The CBLaxers.com Elite 88 Showcase & The Igloo Elite 80 Showcase Camp Are Now Open for Registration - Limited Spots!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,269
Posts349,124
Members2,503
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 46 1 2 44 45 46
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite-
1-2 days a week fall lax.
3 days a week ECNL soccer.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Poll question. - In the Fall, how many days a week is your son practicing with his club team? If you can tell me which club, great, if you prefer not to, which division in HOCO did they play in last spring.

OP here. At this point, 8th grade about to enter HS, I had hoped our club (AAA) would increase the level of training/practices. We have been told that this was going to happen for the past couple seasons, but it hasn’t. I’m just trying to get some info from others so I can get a better perspective. IMO, if you are playing club at this grade 2 a week seems like it should be the standard for any level from A to Elite. My son plays 2 sports, but lacrosse is his main focus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practices twice or more a week for out of season sports is a lot to ask of a young athlete who also plays other sports, especially if the in-season team is a club sport that practices multiple times per week. There is a marked increase in over-use injuries in young athletes from playing/practicing several days a week. Let them focus on the in-season sports and their academics, and give their bodies an opportunity to rest and recover from their in season sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poll question. - In the Fall, how many days a week is your son practicing with his club team? If you can tell me which club, great, if you prefer not to, which division in HOCO did they play in last spring.

OP here. At this point, 8th grade about to enter HS, I had hoped our club (AAA) would increase the level of training/practices. We have been told that this was going to happen for the past couple seasons, but it hasn’t. I’m just trying to get some info from others so I can get a better perspective. IMO, if you are playing club at this grade 2 a week seems like it should be the standard for any level from A to Elite. My son plays 2 sports, but lacrosse is his main focus.

I get your point but. The vast majority of boys at AA lax or above are in soccer or football 5-6 days per week. Football for us right now is MW 60 minutes (school team), T/TH/F 3.5 hours (rec team + school team), Sat scrimmage or games (rec team). Sunday is club lax + lax small group training later in the day. Many boys have no days off of full-on team sports from Sept 1 to Nov 15. Zero days off. Would love to see more lax during the week....but "how" is a big question, especially as the soccer and football injuries start piling up over the next few weeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son is in AAA in 8th grade and isn’t playing more than 2 times a week in the fall, he’s got no future in the game. Just give up lacrosse and focus on his other sport.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why ask the question when you are already biased? PP said it right just go play your other sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Club lax finally addressing holdbacks! Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son is in AAA in 8th grade and isn’t playing more than 2 times a week in the fall, he’s got no future in the game. Just give up lacrosse and focus on his other sport.

Lol, your reading comprehension isn't that great, is it? I said his club team is only holding practices once a week in the fall, I didn't say he was only playing once a week. You can go back to trolling other message boards now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

Fixed.

If your son is in AAA and isn't a holdback, he’s got no future in the game. Just give up lacrosse and focus on soccer where its fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why ask the question when you are already biased? PP said it right just go play your other sport.

Hmmm, it's kind of odd that this triggered you. It's really not that hard to understand. I was looking for information about other clubs to then form a more knowledgeable opinion. You can go join your troll friend and talk about holdbacks or how only Elite teams matter now.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people do know it’s fall ball right? Means absolutely nothing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people do know it’s fall ball right? Means absolutely nothing

None of it really means anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Club lax finally addressing holdbacks! Thoughts?

Link?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the link is on IG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like move is to school age calendar year Sept 1 like World Series Model!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When is this supposed to go into effect? And is there any meat behind it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When is this supposed to go into effect? And is there any meat behind it?

No, there is no meat behind it. It's US Club Lax not US Lacrosse. All that is is social media fodder for clicks. And they got em...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It shouldn’t impact the 27s as they are moving into high school next year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 46 of 46 1 2 44 45 46
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard