Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard the Manhasset parents were so over the top this year with yelling at the refs (Manhasset never committs any infractions evidently) and even with parents on other teams and sometimes between Manhasset parents. What a pressure cooker. My guess is that they were expecting a state championship starting the minute last season ended because of an overrated attack that can only produce against wallflower opponents. And now they can't seem to process what everybody else had already known. I would have loved to have been at Hofstra just to see the meltdown of the Manhasset parent faces during the last 10 minutes. Delicious.

not very nice or fair of you to be so seemingly jealous of a team with a very grand winning tradition.

Not from that town but i know many of the players and parents. they are very supportive of the game and are just frustrated. that team is loaded with top level D1 talent. clearly the formula is missing an ingredient or the chef needs remediation; but dont attack players or parents or town. There is no need for that

D1 "recruits" that can't get it done in high school. Hmmm...maybe not as "D1" talented as they need to be. Sorry, not buying it. When you look at the list of failures to produce in big spots against better competition, those supposed D1 kids consistently failed to show up. Nothing wrong with the system or coach, the kids just didn't put the big numbers up against the better teams when Cherry needed them to. If they couldn't do it against GC, will be interesting to see if they can do it against Duke, Virginia et. al.

In all honesty if your going to blame the kids, Can you explain what this "system" is?

The same "system" that has resulted in multiple state championships or state final appearances over the past 7 or 8 years. Cherry just didn't have the horses this year. He's working with self centered overhyped kids who have been told how wonderful they are their whole lives and during the meaningless summer circuit but have no real results to back it up. There was no real leadership or toughness on this team - it was all talk by the players and parents before the season even began they were talking smack about a state title - only because Victor had moved up to A. But, when a team like GC or Darien stepped up and punched these over hyped little bullies in the mouth, they fell apart as quickly as I've ever seen. Even if they had gotten by GC, they would have never survived gritty teams like SWR, Yorktown or any tough blue collar team from upstate. Oh well, at least they have their graduation gift beemers waiting for them in the school parking lot.