big time if they think they can make it.
25 1,839 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 28 minutes ago
Hawks!

It was pretty cool the registration process with filling out and sending in birth certificates and report cards. See you guys in July

Now it will be funny to see like Black Ops and Nationals who are pulling on age kids from Madlax, BLC, Rough Riders and True because they can bring their actual club team.
1,190 71,585 more...
NEW JERSEY MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey Anonymous 1 hour ago
Stop the recruiting banter. They are 12. The cream always rises in time. The best players are almost always found regardless of the team they play for. Showcases, prospect days, UA AA games, etc. Don’t believe the hype. Your club program isn’t the only way.
Is Towerman putting a 2025 team in the WSYL so all the boys get an opportunity to play?

Come on man, this is not nice or constructive. We are better than this.
3 players can't attend? So you aren't better than this!
1,049 132,684 more...
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse Anonymous 2 hours ago
[quote=Anonymous]For those who don't feel Shannon and the Smiths are supportive of athletes educational and athletic future ... Please Google Sam Apuzzo's televized speech when she received the Tewaaraton Award! Check out the only coaches/program that she took the time publicly recognize! And if you say well that's because Sam was a stud and the others don't get the attention & treatment. Everyones daughters simply need to train harder! That does not daughter from that statement!

Things have certainly changed since those days...[/quote

Not for my daughter’s team. Sam has always helped out and been a great inspiration. A great reminder that any girl who works hard and stays humble can achieve her dreams. So proud of her accomplishments and philosophy. Sad that you need to put a negative spin into a Tewaaraton achievement!

Hmmm wonder why Appuzzo doesn’t coach with TC anymore
8,700 11,993,711 more...
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 8 hours ago
Cmon VLC dad- losing 0-13 to a team from Colorado in November?? FCA not elite anymore and NXTLevel won the B division in Fall HOCO. BLC was missing its best players. Looneys won Fall HOCO and VLC lost to them 1-5. You got drubbed twice by Crabs . Beating up zingos and roughriders dont make you elite. You really want to go winless in the elite bracket?? You think that is good for your boys? Good luck.
2,899 179,034 more...
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous 9 hours ago
Just look at the stats. Grade point average for students admitted to the University of Virginia 4.35, Georgetown 4.01 ,Cornell 4.07 and UPenn 3.88 all out of 4.0. They all have the same ACT and SAT scores. They all seem very similar with Virginia being the highest admitted grade point average and Upenn being the lowest. I find it hard to believe that there is a distinction between any of these schools.

Double checked the grade point average listed. They are correct with the exception of Cornell. Cornell is a 3.9. So the highest GPAs of those schools are Virginia which is the highest and Georgetown is the second highest. U Penn is the lowest. Everybody including prospective employers knows the Ivy League schools do not take the smartest kids anymore.

GPA is just a small piece of the puzzle to college admittance. Every HS has its own way to calculate GPA so its not apples to apples.

Pretty sure most if not all Ivy's use an "unweighted" GPA (4.0 scale) for admissions... Many schools do in fact use a "weighted" GPA that is why some schools show higher than a 4.0.... Also, High Schools are all very different some being more competitive than others... definitely not comparing apples to apples... and, as the post above states, "GPA is just a small piece of the puzzle to college admittance".

All colleges use weighted. I think the point is that all the GPAs are so close between the top colleges and the Ivy league that prospective student should not pick a school just because it is Ivy League. There are other options that will give a student the same opportunities. One consideration with the Ivy schools that many fail to consider is the type of student that attends an Ivy may not be what a lacrosse player will fit in.It is very important to fit in and that is why maybe some other options in the top 20 - 30 would better suit a student athlete and make them more successful and happy.[/quote]

I know many, many lacrosse players who attended or are currently enrolled at Ivy League schools going back to the 1970's and the vast majority are very happy with their decisions. My son has several friends at Ivy league schools (he does not attend an Ivy) but his friends appear to be happy with their choice.[/quote]

Yes of course many are happy. My oldest who got into Ivy league schools for grades and other factors and not athletics, decided not to go to those schools after accepted students day visits. Went to another top school and is very happy. There is no one size fits all for any school or any group of Schools. I think it is mandatory to visit any school a student is considering during the fall or spring sessions. It is very helpful to see who you will be going to school with and the type of students. It is also very important when considering a cold climate, like upstate New York, to visit in the winter. We visited Cornell three times. It was absolutely beautiful in the summer and top on the list. However during the winter it was very depressing and a little better during accepted students day in the spring. But I would agree that it is very impressive going to an Ivy League school. If a student is not the strongest and getting in because of athletics it is much better getting a lower grade from an Ivy League school then one of the other top schools. There are so many factors to consider.
7,192 1,751,527 more...
Re: Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 10 hours ago
The I’m a lost and have nothing better to do tourney
thanks for your great wisdom Mr I have nothing better to do but troll a lacrosse forum

Honestly, if you’re reading or posting on this site the last thing you should be doing is making fun of people doing the same or people that enjoy lacrosse. Have a bit of self awareness.
668 47,724 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous 11 hours ago
So when those girls made it and their coach was involved, they were undeserving because it is a pathetic set up. Got it.

The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.
As long as the evaluators and coaches are connected to certain clubs and schools the process will never change. The only way it will change is for Corrigan to change it. the 22 players chosen are not the best 22 players who tried out, there is no arguing this.[/quote]

This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.[/quote]

It is a horrible system. PERIOD. Again, how do you explain girls that made the team one year, do not even get a CALL BACK the following year? Not even called back??? That's a little strange IMO. The Highlight coach this year - non of "his girls" have made it in the past...hmmmm....what are the odds that at least 2 will be on it this year??? We will have to wait and see how UP AND UP this is...oops...it's NOT.[/quote]

There were a bunch of M&D and SW 2021 girls that are committed to top D1 schools that didn't get called back either. It's not easy to make the team.
645 104,719 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 11 hours ago
Madlax is the top team and will remain so until someone actually beats them when it counts. Madlax has the best attack and close defense units in the division. FCA has best middies & FOGO. Hawks has best goalies. Next Level is solid. Crabs & True can hang with top teams and could easily make a run in playoffs. Tourneymachine results show a big drop off after that.

TIER 1: Madlax
TIER 2: FCA-Hawks-NL
TIER 3: Crabs-True
TIER 4: BLC-Cavs-HLC-KP
111 8,323 more...
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse Anonymous 11 hours ago
[quote=Anonymous]Wow! So many ruffled moms and dads, makes me think she probably is top of her class with all these grown Meanyadults trying to put down a 15 year old girl.

What kind of stunad starts a post clearly indicating a certain 15 year old player?

Her mom

I don’t think any players mom is on here. I think it’s a bunch of dads who bash young talented girls because it makes them feel better about their own kid. Sad, pathetic and desperate middle school mentality from when you peaked in life.

Lots of moms and dads on here promoting their daughters . Bad mistake. Bottom line, this particular girl is not the top player. Not even close. Only a mom or dad would suggest that. Best to stop now, you’re only hurting your daughter, and embarrassing her.

I’ve totally posted about players I’ve seen on here, so I disagree with you

Disagree about what. If you are posting about why this particular girl is “the best” please provide actual evidence. Otherwise go away.
12,775 24,475,173 more...
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 12 hours ago
Top trainers and/or coaches for the 2024 class? High school or club welcome. Looking for a new team and new private trainer for my daughter.

My daughter has worked with Mike Kaplan Laxon and Coach Tilts (all can easily be found on instagram) She did a group training with laxon in Nassau and said that she was expecting it to be harder but it was still fun. She felt Mike Kaplan was unsafe because there were dozens of unmasked players with two trainers more concerned with social media and making kids like them then a workout. She liked Tilts for privates and also did a small group session with her. Only struggle is that Tilts and Laxons slots go very quick. Kaplan doesn’t seem to cap his so I think he will squeeze as many as he can in. Kaplan doesn’t train lacrosse just workouts, Laxon only has a few teams, and I am not sure which club Tilts works for.

Also not a fan of Kaplan Mediocre fitness class at best.

I sent my kid to the Friday lax factory at Kaplan and it was a joke and just another stunt to put more money in pockets
124 9,988 more...
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes Anonymous 13 hours ago
When these kids graduate from college and hit the real world. No one will care how old they are. The only people that care are those that whine about holdbacks. Guess what in high school and college your kid will be playing against older kids. Get used to it and have little James or Timothy hit the wall

Typical holdback response..While they want everyone to man up,,,they do the opposite and have their son play down. Years ago, We had a name for playing down.

Still do....

I don’t think holdbacks are the issue at CH; bringing kids in from all over the country on the “Kelly Scholarship” may be. As far as club all goes; FCA is notorious for not developing talent and simply looking for the next best thing.

Does the Kelly Scholarship include Healthy Holly books?

you mean Holy?

don't know, but scholarships at some other schools that provide housing for students include free meals!

No. Health Holly. Pugh. Kelly.
178 37,719 more...
CAMPS & CLINICS Jump to new posts
The Goalie Corp Clinics w/ Adelphi's Brian Volpi BOTC_EVENTS Yesterday at 11:40 PM
0 50 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous Yesterday at 11:36 PM
I agree about food life lessons but pretty sure B team players don’t “always manage” to catch up. My experience with my son’s team, and the club teams a year or two higher, is the really good players tend to stay the really good players. Are there some late bloomers at the margins? Sure. Do some kids backtrack a bit? Also sure. But there aren’t a lot of MIAA and top public varsity starters who weren’t pretty darn good A players the whole way. Also if every team in Bmore is full of holdbacks, aren’t holdback kids always just a year than the kids who are a grade ahead? And obviously when they get to high school 1-3 years behind the other kids if there are tons of holdbacks? Either most everyone holds back, and there are no advantages, or it’s rare and there is one. Can’t be both.

nobody cares about kids playing older kids in high school. If your kid is playing older kids he obviously playing up, which is encouraged. However, Kids who should be juniors in high school and stayed back in pre-first then some other grade playing freshman on CLUB teams is flat out wrong. Programs outside of high school should be strictly birthday based, not graduation year. New York started this mess, now they are against it since their schools don't jive with most of the US.

Majority of people with common sense think this way,,,but Many Club Owners and the holdback parents of the world like their holdback johnny getting an advantage others same age dont at Club level.

US Lax is a spineless organizing body.

What can they do? They sanction and host age based tourneys, but none of the top clubs attend them.

how does soccer keep it under control?
4,021 629,345 more...
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo) Anonymous Yesterday at 10:28 PM
Did Team MD merge with 3d MD?
2,274 750,486 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 08:12 PM
Skywalkers, MD United, Coppermine have 2029 teams in the Coppermine Indoor League.
2 416 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE Jump to new posts
Severna Park High School (MD) 2022 Goalie Sarah Krause Commits to Grand Valley State University TM@BOTC Yesterday at 06:43 PM
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Severna Park High School (MD) 2022 Goalie Sarah Krause of Maryland United Lacrosse Club has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Grand Valley State University.

High school: Severna Park High School (Severna Park, MD)
Grad year: 2022
Position: Goalie
College committed to: Grand Valley State University
Club team: Maryland United Lacrosse Club
Lacrosse honors: College Bound Laxers 2021 NY All Showcase Team Selection
Academic honors: National Honor Society, National French Honor Society

College Bound Laxers (CB Laxers), the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Girls' Recruits, congratulates Sarah Krause on her commitment to Grand Valley State University. CB Laxers is dedicated to providing premier recruiting-events for players who have aspirations of playing at the collegiate level and embrace the opportunity to give an edge to student-athletes to be acknowledged by top college coaches. Their UnD1sputed Showcase attracts some of the top players from around the country and have helped over 200 players to go on to play at the DI, II & III levels. For players looking to maximize their exposure, visit CBLaxers.com for more information about their upcoming events .
View College Profile Below:

0 78 more...
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 06:26 PM
Nothing gets the boys buzzing like some Nationals talk! Keep it going. I love the free publicity.
210 13,255 more...
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse Anonymous Yesterday at 05:45 PM
Sure you did; so you are lying, I mean denying the Gilman kid kicked the ProStart kid in the face when he was down? Even the Loyola kids on ProStart were embarrassed by their HS Teammates. You Looney's parents are a real piece of work!! Your club is a complete embarrassment at the 2023 level. Coaching is a disgrace; 2 dad coaches and horrible at it. This is more of a social club catering to friends then a real lacrosse club!! Buyer beware; daddy/friend ball at its finest.

—You are much worst than a liar, you are filth.

kicked in the face? why wasn't his helmet on? or did he kick him in the mask? I think you are a drama queen, a dirty filthy one as well....can I get your digits?

Digits? The post came from inside your house.

yes, please tell your wife the next time she is over, to clean up the mess and use her own phone.

Do holdback dads have a higher rate of unfaithful wives? The correlation maybe causation comes from the deep seeded insecurity of these men.

absolutely! a solid 98% are cucks!
2,363 803,145 more...
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 03:15 PM
If you don't know the team your kid is playing for and you're paying for is banned from certain tournaments you're clueless
187 11,951 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE Jump to new posts
Connetquot High School (NY) 2021 Midfield James Engley Commits to Farmingdale State College TM@BOTC Yesterday at 02:27 PM
@365Lax Boys' Recruit: Connetquot High School (NY) 2021 Midfield James Engley of Igloo Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Farmingdale State College.

High school: Connetquot High School (Ronkonkoma, NY)
Grad year: 2021
Position: Midfield
College committed to: Farmingdale State College
Club team: Igloo Lacrosse
Why did you choose Farmingdale State College, Men's D3? "I want to stay local on Long Island and I love the atmosphere at FSC!"
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thank you to all the coaches that guided [me] throughout my lacrosse journey"

365Lax, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com Boys' Recruits, congratulates James Engley on his commitment to Farmingdale State College. 365Lax provides lacrosse-specific services year round (camps, clinics, showcase teams & more) and they specialize in helping all athletes maximize their full potential and specifically specialize in training players to get prepared for the next level while implementing a NCAA training regiment performed by a variety of the top colleges in the country. For athletes of all ages & prospective student-athletes looking to enhance their game, visit 365Lax.com to train with their highly decorated & experienced coaches.
View College Profile Below:

0 89 more...
Today's Visitors
3 members (baldbear, JohnWick, BiggLax), 718 guests, and 521 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTC SPONSORS