Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 11 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don’t forgot that CH lost arguably the best player in the MIAA for the season... 4yr starter going to UVA

I think the league is in a great position with parity this season.. it makes almost every game exciting..

With regard to covid, just strap a fan to your forehead to blow it away.

Yes double holdback and injuries are part of the game. Btw BL lost their best player also
4,666 738,256 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 13 minutes ago
For the amount of work it takes to put it all together. Hire people for events,venues for all rounds etc. Not a huge money maker. Think about it. Would you coordinate all this for the amount you may clear? It’s a nice idea. It only gets insane due to parents. My kid could care less if we didn’t go. It’s more important to the programs than the kids playing. Ask your kid how much they talk lacrosse with their friends or listen when you’re driving them and their friends to or from practice/ tournaments. It’s not the am all end all.
I still think the event is a great idea. Just don’t obsess about it.
1,997 133,999 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 20 minutes ago
Don’t forgot that CH lost arguably the best player in the MIAA for the season... 4yr starter going to UVA

I think the league is in a great position with parity this season.. it makes almost every game exciting..

With regard to covid, just strap a fan to your forehead to blow it away.
4,666 738,256 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 20 minutes ago
"So true. Average lacrosse with little to no fire."

Have you watched the games in this league this year?!
Not sure what you're watching.
I've stopped by BL and St M's and It's been some excellent lacrosse. Very talented kids, exciting games, and some fantastic coaching schemes.
4,666 738,256 more...
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 22 minutes ago
I was told they are moving the tryout dates to the following week.

this would be great. I hope they do this
618 33,323 more...
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 28 minutes ago
Maybe the parents this affects, should reach out to the UA event organizer to complain about tryout date? Who is the event organizer?

You should complete to AS not UA... UA has been around longer they get priority over these new tryouts
Maybe the parents this affects, should reach out to the UA event organizer to complain about tryout date? Who is the event organizer?

You should complete to AS not UA... UA has been around longer they get priority over these new tryouts

The UA tryouts are same day as US Nationals (not AS). They definitely can’t change Nationals. The AS thing is the two events clashing dates. But, then that’s a choice the kid/family needs to make if they make any of them????
618 33,323 more...
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 31 minutes ago
Agreed.
4,272 275,610 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 31 minutes ago
Hey- the reason to private bash is because they are full of strivers. My neighbor (public school grad) couldn’t get her kid into the schools his siblings attend (!) so she sent him to another catholic school that is full of city kids running away from city publics. Well that school is closing this year (because they sub tuition too much) and she can’t bear to send her kid to the top rated blue ribbon elementary full of kids from Hopkins parents just because she can’t stomach to tell everyone her kid goes public. While the private are full of people that are nothing to brag about. First gen private school kids- their parents are a pain!
4,666 738,256 more...
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous 33 minutes ago
Anyone know how the Westchester players did at Nike Nationals up in Albany ?

Unfortunately, no way to know until rosters came out bc I believe some of the top kids could not make it bc of prep school and inability to leave but I am speculating.
2,869 884,728 more...
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 34 minutes ago

Why would you complain Karen? Life is about priorities. Stop acting like a victim and do what you decide is best after weighing the pros and cons. Don’t worry about how your choice affects anyone else. Nobody will miss your daughter if she’s not there...everyone is replaceable.

Why would you complain Karen? Life is about priorities. Stop acting like a victim and do what you decide is best after weighing the pros and cons. Don’t worry about how your choice affects anyone else. Nobody will miss your daughter if she’s not there...everyone is replaceable.

You probably like it the way it is, so your little Susie has a chance making UA this year .... feathers getting ruffled a bit when talk of try out date change ... hmmm
618 33,323 more...
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 37 minutes ago
After BBL pulled off a huge 5-4 victory against the mighty TRW, they survive to Day 2 in which they get throttled by the Tigers and Madlax but have another monster win against all star True PA team to clinch their WS birth. Incredible performances and well “earned” in every way proving to the lacrosse world that only the best “earn” their spot.

But BBL got the job done and earned their birth as did Jersey Express. Both are the pride of NJ! TM lost and are accepting participation trophies, if my kid played for them wouldn't let him participate in shame.
1,997 133,999 more...
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 38 minutes ago

Shut the heck up Ken! It’s not about them missing my daughter ....but my daughter missing her team when she gets cut for being a selfish brat!! Probably like your little Susie is!! Hope your daughter not on my daughters team! If so, hope she goes to UA over team event and gets cut!!!!
618 33,323 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous 39 minutes ago
Don’t forget that these 60 kid rosters are full of recruits who are on the team as squads , not starters. Sourced it straight from the horses. One coach told me that they recruited a girl just so her team would not have to play against her.
7,583 1,841,585 more...
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 45 minutes ago
WSYL announces the 7 North Qualifier advancing teams:
Long Island Express
Sweetlax Upstate
Primetime
Team 91 Long Island
FCA Upstate
Eclipse Nightmares
2Way Lacrosse

https://worldseriesofyouthlacrosse.com/qualifiers/north-regional-qualifier/
4,272 275,610 more...
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 50 minutes ago
WSYL announces 13U Advancing Teams

The World Series of Youth Lacrosse is proud to congratulate Long Island Express, Sweetlax Upstate, Primetime, Team 91 Long Island, FCA Upstate, Eclipse Nightmares and 2Way Lacrosse for advancing to play in the World Series of Youth Lacrosse Championship! Long Island Express was able to walk away undefeated with the qualifier championship in hand. We would also like to thank Legacy Eels, Long Island Lacrosse Club, Roar Lacrosse, Shore 2 Shore Raiders, Orange Crush, Igloo DireWolves and Predators Lacrosse for coming out and putting on a show, there was great competition all around!

https://worldseriesofyouthlacrosse.com/qualifiers/north-regional-qualifier/
1,997 133,999 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous 52 minutes ago
So true. This is depressing.
7,583 1,841,585 more...
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 52 minutes ago

618 33,323 more...
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 54 minutes ago
I was told they are moving the tryout dates to the following week.
618 33,323 more...
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season Anonymous 56 minutes ago
The Big 10 is playnig...

Only among themselves so other teams are not facing Northwestern, Maryland, Penn State, Hopkins, etc...
933 55,123 more...
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 1 hour ago

618 33,323 more...
Re: Girls 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
Coppermine on 05/08 definitely and if Heros Green has a chance then Crush also has a chance but would have to make playoff to face MD United... "any given day"
33 1,535 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 1 hour ago
Given this year's parity, I truly believe coaching will be the deciding factor. Which staff has the leadership and Xs and Os ability to win the SHIP?
In a year of parity, which team will avoid imploding after a loss or two.

More like mediocrity over parity. Maybe CH will get it together.

CH loses one game to a good STM team and now the league is mediocrity ? Really Spalding is finally playing well in the league also. Championship is a navy now. There is a new era in the miaa and the blue blood Baltimore types detest it........

There are more wannabe blue bloods than real blue bloods nowadays.
Most of the loudmouth are the ones who went to public school themselves and bashed privates growing up.
Now they are sending their kids to privates for the first time and stroking that check for education makes them think it entitles them to be a fool.

The league is awesome. All of these programs place kids and develop them. But there are definitely differences and nuances to how they do it.
Each school is very different. But the lax is all good. To each their own
4,666 738,256 more...
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 1 hour ago
[quote=Anonymous]

So true. Average lacrosse with little to no fire. This covid garbage has really messed with every aspect of society. Kids dont get sick, we have vaccines, and yet teams are told they cant play when 1 or 2 kids get it. Most of the Mid Atlantic still isn't playing. Every parent and grandparent has had the chance to get a shot, but we are limiting fans and still need to sit 6 feet (or sometimes 3 feet?? apart. Sad Sad Sad.

This is no longer the case. With new variants of COVID-19 being seen across the country that are more contagious and deadlier we are seeing many kids in our ERs who are extremely sick. COVID-19 is not going anywhere anytime soon unfortunately and until we had the majority of the population vaccinated we must continue to take necessary precautions to keep everyone safe.
I bet you watch CNN too. Stay in your home with your mask on and continue to drive your car with your mask on. It’s the flu, vaccines are out, go get one. LET THE KIDS PLAY AND LET THE SPECTATORS WATCH!!
4,666 738,256 more...
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Anonymous 1 hour ago
I'm not concerned at all. My sons team didn't need outside assistance to get through the qualifier that the towermen did not get through. Thank you tower mom.
I see both sides..but she has a point about the 24 teams and the loot.

Ain’t that much loot - $225k - after the helmets and paying for Joe Beninati basically left a with some coins and some lint in their pockets.

50 Helmets? They probably donate them. Joe B probably doesnt cost a ton in July for a day
1,997 133,999 more...
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
M&D played most of the fall without key players, including my daughter. They are all back now. Expect us to beat BLC this week. And it wont be close.
Direct quote from before the BLC game. But now they lost because half the team was out? 🤣
Priceless
106 6,703 more...
Page 1 of 141 1 2 3 140 141
Today's Visitors
15 members (JesLax1, JimSection1, Jlbemom4, laxlurker, BiggLax, HammerOfJustice, JMLax1, TheBackOfTheCage, 1026ME, Hercules, JohnWick, cltlax, Laxluva, TM@BOTC, clax422), 2,882 guests, and 699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod