Members2,056
Most Online5,209
Aug 22nd, 2018
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/21/19 02:48 PM
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: St. Anthony’s High School (NY) 2019 Faceoff Kevin Galvin of LI Express Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Dominican College of Blauvelt.

High School: St. Anthony’s High School (South Huntington, NY)
Grad Year: 2019
Position: Faceoff
College Committed to: Dominican College of Blauvelt
Club Team: LI Express Lacrosse
Expected Major: Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement
Why did you choose Dominican College of Blauvelt, Men's D2? "I felt that Dominican would be a good place for me to do well, especially academically, due to the small size of the school enabling me to have a better connection with the teachers I will have."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I’d like to thank all of my friends and family members who have been supporting me, I’d like thank all of the coaches I’ve had throughout my time playing lacrosse for encouraging me, and I’d especially like to thank my Mom for always being there for me and being the most supportive person in my life."
What other colleges did you consider? "SUNY Purchase, Ohio Wesleyan & Roger Williams University"

Contributed By: Tom Michaelsen
Back Of The CAGE | BackOfTheCAGE.com
Know Someone Who's Committed? Click Here to Submit a Commitment Story

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Kevin Galvin on his commitment to Dominican College. CB Laxer's runs boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th at the perfect landscape to get maximum exposure. For college bound seniors, CBL emulates the NCAA strength & conditioning training regimen & also run the committed games & leagues where they can train & compete against the top 10% lacrosse players. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.

View College Profile Below:

0 104 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/21/19 03:19 AM
@CBLaxers Girls' Recruit: Wake forest (NC) 2020 Att, Mid Daisy Colvin of Nor'easter Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Lafayette College.

High School: Wake forest (Wake Forest, NC)
Grad Year: 2020
Positions: Attack, Midfield
College Committed to: Lafayette College
Club Team: Nor'easter Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: UNC All Star Team, WPLL Futures, Team USA Connecticut, All State, All Conference
Academic Honors: Honor Roll, HOBY
Why did you choose Lafayette College, Women's D1? "Amazing opportunities, awesome program"
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would like to thank my parents & coaches"
What other colleges did you consider? "Jacksonville & ECU"

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Daisy Colvin on her commitment to Lafayette College. CB Laxer's runs boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th at the perfect landscape to get maximum exposure. For college bound seniors, CBL emulates the NCAA strength & conditioning training regimen & also run the committed games & leagues where they can train & compete against the top 10% lacrosse players. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.

0 66 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/19/19 05:16 PM
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit:Shawnee High School (NJ) 2019 LSM, Def Colin Dougherty of Tri-State Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Elizabethtown College.

High School: Shawnee High School (Medford, NJ)
Positions: LSM, Defense
College Committed to: Elizabethtown College
Club Team: Tri-State Lacrosse
Expected Major: Business
Why did you choose Elizabethtown College, Men's D3? "I chose my college for the great coaching staff & because of the way they set you up to succeed in the classroom."

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Colin Dougherty on his commitment to Elizabethtown College. CB Laxer's runs boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th at the perfect landscape to get maximum exposure. For college bound seniors, CBL emulates the NCAA strength & conditioning training regimen & also run the committed games & leagues where they can train & compete against the top 10% lacrosse players. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.

0 31 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/19/19 03:42 AM
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Mainland Regional High School (NJ) 2019 Faceoff, Mid Thomas Kelly III of South Jersey Shamrocks Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Caldwell University.

High School: Mainland Regional High School (Linwood, NJ)
Positions: Faceoff, Midfield
College Committed to: Caldwell University
Club Team: South Jersey Shamrocks Lacrosse
Academic Honors: 3.7 GPA, January Student of the Month, All Honors
Why did you choose Caldwell University, Men's D2? "It was the best opportunity for me to further my education and continue to play the sport I love."
What other colleges did you consider? "Widener, Stockton, Tampa, Florida Southern & Greensboro College"

CB Laxers, the official college commitments sponsor for BackOfTheCAGE.com congratulates Thomas Kelly III on his commitment to Caldwell University. CB Laxer's runs boutique recruiting showcases for players in grades 8th-11th at the perfect landscape to get maximum exposure. For college bound seniors, CBL emulates the NCAA strength & conditioning training regimen & also run the committed games & leagues where they can train & compete against the top 10% lacrosse players. Visit CBLaxers.com for more info.

0 61 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/18/19 06:59 PM
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: East High School (UT) 2019 Goalie Dalton Hoopes of Wasatch LC has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Lenoir-Rhyne University.

High School: East High School (Salt Lake, UT)
Position: Goalie
College Committed to: Lenoir-Rhyne University
Club Team: Wasatch LC
Lacrosse Honors: APEX All Star, State Championship MVP, 2X Game MVP.
Academic Honors: High Honor Roll, AP Scholar, National Honors Recipient.
Why did you choose Lenoir-Rhyne University, Men's D2? "I committed to Lenoir-Rhyne because of numerous factors, the primary being: the awesome coaching staff, the great team/brotherhood, and the education. On my visit, I immediately knew it was the right place for me."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Special thanks to Wasatch LCs Danny and Ricky. Also my goalie coach."
What other colleges did you consider? "Trinity college, Westminster, Utah Valley, The University of Utah (Walk on)."

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 61 more...
Sponsored Links
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/18/19 06:31 PM
@CBLaxers Boys' Recruit: Verona Area High School (WI) 2019 LSM Drew Dingle of Amplify Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Lewis University.

High School: Verona Area High School (Verona, WI)
Position: LSM
College Committed to: Lewis University
Club Team: Amplify Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: All Star Team D3 Midwest Showcase
Expected Major: Computer & Information Sciences
Why did you choose Lewis University, Men's D2? "The academics are great and they have one of the best programs for my major, there athletic programs are amazing and I wanna be surrounded by other great athletes."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I wanna thank my family, coach’s and teammates for always pushing me to be the best player I can be, I’ve had some true role models to look up too."
What other colleges did you consider? "Aurora and Wheeling Jesuit"

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 34 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/18/19 04:58 AM
Notre Dame Prep (AZ) 2019 Goalie Josh Calvin of Team 12 Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Lewis University.

High School: Notre Dame Prep (Scottsdale, AZ)
Club Team: Team 12 Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: 2018 Arizona All Star. 2018 Arizona All State Honorable Mention, 2018/2019 AZ player to watch.
Why did you choose Lewis University, Men's D2? "When my high school coach introduced me to coach Perruzzi, I knew Lewis would be a good option for me. As soon as I visited, I fell in love with the campus and overall feeling of the school and program. I committed soon after."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thank you to coach Perruzzi & Kearny. Thank you to my mom and thank you to my high school coaches & teammates."
What other colleges did you consider? "Ohio Wesleyan, Hanover & Westminster"

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 71 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/17/19 04:10 AM
Northwest Career and Technical Academy (NV) 2019 Def, LSM Tyler Shively of Vegas Starz has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Lewis University.

High School: Northwest Career and Technical Academy (Las Vegas, NV)
Positions: Defense, LSM
Club Team: Vegas Starz
Lacrosse Honors: Repeat Adrenaline All-Star; The Challenge & The Western Shootout
Academic Honors: 2018 All Academic Team
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thank you to all my coaches who have helped me along this journey since I picked up the stick in 6th grade. Also a special thank you to my parents and family for always supporting me."

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 76 more...
PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE
01/15/19 04:09 AM
A new lacrosse league being launched this year by native Marylanders will have yet another connection to the Old Line State.

Baltimore-based STX, one of the top lacrosse manufacturers in the U.S., will be the Premier Lacrosse League's official equipment provider when the league begins its inaugural season in June.

We are thrilled to partner with the Premier Lacrosse League and provide the opportunity for the top players in the game to compete in our equipment,” Ed Saunders, vice president of sales and marketing for STX, said in a statement. “The PLL is providing players an opportunity to pursue lacrosse in a full time capacity like never before, and we’re excited to join that movement.”

The partnership will showcase STX-sponsored athletes — including Kyle Harrison, Marcus Holman and Will Manny — competing with the company's equipment during the season. STX will also launch interactive experiences on site at game weekends, giving fans an opportunity to handle the same equipment being used by the players on the field.

As part of the announcement, the PLL and STX released a video showcasing Harrison’s journey to becoming a professional lacrosse star. Harrison, has been an STX athlete since graduating from Johns Hopkins University in 2005. He is also the director of player relations for the PLL. (Click here to view video)

Brothers Paul and Mike Rabil, from Gaithersburg, co-founded the Premier Lacrosse League. Paul, who played lacrosse at Dematha Catholic High School and Johns Hopkins, is one of the sport's biggest stars. Mike played lacrosse at Watkins Mill High School and is now a businessman and CEO of the league.

The league, which will compete with Major League Lacrosse for talent and viewership, is backed an investment group comprised of the Raine Group, Creative Artists Agency, the Chernin Group, and Blum Capital. The league was announced in October, with an exclusive media-rights deal with NBC Sports Group. The season will begin in June with six teams embarking on a 14-week season that concludes with a playoff and league championship game.

By Holden Wilen – Reporter, Baltimore Business Journal
0 32 more...
PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE
01/14/19 09:31 PM
NEW YORK, January 14, 2019 – The New York National Lacrosse League (NLL) team announced today that Regy Thorpe has been named Head Coach and General Manager for the franchise. A decorated former professional lacrosse player, Thorpe brings more than 20 years experience as a coach and general manager at nearly every level of men’s and women’s field and box lacrosse to his new position. The New York NLL team was awarded to live events and sports media entertainment company GF Sports and its affiliates (“GF Sports”) in December 2018 and will begin play this December with home games at the newly renovated NYCB LIVE.

The team also announced today that the official name and logo will be unveiled at a special event at NYCB LIVE during the New York Open (February 9-17), an annual men’s professional ATP tournament owned and operated by GF Sports. Since December, the team has been surveying fans on their website for feedback on the team name. Thorpe will appear at the unveiling event and the team plans to host a lineup of lacrosse clinics throughout the tournament. Additional information on the unveiling and clinics will be available in the coming weeks on www.nllnewyork.com and www.newyorkopen.com.

After conducting a broad search for this position we are thrilled to have Regy on board to build and lead our new team. He has not only had success as a professional player and coach in both box and field lacrosse, but is also personally committed to building the sport from the youth to the professional level,” said Gary Fuhrman, Managing Partner at GF Capital and Board Member of GF Sports. “As a New York- native with deep roots in the lacrosse community throughout the region, Regy’s unique experience and perspective will also be invaluable as we continue connecting with the lacrosse community locally to forge the relationships we know will be important to the success of this franchise.” Fuhrman continued by reiterating his view that “now is the moment for this sport.”

Thorpe, who currently serves as the Associate Head Coach for women’s lacrosse at Syracuse University, will finish the season for Syracuse and then join the New York NLL team full-time beginning in June. In the interim he will support the team’s ongoing community outreach efforts as they work to connect with local lacrosse teams and organizations to provide support, garner feedback and establish lasting partnerships. Thorpe will maintain his position as Head Coach of the US Lacrosse Indoor Box Lacrosse World Team concurrent with his new role.

"I would first like to thank Gary and the whole team at GF Sports for their trust and confidence in me. I felt an instant connection the first time we met and their vision for this franchise, both short-term and long-term, aligns perfectly with mine,” said Thorpe. "New York has a long and rooted history of lacrosse that we will look to build on. The people of New York deserve a team that they can be proud of and one that not only will have success on the field but that is truly part of the community. The passion that so many New Yorkers have will help fuel our team and certainly be part of our team DNA. I couldn't be more excited about this opportunity and look forward to the quest that lies in front of us."

Thorpe’s vast experience as a player, coach and general manager spans professional, collegiate, junior level and international box and field lacrosse. Since 2010, he has coached the women’s lacrosse team at Syracuse alongside Head Coach Gary Gait, helping the Orange to reach the NCAA semifinal round six times, including two championship game appearances. In 2017, US Lacrosse named Thorpe the head coach of the U.S. Men's Indoor Team compete at the 2019 Federation of Lacrosse Men’s Indoor World Championships in British Columbia. Throughout his career as a Head Coach, he has led the Hamilton Nationals to the MLL championship game (2011), the Six Nations Arrows of the Ontario Junior A league to the Minto Cup title (2007) and the Long Island Sound to the UWLX championship (2017) following an undefeated season. As an Assistant Coach, he helped the Rochester Rattlers win a Major League Lacrosse (MLL) championship (2008) and the Six Nations Arrows win the Minto Cup (2014).

Thorpe is a Syracuse graduate who was a captain and All-American for the 1993 national championship team and went on to a successful professional playing career. Thorpe played for 15 seasons (1995 – 2010) in the NLL, all for the Rochester Knighthawks, where he served as team captain for the team’s NLL championships in 1997 and 2007. He eventually became the league’s first general manager/player as he simultaneously held duties on and off the floor from 2008 to 2009. To this day he holds the record for the most NLL games played by an American. In addition to his professional indoor experience, Thorpe spent six seasons (2001 – 2006) competing for the Rochester Rattlers of MLL, serving as a team captain and helping lead the team to the league semifinals in three seasons. Thorpe served as a captain for the 2007 U.S. team at the FIL World Championship that won a bronze medal and has represented the country at the Heritage Cup and Bowhunter Cup over the years. He helped the U.S. defeat Canada to win the Heritage Cup in 2002 and beat the Iroquois Nationals to win the Bowhunter Cup in 2010.

Among his many accolades, Thorpe has been inducted into the US Lacrosse Greater Rochester Chapter Hall of Fame, the Jordan Elbridge High School Hall of Fame, the National Junior College Athletic Association Hall of Fame and the Rochester Knighthawks Hall of Fame.

About GF Sports
GF Sports is a live events and sports media entertainment company created by New York-based private equity firm GF Capital Management & Advisors, LLC. Formed in July 2015, GF Sports owns two of the ATP World Tour’s longest running American tournaments, the New York Open and the BB&T Atlanta Open, as well as the New York National Lacrosse League expansion team. In addition, GF Sports is the major shareholder in EEM World, a global leader in equestrian event production that owns and operates the Longines Masters Series. GF Sports also incubates new and emerging sport concepts utilizing its global expertise and network to help develop niche sports. Such concepts include Wolf Pack Ninjas, which operates ninja-focused events globally. Veteran sport, media and entertainment executive Hank Ratner is a co-investor with GF Capital across the company’s various sports properties.

GF Capital makes control-oriented, growth capital investments in branded consumer product and media companies, and its investments have included a number of sports and live entertainment companies. These include Repucom, a global leader in sports measurement, evaluation and intelligence, which was sold to Nielsen in 2016 and Blue Man Group, the world-renowned entertainment company which was sold to Cirque du Soleil in 2017.

For additional information, please visit www.gfcap.com.

The New York NLL franchise will begin play at NYCB LIVE, Home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in December 2019.

Source: NLLNewYork.com
0 40 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/14/19 03:09 PM
William Howard Taft (IL) 2019 LSM, Def Ryan Bendig of East Ave Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at University of Michigan-Dearborn.

High School: William Howard Taft (Chicago, IL)
Positions: LSM, Defense
College Committed to: University of Michigan-Dearborn
Club Team: East Ave Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: All-Conference Honorable Mention 2016 All-Conference 2nd Team 2017 4 Year Varsity Player 2 Year Captain 2017 High School Team MVP
Academic Honors: IB diploma programmer student
Expected Major: Engineering
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Coach Opron and all of the East Ave staff"
What other colleges did you consider? "Milwaukee School of Engineering & Ohio Northern"

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 68 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/12/19 01:24 AM
Wells High School (ME) 2019 Goal Kiah Holdsworth of 207 Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Kalamazoo College.

High School: Wells High School (Wells, ME)
Club Team: 207 Lacrosse
College Committed to: Kalamazoo College
Lacrosse Honors: Starting Captain (2015-18); Warrior Pride Award Recipient (2017-18)
Academic Honors: Academic Honor Roll 2015-16, 2016-17, Trimester 3 2017-18, Trimester 1 2018-19; Soloist in the Marching, Jazz & Concert Bands (2015-19); Section leader in the Marching Band (2016-18); Drum Major (2018-19); Leading Sound Technician (2015-19)
Expected Major: Biological & Biomedical Sciences
Why did you choose Kalamazoo College, Men's D3? "I chose Kalamazoo because of its intense focus on rigorous academics. Kalamazoo has partnerships with colleges such as University of Washington - St. Louis & University of Michigan - Ann Arbor that provide extensive options for fields of study. Their 3/2 engineering track is known for its excellence and the college has a partnership with the biotech giant, Stryker. The custom K-Plan gives me the capability to study my way while still providing me an excellent liberal arts education. Kalamazoo Lacrosse is also known for its dynamic play and intensity on the field."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Special thanks to my mom & dad, Coach Ward, Coach Desveaux, Coach Whitten & Coach Manders"
What other colleges did you consider? "Berry College, Aurora University, Vassar College, University of Dallas - Irving & Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute"

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 89 more...
LACROSSE NEWS
01/11/19 04:25 AM
Epoch Lacrosse has made headlines in the college lacrosse ranks, signing the 2016 NCAA champions to a multi-year equipment deal.

Epoch's Purpose head is cited in the release below, and has been a big hit at the last two Epoch ILWomen Committed Academies.

Check back for more news on this announcement.

North Carolina Athletic Department Press Release

CHAPEL HILL — The University of North Carolina and two-time NCAA champion head coach Jenny Levy have agreed to a multiyear contract with Epoch Lacrosse, the industry leader in lacrosse technology, to be the exclusive supplier of hard goods such as stick heads, shafts, gloves and other select equipment to the Tar Heel women's lacrosse program, UNC announced on Thursday.

"We are so excited to partner with Epoch and celebrate its investment in women and girls who play our sport," Levy said. "As a coach, I want to work with companies that value who we are as a program and are dedicated to providing us an edge with innovative equipment. As we learned more about Epoch and the research and technology they put into product design for elite performance, we felt that it was a great fit for our program.

"It is clear through everyone we have met within the Epoch team, that they have an authentic passion for the sport, a handle on the pulse of the industry and most importantly want to be the best in the business," Levy continued. "We are excited to partner with their engineers to continue to evolve the game for players everywhere and we welcome Epoch to the Carolina family. Together, we look forward to taking the sport of lacrosse to new heights."

"We are grateful and extremely proud that such a prestigious women's lacrosse program has chosen to partner with Epoch Lacrosse as their hard goods equipment supplier," said Ryan Hurley, Epoch's partner and senior director of sales. "Epoch has committed itself to innovating in the women's lacrosse game and has done so with our Purpose head and its patent-pending 15-degree technology.

"Through meeting with Coach Levy and the team leadership, Epoch recognized our shared commitment to excellence. They are constantly looking to find the best student-athletes that help improve their team, and the same is true for their equipment supplier. We look forward to watching the Tar Heels women's lacrosse team compete for future national championships with their industry-leading Epoch technology."

About Epoch Lacrosse:
Epoch Lacrosse is a U.S. design and technology company committed to exclusively creating the highest-performing lacrosse equipment made and manufactured in the U.S. Through its innovation lab in Minneapolis, Epoch Lacrosse incorporates high-tech practices into its production including 3D printing and utilizing carbon fiber. In addition to Epoch Lacrosse's use of technology, the design of their women's head and shafts are leading the lacrosse industry and are growing in popularity among players – including the Purpose 15-degree head, and Dragonfly Purpose for elite lacrosse players.
0 72 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/11/19 02:46 AM
Unionville High School (PA) 2020 Midfield, Attack Mina Scott of PA Express Lacrosse Orange has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Arizona State University.

High School: Unionville High School (Kennett Square, PA)
Positions: Midfield, Attack
College Committed to:Arizona State University
Club Team: PA Express Lacrosse Orange 2020
Lacrosse Honors: Elite 12, Catonsville, MD NXT Girl's Philly Showcase, All Star Team, Downingtown, PA US Lacrosse, Philly 2, National Tournament Stony Brook, NY
Expected Major: Health Professions

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 164 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/10/19 02:11 AM
Conestoga High School (PA) 2020 Def Alexandra Aufiero of Philly Blast Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at George Washington University.

High School: Conestoga High School (Chesterbrook, PA)
Position: Defense
College Committed to: George Washington University
Club Team: Philly Blast Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: National Tournament Philly Team 3 (2018 Finalist); WPLL Futures Team Philly (2018 Finalist); NXT Philly Summer Showcase All Star (2017).
Academic Honors: National Honor Society; 4.85GPA; Service & Leadership Award recipient, T&E Kids Care; Executive Board, Conestoga Peer Mediation; N.H.S.
Expected Major: Health Professions
Why did you choose George Washington University, Women's D1? "I chose George Washington University because I love the location and size of the school & I know that I will be challenged both academically and in lacrosse. The lacrosse coaches and team have been very welcoming and communicative with me throughout the process."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I want to thank my parents for taking me on visits & supporting all my decisions. Thank you to Josie Ferri & Julie Young, my Blast coaches & Amy Orcutt, my high school coach for guiding me through through the process."
What other colleges did you consider? "Franklin and Marshall, Quinnipiac, American, Georgetown & Temple"

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 105 more...
PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE
01/09/19 06:05 PM
The Premier Lacrosse League has already proven to be a galvanizing force in the lacrosse community. That reach now includes the women’s game.

The PLL is partnering with the Women’s Professional Lacrosse League to stage WPLL games in conjunction with select PLL events, the leagues announced Monday morning. That means on certain weekends during the PLL’s 14-week tour, fans will be able to watch their favorite players — men and women — on the same stage.

The message? Saturdays are no longer just for the boys.

We’re honored and excited to work with the WPLL, locking arms with the game’s greatest players, and showcasing the best competition in the world,” PLL co-founder Paul Rabil said in a press release issued by the league. “Like us, the WPLL is a league founded by the players, and we’re eager to share those stories with the lacrosse community and sports fans everywhere.”

The two leagues also will collaborate on youth events, share content and exchange best business practices as part of “an effort to unify the sport,” the press release states.

The WPLL held its inaugural season in 2018, with the goal of advancing lacrosse by providing professional opportunities for women in the sport. The league is comprised of five teams with 125 players, and will begin its second season in June.

The Philadelphia Fire and New England Command played a game at Harvard Stadium prior to the Major League Lacrosse All-Star Game on June 28, but until now the WPLL did not have a formal partnership with any of the professional men’s leagues.

By working together with the PLL on this collaborative initiative, we’re aiming to create heroes for young lacrosse players everywhere,” said Michele Dejuliis, the WPLL’s founder and CEO. “It’s rare to find gender unification at the league level in sports. We’re excited to break that mold, grow together, as well as increase lacrosse’s visibility and participation.”

The PLL’s inaugural season starts in June and will feature six teams that will compete in a tour-based model. The league has not yet announced its schedule, rosters or venues, but it has an exclusive media rights agreement with NBC Sports Group. Most of the sport’s most recognizable players have joined Rabil in his new venture, which is backed by an investment group comprised of The Raine Group, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), The Chernin Group and Blum Capital.

Source: USLaxMagazine.com
0 31 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/08/19 10:34 PM
The Hill Academy (ON) (MI) 2020 Att, Mid Matteo Corsi of Juiced Cherries Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Lehigh University.

High School: The Hill Academy (ON) (Northville, MI)
Positions: Attack, Midfield
College Committed to: Lehigh University
Club Team: Juiced Cherries Lacrosse, The Hill Academy
Academic Honors: 2x Honor Roll & Gabriel Richard Club at Detroit Catholic Central HS
Why did you choose Lehigh University, Men's D1? "Lehigh has it all. The combination of an amazing coaching staff and exceptional academics truly sold me on the school."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would like to thank my coaches from the Juiced Cherries and the coaches from the Hill who push me to be my best."

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 93 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/08/19 09:48 PM
Orono High School (MN) 2020 Def, Mid Geneva Berrett of Minnesota Elite Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Bryant University.

High School: Orono High School (Wayzata, MN)
Positions: Defense, Midfield
College Committed to: Bryant University
Club Team: Minnesota Elite Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: Under Armour All American Underclass 2017, 2018; Brine NLC All Star 2017, National Lacrosse Classic 2018, Cascade NPE80 All Star 2018, All Conference 2017, Brogden Cup Team USA 2018
Academic Honors: Section 5AAA Academic Gold, Spotlight on Scholarship
Why did you choose Bryant University, Women's D1? "Bryant University is an amazing, vibrant school with so much growth happening!, I feel so at home with the wonderful Coaching staff, the team, the campus, the size, everything is the perfect fit for me. Go Bulldogs!"
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thanks to my parents, my Minnesota Elite coaches and teammates, Orono lacrosse, the amazing camp and showcase coaches I’ve played for and learned from, and to all the great competitors I’ve been blessed to play with and against over the years. "
What other colleges did you consider? "Jacksonville University & Rollins College"

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 120 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/03/19 11:41 PM
Wissahickon Senior High School (PA) 2019 Def, Mid Naomi Bram of Ultimate Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Colorado College.

High School: Wissahickon Senior High School (North Wales, PA)
Positions: Defense, Midfield
College Committed to: Colorado College
Club Team: Ultimate Lacrosse
Academic Honors: 1) PASLA All-Academic Team Honors 2) Art Mentorship Volunteer 3) Distinguished Honor Roll 4) NHS member 5) FNHS member
Why did you choose Colorado College, Women's D3? "Colorado College has a unique block plan that perfectly, academically suits me. It is a small school that will definitely allow me to get to know my professors and peers, which is very important to me as well. The coaches at Colorado have worked so hard to create an extremely competitive and well-rounded team of which I cannot wait to be a part of."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would like to thank my Ultimate coaches, Mel Furey and DJ, for all the support they gave me through my entire recruiting process. I would also like to thank my high school coach, Jamie Kane, who challenges me to get better everyday. Last but not least, I would like to thank my teammates and my parents who inspire me to stay motivated and reach my goals."
What other colleges did you consider? "Sewanee, Connecticut College, Williams & Occidental "

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 69 more...
TOURNAMENTS, SHOWCASES & LEAGUES
01/03/19 01:46 AM
0 146 more...
TOURNAMENTS, SHOWCASES & LEAGUES
01/03/19 01:39 AM
0 103 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/02/19 10:39 PM
Bishop Eustace Prep (NJ) 2019 Mid Alec Morano of Blue Star Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Rhodes College.

High School: Bishop Eustace Prep (Pennsauken, NJ)
Position: Midfield
College Committed to: Rhodes College
Club Team: Blue Star Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: Team Captain
Academic Honors: 1st Honor Roll, Headmaster’s Academic Honors, Moffa Family Student Athlete Scholarship

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 71 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/01/19 06:15 AM
Comsewogue (NY) 2020 Midfield, Attack Olivia Fantigrossi of the LI Yellow Jackets has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at LIU Post.

High School: Comsewogue (Port Jefferson Station, NY)
College Committed to: LIU Post
Club Teams: Yellow Jackets, FLG
Lacrosse Honors: All Division
Academic Honors: Chemistry, English & Global Honors and AP Language
Why did you choose LIU Post, Women's D1? "I loved the coach and I think I can succeed and have many great seasons to come, the campus was beautiful and the education will be exceptional"
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I would like to thank my parents for helping me with the crazy process & my coaches Craig Blatter, Brendan Gaghan & Jackie Wilkom"

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 114 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
01/01/19 02:23 AM
Bridgton Academy (MA) 2019 Midfield, Attack Peter Hamel of HGR Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Franklin Pierce University.

High School: Bridgton Academy (Methuen, MA)
College Committed to: Franklin Pierce University
Club Team: HGR Lacrosse
Expected Major: Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement
Why did you choose Franklin Pierce University, Men's D2? "I felt FPU was the best fit for me academically & athletically. I like Coach Senatore's style of coaching."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "Thank you to my parents for all of their support and helping reach my goal of playing college lacrosse. Also thanks to my coaches and teammates at Whittier Tech and Bridgton Academy."

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 130 more...
PLAYERS TRIBUNE
12/31/18 06:28 PM
The Ursuline School (NY) 2020 Def, Draw Camryn DiCostanzo of Prime Time Lacrosse has made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Iona College.

High School: The Ursuline School (New Rochelle, NY)
Positions: Defense, Draw
College Committed to: Iona College
Club Team: Prime Time Lacrosse
Lacrosse Honors: Under Armour 150, FabFrosh, SuperSophs, The Grind-Team Champions, Presidents Cup-Undefeated 4 Year Varsity Athlete
Academic Honors: National Honor Society, Scholar athlete, Columbus Citizens Foundation HS scholarship recipient
Why did you choose Iona College, Women's D1? "Iona has a great academic reputation and strong business program. I visited and really felt comfortable with the team, the girls are awesome and the coaches are amazing."
Is there anything else you would like to share? "I’d like to thank my parents and family for always supporting me and my dad and sister for teaching me to play when I was little. My coaches, Stephanie Hopkins, Jackie Pierce, Liz Falco, Joe Frederick and Guy Corcoran for encouraging me and for being strong, consistent and positive."

Contributed By:
Tom Michaelsen

0 169 more...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Today's Visitors
29 registered members (TM@BOTC, cltlax, lax516, 206_laxdad, yaboijeffy, Powderfinger, hatimd80, MomOf6, LiLaxDad, 2waymiddie, Stickcheck, JohnniesNation, Und1sputedShowcase, CBLaxers, LaxrFanatic, Man_Up, NassauLaxDad516, laxislife, BackCager, BoxLax99, TriStateLaxer, NYLaxDad, MidWestLaxer, TheAdmin, Laxers412, NJ_Laxer, NorthEastLaxer, LIKnightsLax, A1Laxer), 0 guests, and 3,654 spiders.