Members2,103
Most Online6,140
Jun 13th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
BOTC MAIN FORUM
2 hours ago
Did anyone see if the Turtles came out of their shells this past weekend????
Was there a pissed off BG after every loss???
1,246 128,863 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seen all these teams play the past couple of months. From MD to LI. No one is beating this Wolfpack team. You can trash me and I'm a MD guy. The teams in our area shoot it out against each other. Great games back and forth and the match-ups are great. But I have watched this Wolfpack dismantle teams over a whole game. You might get the jump on them at first, but they simply wear teams down. Their first lines across the board are ridiculously talented and there is very little drop off from there. Their secret in my view is they are very unselfish lacrosse players. I watched their attack make the extra pass when there didn't look like there was one there, The middies are work horses and the defense and goalie play very in tune with each other. Not a LI fan but this Lax team is legit. Bash all you want and that fine, but credit is due where its due.

I hear ya, and I can promise you I am not a Madlax parent. They (Madlax) haven't lost in a solid year and a half, and this year they picked up two offensive players that are significantly more impactful than #24 has been in the past. This team is much, much different than years past. They have 30 players and the competition they see in MD, DC and VA every weekend is definitely stronger than Express and Legacy.

WP rarely plays Express and Legacy. Having said that, they played Express once this year, and beat them 7-1. Could have been far, far worse. Played Legacy this past weekend, and it looked like WP was playing a very bad B team. The score could have been 20 to nothing, had WP wanted to go that route. WP usually plays the 2023 AA bracket, since few 2024 teams can give them a game. That's where they spend most of their time.
Their only loss of the year, was to an AA 2023 team, which is a top top AA 2023 team. WP came within an inch of winning the game in OT. Played the Hawks, and again, it wasn't a competitive game at all. Madlax just squeaked by the Hawks by 2 goals. Pack plays Hawks, and it's not anything close to a game. All the evidence points to WP beating Madlax by a significant margin. They are on a whole different level this year.
624 45,647 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
3 hours ago
I don’t have to look up your friends. Your friends are already all over the Gram. Just making sure you’re not posting anything out of line Honey! Good night! Love, Mom
109 10,097 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
3 hours ago
[quote=Anonymous]Pat Oneill was BY FAR the best LSM in Suffolk this year....Giuliani is a great player but Oneil was on another planet

What is wrong with you? Why would you call attention to a player? Good player but really? why would you put such a statement out there? Lots of great players out there. What caused you to post that? J@#$ Meanyquote]

You sound like the guy yelling ar Ron Burgundy, after he told San Diego to go F them selfs.

Ha Ha... : ) Just do not like anyone putting a target on a kids back. Too many A holes out there looking to knock kids or tear them down or try to pick them apart. I just do not like players being named for good or for bad. All good.
6,259 1,257,374 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
3 hours ago
Agree m&d and Hero's will continue to win and show well. I believe they are both dealing with injuries to key players, so this speaks to their overall depth. Skywalkers is good, but is not quite there yet.
109 10,097 more...
Sponsored Links
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
3 hours ago
Feels like most of the M&D teams are falling a bit more each season. The coaching is not there for the money.
163 16,083 more...
TRYOUTS
3 hours ago
0 22 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
3 hours ago
Which team is better on Long Island? Express AA or 91 AA. And if the answer is Express, take away their face off kid and who wins? Pros and cons of each team? I am trying to decide which team would be best for my son. Honest answers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
863 66,560 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
4 hours ago
Madlax was already good and they picked up a bunch of new kids. They picked up two attack that are #19 good. Two mids that are #24 good. And they completely overhauled their defense. They are a completely different team than last year. Most of the kids that started last year are subs this year. I know WP is good too. Guess we will have to wait until NLF to see who is better.
624 45,647 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
I’m thinking the Long Island attackmen shouldn’t have made the team because his dad is coaching. Lol. Yours son is better I’m sure.

whole point is to represent your region/area. Now we have players going to other areas just to make teams. This along with the actual process of tryouts is starting to give UA a bad reputation. Many are questioning the UA games .

Should be region based teams and complete unbiased tryouts.. I am a dreamer, never happen i know
1,799 282,955 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 09:53 PM
I’m thinking the Long Island attackmen shouldn’t have made the team because his dad is coaching. Lol. Yours son is better I’m sure.
1,799 282,955 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 09:50 PM
All optional...you failed to mention that. And most play hockey, football and soccer so it's not really an option.
863 66,560 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
Looking at the UA rosters you can clearly see daddy ball had a big influence on the command and uncommitted teams. If corrigan sports wants to continue with the UA hype they better wise up. People are starting to see all the BS favoritisms that come with the tryouts.

Just because the player may have a dad that is more involved than you doesn’t mean the player is not worthy. I would venture to say that a coaches kid outclasses yours at the minimum with the IQ of the game.
1,799 282,955 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 09:47 PM
Can you give an example of why you think preds are better than 2way? The one team that beat both preds and 2way was sweetlax N.Y. the preds were doubled up and 2 way lost by a goal.

203 Preds remains much stronger than 2Way. Would like to see Eclipse play Preds.
2,663 638,925 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 09:43 PM
Spalding’s Phipps coaching the UA command team wonder how many Hawks make the team?

Shocking! It’s almost as if the line up is pre determined before try outs occur.

Unless your coach is connected and “encourages” you to try out, just assume you will not make it and you are just dontating to the events organizers.

The HC is the Koopers coach, The evaluators are all from local well known clubs. Unless you're 6-2 and run a 4.6 forty, you can forget about beating out the "anointed" ones (club team members, friends and family). One or two kids from a public school will be selected to make the process look fair. Everyone else on this team has been pre-selected by the cartel. If the two star freshmen attackmen from the spring go out for this team, look for it to run through the Command Division.

There was a pole from St, Paul's that fit the above description and another big kid from Crabs on attack who played the entire call back game and shockingly neither made the final team. It is what it is, but at the end of the day these boys are still being seen by coaches and the who's who in Baltimore.
714 66,088 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 09:18 PM
Someone should put together a tournament for our local teams.
Express NorthPearsall, Brameier, Primetime, Eclipse, Preds, Preds B, 2-Way, 91TS, Pride, Swash, CT Wolves, can invite 2nd teams too.
2,663 638,925 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 09:05 PM
This coming from the team that was in a Brawl the game before. Hahahaha . Stay Classy Mammas Boy
1,246 128,863 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 09:02 PM
Would be very curious to see what would happen if Laxachusetts, practiced from September to July as a team, then played a full slate of fall tournaments, followed by a dozen games in a spring league (like HOCO), then played the summer circuit, versus picking the roster 3 weeks before the June 1, practicing 3 times together then playing and BEATING the Hawks like LXC did last July in MD. My guess is the Hawks wouldn't stand a chance. Maybe you didn't know that the team was put together weeks before the summer with 3 practices though...not having played a single game prior to the summer tournament schedule. But they encourage 11 years olds to be multi sport athletes and most on the team excel at an elite level, in one or two other sports. That's the reality, my friend.

Most kids playing this level lacrosse at this age are multi sport athletes. Maybe not all on the travel level, but most play 2-3 sports.
863 66,560 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:53 PM
Seen all these teams play the past couple of months. From MD to LI. No one is beating this Wolfpack team. You can trash me and I'm a MD guy. The teams in our area shoot it out against each other. Great games back and forth and the match-ups are great. But I have watched this Wolfpack dismantle teams over a whole game. You might get the jump on them at first, but they simply wear teams down. Their first lines across the board are ridiculously talented and there is very little drop off from there. Their secret in my view is they are very unselfish lacrosse players. I watched their attack make the extra pass when there didn't look like there was one there, The middies are work horses and the defense and goalie play very in tune with each other. Not a LI fan but this Lax team is legit. Bash all you want and that fine, but credit is due where its due.

I hear ya, and I can promise you I am not a Madlax parent. They (Madlax) haven't lost in a solid year and a half, and this year they picked up two offensive players that are significantly more impactful than #24 has been in the past. This team is much, much different than years past. They have 30 players and the competition they see in MD, DC and VA every weekend is definitely stronger than Express and Legacy.

I am sorry but I don't see how on age teams can really consistently beat a team like Madlax. Size difference is just too much especially with 2 to 4 games on a Sunday to win the tournament and they are good lax players. I am not bashing holdback's either I get it, but it is just reality a year is a huge difference especially in a 13 or 14 year old. Testosterone the older kids going to be faster and stronger it is just reality. In high school evens out once everyone has hit puberty.
624 45,647 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:50 PM
Question for the group (especially those with knowledge of the Maryland (Hawks), Massachusetts (Laxachusetts) and Philly/PA area (Tigers XXVI) : How far is your geographic circle of kids on the team? On LI, most kids who play for Express, Team 91, Igloo, Legacy, etc. are located within a 20-30 minute car ride radius (yes, there are a couple of outliers, but most do not travel more than that to their home field practice location). With so many teams competing for the same talent pool in the same geographic area, LI teams are diluting the talent. Also, there are some great town programs (like Garden City, etc.) who encourage their players to not play club lacrosse and do a great job keeping top talent within their own town travel teams.

Does Laxachussetts Black get kids from all over Mass? Is it the Greater Boston Area (and how big is that)? Are their multiple Laxachusetts teams (Western, Eastern, North, South, Rhode Island), that all feed into a summer Elite team. Same with Hawks? Are they pulling from a large geographic talent pool by themselves? I know there are plenty of teams within the Howarrd County (HoCO) region, but do they just get the best of the best?

We are also starting to see teams like Dukes National, True Illinois, Sweetlax that are pulling in kids on a statewide (or even out of state) basis to play in tournaments. That is an extremely wide talent pool area to pull from LI just has too many teams and it is supply/demand. Forget about age, cutoff dates, holdbacks... each LI club is out there to make money and have as many kids on their A, B, C teams. LI needs a way to figure out a way to consolidate talent. Don't know how. But again, was just wondering if people can elaborate on how it is done in the other areas mentioned above.
863 66,560 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:45 PM
Would be very curious to see what would happen if Laxachusetts, practiced from September to July as a team, then played a full slate of fall tournaments, followed by a dozen games in a spring league (like HOCO), then played the summer circuit, versus picking the roster 3 weeks before the June 1, practicing 3 times together then playing and BEATING the Hawks like LXC did last July in MD. My guess is the Hawks wouldn't stand a chance. Maybe you didn't know that the team was put together weeks before the summer with 3 practices though...not having played a single game prior to the summer tournament schedule. But they encourage 11 years olds to be multi sport athletes and most on the team excel at an elite level, in one or two other sports. That's the reality, my friend.

Amen to that ! Most of the very best lax players are also studs in football or soccer, and are not burnt out by the time they reach HS.
But I will gladly let the one sport "wonder boys" do what they do best, wilt under pressure when they get older.

My son plays football, and Basketball, as well as Hawks. Nice try though.
863 66,560 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:43 PM
How was summer genesis for everyone?

Why is Legacy in the A bracket?

They weren't. You aren't in A bracket unless you are with Skywalkers, M&D and YJ. Legacy was in the second bracket.

Liberty did better than Legacy this weekend?

Maybe, but steve is working hard for our girls, can they say the same?

Crickets!

Has Legacy even won a game this season?

Crickets
Your director has written this team off. Heard him telling the Brown coach (shockingly within earshot of people) that this team is nothing like his 2020 team, no one that he could whole heartedly recommend to her, but he has some good girls at 2022 that she should look at, on the sideline of one of their games. What does that say about how hard he is working for that team.
88 9,555 more...
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:37 PM

624 45,647 more...
PENNSYLVANIA MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:26 PM
If you're going to have widely varying quality of teams in pool play, an organizer has got to have a better method of picking which teams advance to the bracket than just pool winners.

Or just be sure to win your pool. Best two teams made the finals, can't really argue with the semi final teams either.

BL lost by one goal to hawks last weekend who just beat crabs. Crabs demolished VLC are you still gonna say the 4 best made semis. Awful playoff seeding they need to create equal pools atleast.

You realize how silly your logic is when BL lost to the team you are saying was weak
1,382 231,723 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM
Yesterday at 08:26 PM
Seriously???? Stop making excusing for both you and your son, take some accountability and call it a day. I can only imagine your conversation with your wife. Bet it goes something like this....Honey, could you only imagine if I went to college.....those other guys/gals couldn't boss me around.....Honey, could you only image if I didn't eat so many candy bars...I might not be so fat....Honey, cold you only image if...….you get my drift......you're the type of person always blaming someone/something else besides your own actions. How many times have you blamed the refs, field conditions or weather? That being said, many of parents from LXC were very respectful and called the game as they see it...you on the other hand, not so much.......
863 66,560 more...
Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 84 85
Today's Visitors
14 registered members (BOTC_EVENTS, TM@BOTC, 1026ME, Annoy., laxnovice, clubhopper, cltlax, MomOf6, Buckeyelax, Laxboy17, hatimd80, Colts21, laxislife, thavngr98), 4,862 guests, and 769 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod