Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

You can only play 10 players at a time. So while hopefully your best players are upperclassmen the rest sit on the sidelines. How is that good for development. Game experience rather than bench experience is a bit more important. Coaches bring up underclassmen to Varsity because mommy and daddy complain and are flabbergasted at the fact that their son is on JV. These parents say things like" he plays for this travel team and I pay this much for training. He should be on Varsity " So coaches bring them up and they ride the pine. That's really a good way to develop talent.

Stupid is as stupid posts and this was a typical stupid post - lets start with PW where they bought up an 8th grade goalie who started for 5 years and was a big part of them being competitive. Most of the better programs will have 9th and 10th graders contributing to the varsity teams and those are the kids who become the stars and leaders in 11th and 12th grade - the ignorance is the thought process that if you are not brought up by 10th grade you wouldn't be a starter or contributor as an 11th or 12th grader and that is just not the case - every school has 12th grade first year starters. At the end of the day the best players play regardless of grade.

Since you are a child I will make it easy for you. There are exceptions and the goalie you mention is just that. He has been an anchor for the team since 8th grade. That was because there was not a goalie in 9th-12th. He needed to be rushed up. There were no other options.Goalie and faceoff are two specialty positions and skill sets. You can't just put an attackman or a middy in net. Port had no other option. They were very lucky that he was as good as he was. What dont you understand there was noooooo other goalie.

If a program is strong it has enough players in each class that are good and should start. Again that's the norm. Of course teams bring up players even underclassme yet unless an exceptional player they ride the pine during games and are scout team practice players. Please explain to me why my other post was so stupid. We have a difference of opinion. I would love to hear you in a board meeting and if someone disagrees with you you call them stupid. Ohh and why the hard on for Port?