BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,820
Posts392,224
Members2,611
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We played True in HOCO and Beach lax and their roster appeared to be the same in both. Care to elaborate? Seems like a decent group of coaches kids parents

That's because they can't. As a True NOVA parent of a 29 Black player and been with the program since 2020, I basically know all the kids and parents on the teams above and below my kids team (at least at the Black level) and there wasn't any roster violations - maybe he was thinking of True Baltimore (they were also at Beach Lax). Our 29 team did add a new goalie for the summer season because we only had one and he was a 2030 (playing up) and this new kid will take over next year.

I feel really bad for you guys, though, less bad, since you seem to have a coach with some actual principles. Stick with him (coach) - especially when True gets rid of him. I'd follow an honorable coach from AAA to AA ball (or whatever) rather than.......you'll see here.

A Real quick list for those playing along at home, covering some known shenanigans from the 2023-2028 grad classes in recent years (and last weekend). This is not a controversial take.

2028 True Baltimore Black goalie played for both Black and Green teams at Beach lax. Black also added a rostered goalie from 91 for the event (no issue, totally legal...but really....for A league summer lax?). Playing on two teams is one of the only listed possible roster violation types at Beach Lax. So, there's not a lot of non-violation explanations for it. Everybody in HoCo A-AA-AAA knows the kid. By name. Great goalie, great kid. Roster violation.

There were two other 2028 violations from another True team, but it was beyond confusing. Two giant kids running around who only knew each others names (and not other players), and scored beaucoups goals. And their teammates from their other True team came to cheer them on, and didn't know what team their buddies were playing on at the moment. And the parents on the sideline didn't know the names of the hot shots, but just kind of smiled along. Again everybody was really nice, but I'm 97.3% sure this wasn't a legit rostering.

A few other sprinkles....HARDLY comprehensive..... from recent history, with True Maryland teams alone (my sons have played across Hoco A, AA, and AAA in 2025, 2028, and 2029 classes so we have not seen every True team at every event or league):

True Maryland (entire club, or whoever was there) was disqualified from a Cedar Lane (Harf Co) tournament in 2019, on the spot, for various roster violations across multiple teams. Had to pack up the tents and leave after event staff literally found a kid hiding in a tent, under a table while trying to verify a roster and "#22" was MIA. Maybe an Aloha event? Only vaguely remember which teams and who ran the event. Ironically, one of my first "modern" tournaments as a parent and I was like, holy cow, is this how it is every weekend? Answer: kinda, yes it is.

2028 True Baltimore repeatedly (2021-2022) used their 2027 goalie who was rostered at the same events and at Hoco...at the same park...at the same day...playing for both teams!!!!....it stopped after video was sent to Hoco league. I believe True called it an "oversight" and no forfeits were issued. Saw the 2027 on the 2028 sideline at a tourney but can't verify that he played......

2028 True Baltimore was found to have 5 roster violations (all starters) in a Hoco playoff game in 2021 (one version of the story says 9 players...but...). Players were forced to leave the field with their gear. Their first loss of the season I believe....and not close. Of course the club's response was that it was Hoco's fault that True didn't roster them. They were gonna get to the bottom of it!!!!! Didn't hear much followup from that one.

2028 True Chesapeake disintegrated in 2023 after two straight years of flying in (some rostered, some NOT) out of state True National team kids. All that, to try to get 1-2 wins in Elite and defend the team's "growth." Team folded, players went to Hawks and Clippers. Search the 2028 BOTC board for page upon page upon page of that drama. They'd fly kids in for a game with 91 (hoping to win), and then not fly them in vs Hawks (no chance to win, regardless). Again, almost opposite of the B League Ballers, those True Chesapeake players are at a high level and half or more might be on track to have an opportunity to play beyond HS. How are they helped (with their $3K club fees) in that quest if a FOGO from True IL is flown in for half of games? Even better was the completely public (also searchable on the 2028 board) absolutely BONKERS email from the True Ches head coach, blaming the team's dramatic (June/July) implosion on "parents' impossible expectations" and "prima dona players." Email was like 4 paragraphs long!!! Gosh we all love accountability except when we're the ones who have to take it!

Do a quick search of True's history on this topic, nationwide, and make up your own mind....see if you see any trends in the stories from TX to Minnesota to OH to PA to MD. If you're on the road, go visit the guys at ECD, Gait, Universal Lax, ULAX, Low Lax, or Lax Unlimited and strike up a conversation about True programs. Most of those guys at those stores played through HS Varsity (and MIAA) and also coach at a reasonably high level. See what they say. They're qualified to speak on it.

But yeah..... 100% glad that it's not your coach and your team. I love that for your sons. Hold tight to that situation 100%, and monitor it closely!!!!

Nauseating post.
2,738 617,725 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
NAL is excited to announce the dates for this year’s Summer Youth Invitational during the weekend of June 8th and 9th, 2024 at Kirkwood Soccer Complex and Chase Field House for teams in the graduating class of 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032 and 2033.

For the graduating Class of 2028, age verification is not required but USA Lacrosse Membership is required to participate in the event. Players are only allowed to participate on one team throughout the course of the event and no waivers will be granted to players outside of the 15 month birth window.

These are the official rules from the NAL "Summer Youth Invitational"

So if you are playing for the 2028 but are a 2027 grad year but your birthday is within that 15 month window you are fine to play down. If your a 2027 and are out of that 15 month window you cant play down. So a freshman in high School could play for the 8th grade team if his birthday is within that 15 month window as stated above. Follow the rules correct? What are you supposed to follow if not the official rules on the website? If everyone doesn't like it the NAL and NLF should change the rules.

Says "for the graduating class of 2028" right? If you are 2027 grad class, regardless of birthday, you are not eligible and not "fine to play down". 2028 class AND in the 15 month birth window are the rules. Nice try, cheater.
10,876 2,264,509 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 1 hour ago
Aside from the express disaster and venom, top quality teams? What is this legacy rush merger looking like? Can't field 2 AA teams...so one is AA and one is A? Where do rebels fall into this? What about S2S?

Heard that the Legacy/Rush merger is just for 1 AA team.
Legacy will still have a second team and so will Rush. There will not be 2 AA teams
822 177,731 more...
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 1 hour ago
[quote=Anonymous]Or you could try out for another program's A team that isn't just a money grab.

I would like my kid to have great playing time and good development at this point. I heard from multiple parents that TG 2030 coach was mean and belittling. I wasn't a fan of Igloo's constant IG posts to fan the kids FOMO and using the kids as marketing tools. Legacy seems a bit too far for us. Don't think my kid would make Jesters A and seems like they don't ever care about their B teams. Where else can I try?
Or you could try out for another program's A team that isn't just a money grab.

Too far? Where are you located?
210 53,554 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous 1 hour ago
Two State Championship games back to back with totally different personnel versus Massapequa being a whipping boy two straight years. Your program is @ChillLaxin, your town is @ChillLaxin and the fact that 91 is going to take over is a joke. Shut up, sit down and take another year of beatings you piece of garbage.
10,978 4,372,721 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 1 hour ago
What did the Legacy parents do this time? Lolol
I’ve had a few experiences w them…
308 78,582 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 1 hour ago
Venom
Express
S2S
Legrush
Surge
Igloo
BTB
Rebels
822 177,731 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous 2 hours ago
Why would they leave if they were a top 25?
3,463 1,107,552 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 3 hours ago
NAL is excited to announce the dates for this year’s Summer Youth Invitational during the weekend of June 8th and 9th, 2024 at Kirkwood Soccer Complex and Chase Field House for teams in the graduating class of 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032 and 2033.

For the graduating Class of 2028, age verification is not required but USA Lacrosse Membership is required to participate in the event. Players are only allowed to participate on one team throughout the course of the event and no waivers will be granted to players outside of the 15 month birth window.

These are the official rules from the NAL "Summer Youth Invitational"

So if you are playing for the 2028 but are a 2027 grad year but your birthday is within that 15 month window you are fine to play down. If your a 2027 and are out of that 15 month window you cant play down. So a freshman in high School could play for the 8th grade team if his birthday is within that 15 month window as stated above. Follow the rules correct? What are you supposed to follow if not the official rules on the website? If everyone doesn't like it the NAL and NLF should change the rules.
10,876 2,264,509 more...
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 3 hours ago
I thought cry baby rebel parents would make the excuse that their best player only played first half of first game vs make up lies about valor playing kids from 31 team. Either post the video/name the players or stop crying bc you lost fairly

We'll all be waiting a long time. There is no video of it because it didn't happen.
444 88,817 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous 3 hours ago
say what you want about Farmingdale but our varsity team didn't get taken over by 91 .....

Your varsity team couldn’t beat the JV of Wantagh, GC, Set or SS. And the parents are garbage.

Keep posting on an anonymous thread about it if it makes you feel better. Insecure laxer.
10,978 4,372,721 more...
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 3 hours ago
How are the GC rams

They are ok, good kids play on travel teams which is about a little under half. Whenever they play in travel tourneys there is conflict if their club teams play at another tournament. That's why you don't see 'Set play but in that case all of their kids play on travel teams.
640 153,306 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 4 hours ago
I know '29 and below is age verification but when are 2028+ kids who plan to PG allowed to play with their recruiting class v their grade?
10,876 2,264,509 more...
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous 4 hours ago
say what you want about Farmingdale but our varsity team didn't get taken over by 91 .....

It was overtaken by FLG a few years back. How did that turn out?
10,978 4,372,721 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 4 hours ago
Aside from the express disaster and venom, top quality teams? What is this legacy rush merger looking like? Can't field 2 AA teams...so one is AA and one is A? Where do rebels fall into this? What about S2S?
822 177,731 more...
Since we are on the subject of holdbacks and reclasses and cheating and bending the rules, I have a question.
Has there ever been a reclass parent to come on here and admit it. Just curious if anyone ever talked about their reclass journey and the decision making process. Probably too painful to talk about I assume.

“Yea I reclassed my kid back because I knew it would make him look better. He was just not at that top tier and the only way I could get him there was to make him play against younger kids. I knew I would be able to justify it by saying that you play against older kids in high school.”

Something like that? Wanna make BOTC history? Any takers?

From my experience with fellow MIAA parents - 90% will flatly DENY it until their son makes varsity in 10th grade and suddenly it looks like an amazing judgment on their part. Then quickly they become very comfortable and confident with the fact and will openly volunteer it, as part of their "my son's on varsity" victory tour. There's 2028 parents who frequent this board who have had their sons remove "birthday posts" on IG because suddenly Lil Braydenn was 15 in Feb 2024. Look at the quality of players doing the WSYL (or equivalent) last year. The games looked like Hoco AAA ball (which, oddly, is still some of the best lax being played in the country at the MS age). But it's not FCA Blue vs Crabs vs LE vs 91LI. That's for sure.

My older son played on a high level team in PA during HS and it was clear that the top 6-8 players in 9th grade (on the team) either hit puberty at age 9, or were holdbacks. Turns out it was technically neither - they were "late start" kids in PA, which is allowed. Kind of like the Country version of Pre-First. But those parents in 9th grade would look you in the eye and tell you their son was "on age for his class" or "not a holdback, we don't do that." Then as about the top 4-5 kids blossomed into solid D-1 recruits in the summer after 10th grade, they were like, "Oh yeah we made the call, it was very strategic on our part because we knew he should athletic potential very early." Sure, Jan.

My continuing issues with holdbacks, as the parent of 2 on-age players, are - #1 play by the rules. Holdbacks, even 2X holdbacks, DO play by the rules (sort of), this "pre-holdback playing down" does NOT play by the rules. #2 own it. Own that you did something to get an advantage, rather than spending your time defending how "it's no big advantage, get over it, by 9th grade we all have to play older kids." If there was no big advantage you wouldn't do it...annual tuition at every MIAA school has increased by $5-10K in the past 5 years. That's just the markup!!!! We all have and make levels of privilege in our lives. Own that you held back your MIAA son. Own that you intentionally bought a house in the best school district in a 15 mile radius. Those things generate advantages for our kids (arguably one of our major jobs as parents) and it's the most juvenile thing ever, to pretend your kid just showed up, a year older, at a private school by chance, or that your kids randomly walked into the best public high schools in America in MoCo in September. If this was all random and not engineered by parents, school enrollment in Baltimore City and PG County wouldn't be rapidly declining, with enrollment in other counties (and private schools) increasing.
EXCELLENT response.
Own it, holdbacks.
10,876 2,264,509 more...
Their goalie finished his freshman year at Rumson Fair Heaven and was a starter on varsity- a very talented young man
10,876 2,264,509 more...
Since we are on the subject of holdbacks and reclasses and cheating and bending the rules, I have a question.
Has there ever been a reclass parent to come on here and admit it. Just curious if anyone ever talked about their reclass journey and the decision making process. Probably too painful to talk about I assume.

“Yea I reclassed my kid back because I knew it would make him look better. He was just not at that top tier and the only way I could get him there was to make him play against younger kids. I knew I would be able to justify it by saying that you play against older kids in high school.”

From my experience with fellow MIAA parents - 90% will flatly DENY it until their son makes varsity in 10th grade and suddenly it looks like an amazing judgment on their part. Then quickly they become very comfortable and confident with the fact and will openly volunteer it, as part of their "my son's on varsity" victory tour. There's 2028 parents who frequent this board who have had their sons remove "birthday posts" on IG because suddenly Lil Braydenn was 15 in Feb 2024. Look at the quality of players doing the WSYL (or equivalent) last year. The games looked like Hoco AAA ball (which, oddly, is still some of the best lax being played in the country at the MS age). But it's not FCA Blue vs Crabs vs LE vs 91LI. That's for sure.

My older son played on a high level team in PA during HS and it was clear that the top 6-8 players in 9th grade (on the team) either hit puberty at age 9, or were holdbacks. Turns out it was technically neither - they were "late start" kids in PA, which is allowed. Kind of like the Country version of Pre-First. But those parents in 9th grade would look you in the eye and tell you their son was "on age for his class" or "not a holdback, we don't do that." Then as about the top 4-5 kids blossomed into solid D-1 recruits in the summer after 10th grade, they were like, "Oh yeah we made the call, it was very strategic on our part because we knew he should athletic potential very early." Sure, Jan.

My continuing issues with holdbacks, as the parent of 2 on-age players, are - #1 play by the rules. Holdbacks, even 2X holdbacks, DO play by the rules (sort of), this "pre-holdback playing down" does NOT play by the rules. #2 own it. Own that you did something to get an advantage, rather than spending your time defending how "it's no big advantage, get over it, by 9th grade we all have to play older kids." If there was no big advantage you wouldn't do it...annual tuition at every MIAA school has increased by $5-10K in the past 5 years. That's just the markup!!!! We all have and make levels of privilege in our lives. Own that you held back your MIAA son. Own that you intentionally bought a house in the best school district in a 15 mile radius. Those things generate advantages for our kids (arguably one of our major jobs as parents) and it's the most juvenile thing ever, to pretend your kid just showed up, a year older, at a private school by chance, or that your kids randomly walked into the best public high schools in America in MoCo in September. If this was all random and not engineered by parents, school enrollment in Baltimore City and PG County wouldn't be rapidly declining, with enrollment in other counties (and private schools) increasing.

Thank you so much for that well thought out and insightful response to my request. And you understood my point. They never ever admit it. It’s so sad. Just own it.
10,876 2,264,509 more...
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous 4 hours ago
Someone please explain to me why a AA team is playing in a A bracket this weekend?

Mesa Elite was a top 25 team last year, started 1-6 against great teams in fall now entered a A bracket
For legends tournament? There is a AA bracket. They will beat up on B teams. They should be at prime time or great 8 this weekend.

All of Mesa’s top players from last year left and went to other clubs. This current Mesa team is completely different from last year.
3,463 1,107,552 more...
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 4 hours ago
Goalie is one of the best at 2026. He would be the best if he was able to get his act together off the field and get far away from Tank Top Tommy.
10,704 2,374,210 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 5 hours ago

10,876 2,264,509 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 5 hours ago
rush/legacy has merged for the 2025 class (legrush) , so it makes sense if it happens to this class too. It might help make it easier for the parents to make a move and find another team where their son will see the field.
822 177,731 more...
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 6 hours ago
I thought cry baby rebel parents would make the excuse that their best player only played first half of first game vs make up lies about valor playing kids from 31 team. Either post the video/name the players or stop crying bc you lost fairly
444 88,817 more...
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 6 hours ago
91 would be perfect. Decent team, tons of practices, really cares about the kids, team isn’t huge.

91, igloo, legacy all really good environments
210 53,554 more...
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous 7 hours ago
Haverford travel (mesa) 2027 team entering B bracket tourney. Seriously these are high school coaches. What are you doing. Go to NAL like previously posted!
3,463 1,107,552 more...
Page 1 of 110 1 2 3 109 110
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
10 members (Anonymous 1, JimSection1, BiggLax, Heartlax26, Thirdy@BOTC, abowden, cltlax, Devildog, LILax15, LILAXDAD2023), 6,889 guests, and 2,904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod