The 'Pro Women's Lacrosse Clinic' date was changed to Oct. 13th || Last Day to Register for the Shore2Shore K-1 Clinic

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 07:18 PM
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 07:02 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 06:44 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 06:19 PM
Girls 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 05:58 PM
Boys 2023
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 04:56 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,767
Posts255,118
Members2,135
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Anonymous
The White House would applaud the trash talk and unsportsmanlike conduct on here. It's more appropriately the white trash house these days that has set new heights in classlessness.

Yeah. Always nice to be invited though, huh? Same ole same ole. Going on 7 years now. The haters are the losers in life, always criticizing people for having what they think they deserve, but can’t have. Yeah I get it. Pure jealousy. But when adults do it to kids since they were 7 years old, that’s going to a whole different level. Congrats “white trash” Madlax parent.

They were not invited . It was set up . So they are all packing up and going !!! What they do best!!

Not familiar with the term “invite”? Let me give you some examples of sentences with the term “Invite” that you will surely help you to understand. “Invite” two 2023 DCDogs holdback players to play with the 2024 Madlax team of holdbacks. “Invite” 2023 players from the 2023 Madlax team to play in the NLF Amherst games. “Invite” 2023 DC Dog player to be a part of the regular 2024 Madlax holdback squad. Does that help?
170 13,718 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 11:02 PM

When was the last time Hawks beat Madlax? 16 months ago? 7-8 head-to-head matchups ago? Who's the one player that they're dependent upon?

The big FO midi that played for the 2033 DC Dogs until last year. Take that kid away, and Hawks coast to straight wins every game vs Madlax.

When was the last time they (Hawks) beat 91 MD? 3rd grade I think.

The conversation is about the Hawks and Madlax. Understand? Too complicated for you? Repeat: Hawks beat Madlax without their 2023 DC Dogs player. Got it now?

How many 2023’s does Madlax have? I heard as many as three.
103 5,820 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
So amazing how the 91 dads on here post stuff like "CSH roar ,I mean regulators clock probably struck midnight last season " , pathetic . You got beat by CSH roar , a town team . You are a sad , pathetic lost living through your kid and sucking the 91 directors balls . Go choke on the 91 kool aid while making excuses every time you lose a game . Typical 91 lost , the club of dense trash and sour grapes .
283 17,933 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
I always found football players to be more equiped for the rigors of the game of lacrosse. You can tell the Football players from the soccer players in any GB drill.

You can always find them in the penalty box. This isnt football, you want to run full speed from 10 yards away and blast a kid then go play football. Fastest game on two feet with skill and precision stick work. That's lacrosse. You MD guys think you can bully teams all the time

Couldnt take the rigors of football, no problem. Volleyball might be a good second sport for him.

Soccer players tend to use intelligence and have a higher sports IQ whereas football players are going to rely more on athleticism. It's not a tough debate. To each his own. Good teams will have a mix of both types of athletes.

Might be, Recently heard a D1 coach talk about recruiting along with some general lacrosse stuff. He said he gets lots of emails/videos and only reads the first paragraph and maybe watch first 20 seconds of video, His only exception was when he saw they played football in HS too. Then he read and watched much more.
423 15,045 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 09:58 PM
I heard that she going to Janelli.
Saw the dad talking to him.
57 3,840 more...
Sponsored Links
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 09:24 PM
Thanks but the website only lists the teams from last year. 2018. That’s why I asked here.
423 15,045 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 09:16 PM
Thanks but the website only lists the teams from last year. 2018. That’s why I asked here.
423 15,045 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:56 PM
The only "holdbacks" in the Philly area are kids that went to kindergarten a year late without lacrosse in mind. You aren't allowed to reclass in Philly due to eligibility rules. You're just saying this because you are butthurt about losing to one of the Philly teams.

Just curious, what part of the eligibility rules prevents re-classing in Philly, are they capped age-wise in high school like LI?

You can't be older than 19 on June 30th before the start of the academic year. So technically a true summer birthday who is a holdback but also reclassed is age eligible.

However, PIAA rules also say:
Your athletic eligibility extends only until you have reached the end of your fourth consecutive year (8th consecutive semester or the equivalent) beyond the eighth grade. Therefore, if you repeat a grade after eighth, you will be ineligible as a senior.

Additionally, you may participate in (1) a maximum of six seasons in each sport during grades seven through twelve, (2) a maximum of four seasons in each sport during grades nine through twelve, and (3) a maximum of three seasons in each sport during grades seven through nine.

You may participate in only one season in each sport during each school year.

Interesting, but I guess the question, assuming that the birthday part does not create an issue, is repeating a grade. The rule prevents a player from repeating after 8th grade (i.e. a high school grade), but does not seem to disqualify a player who repeats eighth grade or any prior grade, again assuming that the birthday is not an issue. As witnessed over and over, most kids just delay high school for a year by repeating 8th grade.

I think the game is to transition from public to private sometime before 9th grade and repeating whatever grade you finished. PIAA rules limit the number of years you can play, so you would need to sit out games for that second round of 8th grade.
1,439 253,240 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:46 PM
Which 2026 teams are playing in the NAL fall tournament on Nov 9th?

https://www.nalacrosse.com/fall-2018-attending-teams/
423 15,045 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:45 PM
Which 2026 teams are playing in the NAL fall tournament on Nov 9th?

Go look on the site. They are listed.
423 15,045 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:31 PM
I always found football players to be more equiped for the rigors of the game of lacrosse. You can tell the Football players from the soccer players in any GB drill.

You can always find them in the penalty box. This isnt football, you want to run full speed from 10 yards away and blast a kid then go play football. Fastest game on two feet with skill and precision stick work. That's lacrosse. You MD guys think you can bully teams all the time

Couldnt take the rigors of football, no problem. Volleyball might be a good second sport for him.

This is 2026? Kids who play football and lacrosse or lacrosse and almost any other sport are fine. There is not noticeable difference on a lacrosse field between kids who play football and those who choose not to other than when you hear the stunad parent on the sideline giving bad advice because he never played lacrosse.
423 15,045 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:28 PM
I think the point that some are trying to make is: if ND, Florida and Duke are always at (or near) the top with their recruiting classes, then where are the final four appearances? Where are the championships? Why do they consistently fall-short of expectations?

over-hype of recruits, coaching, or both.

Probably a combination but more so the coaching.

Here is a question... If the Lists, IL Player Rankings, UA All-Americans are always off and political then why are the teams that get the highest ranked players always the Top Teams and Top Programs?

Maryland, North Carolina, Northwestern, Syracuse, Florida, Notre Dame, Princeton, Virginia, Boston College, and a few others always seem to get the top ranked players and they always seem to finish in the Top 10 - 20. Where do all of these other teams who have all of the "just as deserving players" finish every year?

If the lists and rankings etc.. are alwaysl wrong, political and a joke wouldn't other programs constantly outperform the perennial top 10 -15 programs?

Congratulations to all of the Young Guns and Freshmen who were recognized by Inside lacrosse. Good Luck to All.
31 1,578 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:21 PM
When was the last time Hawks beat Madlax? 16 months ago? 7-8 head-to-head matchups ago? Who's the one player that they're dependent upon?

The big FO midi that played for the 2033 DC Dogs until last year. Take that kid away, and Hawks coast to straight wins every game vs Madlax.

When was the last time they (Hawks) beat 91 MD? 3rd grade I think.

The conversation is about the Hawks and Madlax. Understand? Too complicated for you? Repeat: Hawks beat Madlax without their 2023 DC Dogs player. Got it now?
103 5,820 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:00 PM

Soccer players tend to use intelligence and have a higher sports IQ whereas football players are going to rely more on athleticism. It's not a tough debate. To each his own. Good teams will have a mix of both types of athletes.
423 15,045 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 07:31 PM

423 15,045 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 07:15 PM
rebels !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
283 17,933 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 07:05 PM
Which teams are going to Battle on the Bay?
103 5,820 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 07:02 PM
The White House would applaud the trash talk and unsportsmanlike conduct on here. It's more appropriately the white trash house these days that has set new heights in classlessness.

Yeah. Always nice to be invited though, huh? Same ole same ole. Going on 7 years now. The haters are the losers in life, always criticizing people for having what they think they deserve, but can’t have. Yeah I get it. Pure jealousy. But when adults do it to kids since they were 7 years old, that’s going to a whole different level. Congrats “white trash” Madlax parent.

They were not invited . It was set up . So they are all packing up and going !!! What they do best!!
170 13,718 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 07:00 PM
please don't get SUNY schools confused with these other schools. I speak firsthand as i trek into the city every AM regretting my decision to go to a SUNY. The SUNYs are great if you want to be an accountant, or go to a grad school... the other prestigious schools are the best path to banking, technology, trading, engineering or entrepreneurship. Plus from a location standpoint... each city is worse than the previous. Albany, Geneseo, Buffalo, Binghamton, Stony Brook.... geez, how depressing

Well said. SUNY is fine but if lax can get you son into a great school that is well recognized, figure out a way to pay for it. There is more than one option to pay for college. Lax is a great sport but why pick your college on your chances of playing in a National Championship? That is a terrible idea. For every D1 starter, there is no less than 10 broken hearts by injury, riding the bench, too much work, mental attitude, etc. College sports is brutal, every recruited player was a star back home.....

please don't get SUNY schools confused with these other schools. I speak firsthand as i trek into the city every AM regretting my decision to go to a SUNY. The SUNYs are great if you want to be an accountant, or go to a grad school... the other prestigious schools are the best path to banking, technology, trading, engineering or entrepreneurship. Plus from a location standpoint... each city is worse than the previous. Albany, Geneseo, Buffalo, Binghamton, Stony Brook.... geez, how depressing

Well said. SUNY is fine but if lax can get you son into a great school that is well recognized, figure out a way to pay for it. There is more than one option to pay for college. Lax is a great sport but why pick your college on your chances of playing in a National Championship? That is a terrible idea. For every D1 starter, there is no less than 10 broken hearts by injury, riding the bench, too much work, mental attitude, etc. College sports is brutal, every recruited player was a star back home.....

Figure out a way? Sure, great, I’ll just figure out a way. Maybe bankrupt my family. Perhaps remortgage the house. Maybe the other two can skip college and do something else so the lacrosse guy can go D1. How silly.

Definitely not silly. Is there anything more important than your child's education? Other than their health, no, IMO. Where there is a will there is a way to pay for college. Should a child run up $100k in loans, of course not.

Personally, I think they should have some skin in the game. $10k loan per year may keep them honest and focused on their school work. After college they can live at home for a year and pay $40k off. Student should also have job at home and in college (athletes most likely have zero time for job at college) .

Rich people on LI can pay for D1, poor people can get a ton of financial aid for a hard working smart student. Middle class/upper middle on LI have it tough. Even there, lifestyle changes can help a lot.

Seems to me, most parents lease 2 cars, big vacations and eat out 3 times a week. Always trying to keep up with the Jones'. Is it that hard to scale back? What about a second job? That's how my father got us through college.

Everyone is in different situations but to say that sacrificing for a respected D1 college for your child is "silly", is plain ignorant.

What is silly is to simplify something into "find a way". For most normal middle-class families that doesn't exist without major sacrifices. if you have more than one child "just finding a way" may not be an option. What lifestyle change are you referring to? Skipping the weekly dinner out? Not buying the needed family car? Maybe the other kids should skip field hockey camp and lacrosse camp? Don't use phrases like finding a way without offering a specific, it's lame and silly.
6,461 1,324,647 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 06:45 PM
Definitely overrated and overhyped recruits of course!c
31 1,578 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 06:31 PM
The only "holdbacks" in the Philly area are kids that went to kindergarten a year late without lacrosse in mind. You aren't allowed to reclass in Philly due to eligibility rules. You're just saying this because you are butthurt about losing to one of the Philly teams.

Just curious, what part of the eligibility rules prevents re-classing in Philly, are they capped age-wise in high school like LI?

You can't be older than 19 on June 30th before the start of the academic year. So technically a true summer birthday who is a holdback but also reclassed is age eligible.

However, PIAA rules also say:
Your athletic eligibility extends only until you have reached the end of your fourth consecutive year (8th consecutive semester or the equivalent) beyond the eighth grade. Therefore, if you repeat a grade after eighth, you will be ineligible as a senior.

Additionally, you may participate in (1) a maximum of six seasons in each sport during grades seven through twelve, (2) a maximum of four seasons in each sport during grades nine through twelve, and (3) a maximum of three seasons in each sport during grades seven through nine.

You may participate in only one season in each sport during each school year.

Interesting, but I guess the question, assuming that the birthday part does not create an issue, is repeating a grade. The rule prevents a player from repeating after 8th grade (i.e. a high school grade), but does not seem to disqualify a player who repeats eighth grade or any prior grade, again assuming that the birthday is not an issue. As witnessed over and over, most kids just delay high school for a year by repeating 8th grade.
1,439 253,240 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 06:23 PM
Yes, but how would this impact private schools. Same rules also apply in MD and VA public schools, however the club teams are mostly private school kids. The public school kids are generally on age.
1,439 253,240 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 05:27 PM
Dominate? I doubt that. Heard they had an influx of talent but also heard the coaches leave a lot to be desired. "Improved" is a better word. Think of it like having a 6 speed car but you cant drive stick. You may as well walk.
283 17,933 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 05:19 PM

170 13,718 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by DolphinLax
The Blazers did not have any 2023 players. You asked the father which team she plays for & he said she plays for a 2023 team. (She is a 2025; 7th grader) Nice try “assuming” she was 2023. If you felt it was wrong you should have said something then to clarify not post misleading information "anonymously". (It was nice meeting you Sunday ;-))

We’re sorry your still searching for excuses. It was a charity event so we didn’t keep score but we’re happy w/ the results. The Blazers did have a 2026 that played the field for the first time ever so thanks for posting that as well.

More importantly is the best goalie in the age group coming back?

Is she bringing OGD (Original Goalie Dad) with her?

All Goalie Dads should be on high alert as your spot is in jeopardy. Hopefully you still have that 22 Lax supplemental tryout email in your inbox.

Respect to DolphinLax for not posting anonymously, give my regards to Mrs. DolphinLax

DolphinLax can't give your regards. You posted Anonymously. Duh.

Hope your daughter is smarter than you. Doubtful.

Sadly she’s pretty dopey, but luckily she’ll get a full ride.

She’s does however having working knowledge of the concept of sarcasm, which apparently is lost on many.
57 3,840 more...
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 44 45
Today's Visitors
28 registered members (A1Laxer, cltlax, Bearded_Kaos, 365Lax, NJ_Laxer, MidWestLaxer, CBLaxers, Annoy., laxer1, TM@BOTC, Laxers412, BackCager, Man_Up, Stickcheck, 2waymiddie, LiLaxDad, LaxrFanatic, NassauLaxDad516, laxislife, Laxr22, DolphinLax, hatimd80, BOTC_EVENTS, gordon984, LaxDad19, TriStateLaxer, BoxLax99, TheBackOfTheCage), 4,772 guests, and 802 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod