Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son's HS team played in the Madlax tournament on Sunday and I talked to a guy from outside the area whose son played in the Showcase on Saturday and on a Showcase team in the Sunday team tournament.

He said Madlax is a complete scam. Said there were no coaches at the games except the ones paid to give a short speech. Competition consisted of a few really good players and mostly average to bad ones. Again, no coaches were watching their games.

On Sunday, he was one one of the 4 free agent teams made of up kids who were at the Saturday event. Those teams went 0-12 against DMV HS teams. The website says those Madlax free agent teams were outscored 153-15.

He said he paid $400 plus airfare, hotel and food. He was not happy.

Well once again please give a better option when you talk crap about something. If you could not get in the Philly showcase this weekend where else would you be at. There was coaches watching I saw them all. They said 35 or so on Sat this is true i counted close to that. As for sunday they did not want to have 4 showcase teams but the Hun school dropped out last week which made 2 slots open. So they wanted the top 44 they had to take 88 from Sat. to fill the slots for Sunday. So blame Hun school for dropping out of a tournament 4 days or so before it happens.

Who is talking crap? Those things happened and those kids got a pretty awful experience. My son's team played one of them and it was the worst collection of kids I've seen in a long time.

Do you get paid every time you run here to defend this club? How can you defend four teams getting killed like that? If they were going to go from 2 to 4, they should at least refund the Sunday fees. And if one HS dropped out, doesn't that mean there were going to be 3 teams originally?

I do not get paid but when you say things bad about something they do without giving a better option it gets on my nerves. And everyone who signed up for sunday new what they where getting into. The teams where there for everyone to see. Small town kids and public school kids got to see first hand what that level of ball looked like. Did they get killed yes they did but they will go back to work knowing what top level lacrosse looks like. I bet those kids will think about those 3 games when they think they practices hard enough or worked out hard enough to play in college. And once again this was a Fall showcase tournament not summer.

Why would it "get on your nerves" if someone pointed out that those kids had a crappy experience?

Not all of those kids came from non-hotbed areas. Some play against great competition with their club or HS teams. Some live in the DMV. I'm sure none of them were happy with their experience, which wasn't what was advertised.

I can agree if you where a soph to sr. and on a showcase team it must of been a really hard day for you. But when i looking over the coahces shoulder and read their notebooks I did not see them write down a single score of a game. They are looking at it play by play. Kid by kid. So if you are winning by 20 and walk after a ground ball you still look bad. And if you are losing by 20 and you bust your butt and run 100 miles a hour through a ground ball you will look great. The coaches are not dumb they can see talent if its there no matter the score or who your teamates are. You just have to be in front of them to be seen. Also looking at the clubs the kids in the showcase play for. These kids would be locked out of any play day with the top local clubs. So when you save 500$ playing for a low A or B club you will be stuck paying the 250$ to be seen at more showcases. Pay the club to be on the team or pay the showcase guy to play in his showcase. And you are going to say I saw Madlax kids all over the list. And you are correct but 90% for from the state teams not the Capital teams.