Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thats my point there should and needs to be 2 teams in NOVA playing at the AA level. There is 22 boys spread out on those 7 other teams and on Madlaxs blue teams that could and should have a place for a AA team. I agree there is a place and need for B travel teams Maryland has tons. But its going to be hard for a club team to be at the AA level with it being tied to a NVYLL club. I guess in a prefect world there would be a Freedomlax, Cavs, Battlelax, Fuze all star team. There is a soild AA team if you could cherry pick the best off of each for one team. You would think if these clubs Pres. wanted whats best for there kids they would work something like this out.

Well, this is sort of what BRYC has done, although they are not really a NOVA-wide lacrosse program. And Blackwolf should be added in at the HS level. Next Level and Performance have credible programs too in Bethesda.

I think one of the reasons families come back to Madlax after trying these other programs is that they perceive that player evaluation is based strictly on the merits, which is definitely not always the case at some of these other NOVA programs. So if my son got cut from the program next year, he would be bummed, but understand that it was based soley on his performance relative to the other kids trying out.

BRYC is definitely NOT AA team. 3d, who bought Fuze, will fill the void in the Western suburbs, Madlax will continue to dominate Fairfax and in (with a few MD kids, not many). VLC is being left out in the cold. It's already happening. VLC will drop youth teams. They embarrass the King Crab