Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is wrong with having a B team. If the kids want it and the parents can afford it where is the harm? I am the parent of a very strong AA player and two weaker B level players. It is what it is and we are not all created equal. There should be avenues for all players. Kids should still be able to enjoy the game without being groomed to be D1 players. I am not a Madlax parent!

You are right - there is nothing wrong with being a B level player, especially if the kid just wants to have fun and has not expectations of playing at a higher level.

I think the point is that Madlax has chosen to split their B team into two, which sounds like it benefits the bottom line more than the players. It depends a lot on the age of the kid, too. If a kid is in HS and wants to be recruited, playing on a B team is a bad idea. As a youth, he might be better served playing on an different A team that has better players or plays better competition.

When it comes to the bottom line Madlax is not a 501C they are for profit we all know this. So all of there teams being good and playing in the best places make them more money also. So I think they have been doing this long enough to maybe pull off these extra teams. No one answer my question about the amount of talent in the area to handle 3 Madlax teams. I would say there is. But everyone is lazy and does no research and just listen to there local coach whos son got cut from Madlax some years ago. I am willing to bet Madlax has cut more kids in the last 10 years then any other club. So that equals a lot of mad dads and moms out there.