They have 3 tryouts a year. In spring for all the 8th grade and below kids. Then a Summer tryout and a Fall tryout at the same time as the other clubs. These two other tryout dates give the kids a chance to change clubs after a bad spring/summer or fall season with another club. It also allows the parents who are not locked into the travel lacrosse scene to tryout in the spring or summer. This would be the common sense time to tryout for a outdoor spring/summer sport. But to be honest it helps the parent/kid who is never happy with the club they are on a chance to change teams 3 times a year. But what I will promise you and I know some will argue but they do move and add or subtract kids from the top team at each of these tryouts. Madlax will always take the best players for the top teams. All travel sports have politics and I have seen first hand many sports and other travel lacrosse programs and Madlax by far does the best with taking the best and not who they like or who the kids parent is. I have seen them put a child of a stud former All-American player on the second team.