The CBLaxers.com Elite 88 Showcase & The Igloo Elite 80 Showcase Camp Are Now Open for Registration - Limited Spots!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2025
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,269
Posts349,126
Members2,503
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 9 minutes ago
My daughter played with her a couple of years ago at MC she's skilled and actually was one of the bright spots on that team. I'm pretty sure she plays HS for one of the WCAC schools.
1,696 371,382 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 9 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone listen to the LILJ (long island lacrosse journal) podcast? They had an episode recently where they talked about recruiting and the best LI players in their opinion. They have watched alot of these girls for years and they're pretty spot on in their evaluations. It's a good listen. Basically they were all super high on UNC's 2024 class. Lot of love for YJ 2024 attacker going to UNC and Floyd girl going to Maryland.

Imagine that... being high on girls going to UNC and Maryland.
588 64,563 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 23 minutes ago
CH might have the resources. But the results aren't great.
They lose one player in each of the past 2 years and their season tanks.
No bench development.
It's why they are bringing in one year rentals.
9,481 1,917,149 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2028-7th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 35 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And legacy?

Check tourney app

Legacy is a B team
481 55,898 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 52 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who cares about 8th grade teams when MIAA lacrosse is now about 1 year transfers and out of state boarders?

Because they have a solid nucleus of local talent, they don't need to rely on out of state transfers to fill their rosters. BL has a solid 9th grade already in the school, but they need to supplement. McD didn't even have enough players to field an 8th grade squad last year, so obv. they need to look elsewhere. Not sure why CHC needs to bring in outside talent due to the sheer number of players in their program, but I guess the coach isn't satisfied with the talent of the kids in his program and needs to recruit over them.
CHC recruits so many so that they don’t play elsewhere. They’ll sit on the bench at CHC instead of playing at other schools. He does exactly what the Maryland womens coach does, stack the roster so other schools don’t get the players.

Probably accurate. My son is a 7th grader for a mid-range Elite program. He's a solid player, not starter, but first off the bench and he contributes pretty significantly. He's likely headed to BL. But it's for the ESS program, not lacrosse.

It seems like a couple top MIAA programs will take anyone, whether they expect them to play or not. My feeling is there is considerable pressure to use lacrosse to bolster enrollment numbers at these schools. But it does seem like some programs really are trying to keep kids from going to the competition.

Anecdotally, I'm seeing a lot of his teammates (depending on where they live) looking hard at Spalding (south), JC (north) and StP (Balt Co.). StP especially. So it will be interesting to see how the next few years in the conference shakes out. I expect the Crusaders to be much improved.

I have been saying for years that CHC, LB, BL & StP recruit far more players than will ever see the field. This is done so that they do not attend other schools to be developed into starting players. Not all would make it to the starting role, but for those that do they would have a far better high school sports experience. If you are going to a school for legacy, scholarship or special program etc.. than by all means go to the listed schools. Otherwise if the commute make sense definitely look elsewhere. This is a timely conversation as 8th graders are starting to apply to schools now with decision time looming in February. Parents & players should ask coach's at those 4 schools roughly how many players were on their roster over the last 2 years and approx. how many players on the roster saw the field for any amount of time during an MIAA game. This is just a question. We know they play to win. We know this is not ever going to be about getting all 50 + players in the game. We know not everybody gets a trophy. We know we have to hit the wall more...

Just in time for fall, it's John Carroll dad! The idea that Loyola or Gilman each keep 60+ varsity players just to keep those players away from BL or Calvert Hall (or John Carroll or the public schools) is ridiculous. The fact is that they have adequate coaching and resources to keep huge rosters, and (Loyola's current coaching excluded) the schools generate solid talent that tends to be able to play in college "at some level."

I actually 1000% agree with you that each of the boys, by 8th grade at the latest, should honestly and deeply think about "how important is it for me to play the maximum minutes for my talent level?" If the answer is "It's more important than even academics or academic pipelines" then absolutely they should be looking at a Curley, MSJ, John Carroll etc program (or public school) unless they are on the "national radar" for talent (players should ask a coach....parents are the source of a lot of false pride on whether Little Brayden is elite...and just because a college program follows him on social media, does not mean he's "being recruited" lol).

But if you actually talk to middle school athletes (AAA, above average, ATG, whatever, up to elite), you'll get a surprising range of answers on this question. For some, lax is the 3rd or 4th priority at all. For others, the brotherhood and status of that shiny Calvert Hall helmet is the prize. Still others want to be on the team with their friends, wherever their friends end up. As a parent, stop assuming you/we know the answer to this.

It's interesting that your complaints about kids "commuting to big schools" has evolved into this important point. You're not wrong.
9,481 1,917,149 more...
Sponsored Links
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
15 so far. That is amazing.

Check out the commits and the quality schools the Liberty girls and Legacy girls are committed to! LI is killing it in the recruiting! Great schools, doors were definitely opened by the sport.

So players don’t need to be on the mighty YJ Bee teams if you live on LI. Probably better off being on one of the A teams on those two clubs


What great schools did Liberty girls commit to? Somebody on here keeps pumping them up
588 64,563 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2025 Anonymous 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know you are kidding about on age parents suing leagues/clubs but would there be some validity? Think about it, a club/league knowingly put an older (potentially older, more mature physically) player in a contact sport that could injure a younger player by virtue of his physical maturity. Wrestlers go by weight and so does many youth football teams. This is done to protect the child. Lacrosse is a contact sport and they are blatantly scoffing at this clear and present danger.


This forum is for 2025 so when your son whose a sophomore tries out for his high school lacrosse team this year do you tell your Varsity coach that your son competing against seniors means your Varsity coach is “scoffing at this clear & present danger”?

Even high school has freshman, JV , and Varsity teams that dictate skill level. I think everyone agreed that it should be aged based through 8th grade....with the option for your son to play up if he was talented enough. Every study has shown the advantage an older child has between 5th and 8th grade as boys mature differently. Doesn't it make more sense for the best players to "play up" instead of "playing down"?
198 42,994 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
15 so far. That is amazing.

Check out the commits and the quality schools the Liberty girls and Legacy girls are committed to! LI is killing it in the recruiting! Great schools, doors were definitely opened by the sport.

So players don’t need to be on the mighty YJ Bee teams if you live on LI. Probably better off being on one of the A teams on those two clubs

It's about the player, not the club or where the player is from.
588 64,563 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One of the most accurate posts I ever read on here.
Agreed, hit the nail right on the head. Couldn't have said it better myself.
235 27,748 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
Yes, I heard she is from the midnight team she had been the goalie for them the past 5 of 6 seasons I think. It makes you really wonder why someone who had been there so long left.
1,696 371,382 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2025 Anonymous 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know you are kidding about on age parents suing leagues/clubs but would there be some validity? Think about it, a club/league knowingly put an older (potentially older, more mature physically) player in a contact sport that could injure a younger player by virtue of his physical maturity. Wrestlers go by weight and so does many youth football teams. This is done to protect the child. Lacrosse is a contact sport and they are blatantly scoffing at this clear and present danger.
Posts like this make it impossible for me to defend the sport of lacrosse to my friends who always say it’s a sport for “wussies”. Every football league my son has played in has been 9-10, 11-12etc… Are you trying to say lacrosse has more of an opportunity for physical injury than football. Give me a break

Well said. Thank you for the sanity check.

You sign up your child with the expectation that he will be playing a very specific age group. How would you feel if a child was 14 years old in the 11-12 age group? You don't see why that would give him an advantage? I think most people are in favor of kids playing a defined age group. It has nothing to do with being a "wussie", it is about children playing the sport safely.

As the previous post stated this forum is for 2025 age group. So do you tell your son whose a sophomore in High School that he cannot compete at the Varsity level because its not safe?
198 42,994 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Who's Your Pick for the Pre-Pre-Season HS Boys' Lacrosse Top Ranked Sophomore of the Year (2025 Graduates) on Long Island"

Thoughts on the Top Ranked 10th graders list?
I think they compiled the list by asking 2 club directors who their favorite players are. This list is no way represents the best players on LI, not even close.

The list is a joke.
235 27,748 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls 2028-7th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 vs YJ HEFTON looked intense. What was the score ?

Fey won 9-3
25 4,348 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 2 hours ago
Anyone listen to the LILJ (long island lacrosse journal) podcast? They had an episode recently where they talked about recruiting and the best LI players in their opinion. They have watched alot of these girls for years and they're pretty spot on in their evaluations. It's a good listen. Basically they were all super high on UNC's 2024 class. Lot of love for YJ 2024 attacker going to UNC and Floyd girl going to Maryland.
588 64,563 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2025 Anonymous 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know you are kidding about on age parents suing leagues/clubs but would there be some validity? Think about it, a club/league knowingly put an older (potentially older, more mature physically) player in a contact sport that could injure a younger player by virtue of his physical maturity. Wrestlers go by weight and so does many youth football teams. This is done to protect the child. Lacrosse is a contact sport and they are blatantly scoffing at this clear and present danger.
Posts like this make it impossible for me to defend the sport of lacrosse to my friends who always say it’s a sport for “wussies”. Every football league my son has played in has been 9-10, 11-12etc… Are you trying to say lacrosse has more of an opportunity for physical injury than football. Give me a break

Well said. Thank you for the sanity check.

You sign up your child with the expectation that he will be playing a very specific age group. How would you feel if a child was 14 years old in the 11-12 age group? You don't see why that would give him an advantage? I think most people are in favor of kids playing a defined age group. It has nothing to do with being a "wussie", it is about children playing the sport safely.
198 42,994 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls 2028-7th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 2 hours ago
91 vs YJ HEFTON looked intense. What was the score ?
25 4,348 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 2 hours ago
USA Lacrosse had the results of their "Should athletes be allowed to reclass" poll. Not surprisingly the results were an overwhelming no. I think they will go the way of USA Hockey where kids are placed through birth year not grad year. Of course this will get tricky at High School because of the way lacrosse is recruited, but I'm sure they will figure that out.
62 10,695 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 3 hours ago
English please
9,481 1,917,149 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did Loyola and Calvert Hall play football against to the bottom feeders this weekend?

Another "unfair" football loss for the Dons. Last week it was the 30-36 OT loss to St Mary's.

This week it was 0-40 against MSJ.

Almost time to take their ball and go home...again.
9,481 1,917,149 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
15 so far. That is amazing.

Check out the commits and the quality schools the Liberty girls and Legacy girls are committed to! LI is killing it in the recruiting! Great schools, doors were definitely opened by the sport.

So players don’t need to be on the mighty YJ Bee teams if you live on LI. Probably better off being on one of the A teams on those two clubs
588 64,563 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Severna Park, South River, and Annapolis. These 3 AAco public schools are better then most private schools hands down

Very good programs, but they went 1-4 last year against MIAA - A schools combined. ( and not even the best MIAA schools)

I'd include Howard and Westminster on the list as well.

Catonsville was the only team to go 1-0 against MIAA-A last year.
Life is great in 21228!
9,481 1,917,149 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who cares about 8th grade teams when MIAA lacrosse is now about 1 year transfers and out of state boarders?

Because they have a solid nucleus of local talent, they don't need to rely on out of state transfers to fill their rosters. BL has a solid 9th grade already in the school, but they need to supplement. McD didn't even have enough players to field an 8th grade squad last year, so obv. they need to look elsewhere. Not sure why CHC needs to bring in outside talent due to the sheer number of players in their program, but I guess the coach isn't satisfied with the talent of the kids in his program and needs to recruit over them.
CHC recruits so many so that they don’t play elsewhere. They’ll sit on the bench at CHC instead of playing at other schools. He does exactly what the Maryland womens coach does, stack the roster so other schools don’t get the players.

Probably accurate. My son is a 7th grader for a mid-range Elite program. He's a solid player, not starter, but first off the bench and he contributes pretty significantly. He's likely headed to BL. But it's for the ESS program, not lacrosse.

It seems like a couple top MIAA programs will take anyone, whether they expect them to play or not. My feeling is there is considerable pressure to use lacrosse to bolster enrollment numbers at these schools. But it does seem like some programs really are trying to keep kids from going to the competition.

Anecdotally, I'm seeing a lot of his teammates (depending on where they live) looking hard at Spalding (south), JC (north) and StP (Balt Co.). StP especially. So it will be interesting to see how the next few years in the conference shakes out. I expect the Crusaders to be much improved.

I have been saying for years that CHC, LB, BL & StP recruit far more players than will ever see the field. This is done so that they do not attend other schools to be developed into starting players. Not all would make it to the starting role, but for those that do they would have a far better high school sports experience. If you are going to a school for legacy, scholarship or special program etc.. than by all means go to the listed schools. Otherwise if the commute make sense definitely look elsewhere. This is a timely conversation as 8th graders are starting to apply to schools now with decision time looming in February. Parents & players should ask coach's at those 4 schools roughly how many players were on their roster over the last 2 years and approx. how many players on the roster saw the field for any amount of time during an MIAA game. This is just a question. We know they play to win. We know this is not ever going to be about getting all 50 + players in the game. We know not everybody gets a trophy. We know we have to hit the wall more...
9,481 1,917,149 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 3 hours ago
LSG Fall league looks like Spalding has dropped way off. Put them in the bottom of the league again.
9,481 1,917,149 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Team 91 MD Anonymous 3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If #2 re-classes, he wouldn't be able to play his senior year in the MIAA
In conference games

He would fit in great at CH.

He'd fit in fine anywhere. Not a fan of their dad but Millon #2 is a really talented player. In time I think he will show similar power and much more finesse than big bro the Holdback.

He'd fit in fine at CH because they have a bunch or reclasses.
949 147,713 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2028-7th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Anonymous 3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And legacy?
Boys played hard, we were missing a few players though. We should have beaten freedom, but overall it was a good day

The other 26 kids couldn’t fill their spot?
Come on take it like a man
481 55,898 more...
Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 70 71
Today's Visitors
12 members (1026ME, BiggLax, Anonymous57, TheBackOfTheCage, njlaxx11, cltlax, LILax15, abowden, JimSection1, Celeste, WestCoastConf, lutherlaxguy), 2,355 guests, and 1,474 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4