Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son played on Sunday in the East Coast tournament at Landon with his school. I saw a small handful of college coaches present, but not at every game, and no more than 6 at any game. Contrast this with the NXT Boys Philly Showcase the day before that my son attended: Wall-to-wall coaches--often head coaches--lined up on the sidelines from most top D1 programs and many top D3 programs. There is no comparison in terms of exposure and NXT runs a very well-organized tournament.

Well this is very interesting. t=This Sunday event at Landon could not of had better high school Lacrosse teams all in one place. And the coaches were their but not in masses. But a showcase with individual players playing in a showcase format had wall to wall coaches. What does this tell us about the college coaches and the way they look for and find players? I say this tells us they really do care less about if your son is a team player. They want to see him showoff and display his size,speed and stick skills. They must know that in a team format a player could look better then he really is. And most coaches are cocky and think they can make any kid into a smart/team player. Does this information tell us picking the best club team is more important or less. Because this is a showcase the best players got invited because they played for the better clubs or the game tape they sent impressed? Would love to know others thoughts on this topic.

If you think coaches don't care how guys play in a team setting, you really are delusional.

The Madlax event had several very excellent teams in attendance, but it pales in comparison to the NHSLS. Half the teams at the Madlax event on Sunday got pummeled and were not competitive.

We stopped by on Sunday to see a son's friend play at Landon. It was not packed. Besides the assistant college coaches who were paid to coach teams, there were very few coaches watching.

Bad weekend as all the coaches were up in Philly. And we heard there were even fewer coaches on Sunday.

Well please tell me why the coaches chose to attend a showcase format event and not attend a top tier team high school event?
You can say the NHSLS was better but this Madlax event had to be the 2nd best high school team event of the fall hands down. So why did the coaches not show up to this event in high numbers? What conclusion should I take from this?

I'd say most of the top D1 coaches were at the Philly event. No joke, it was packed, especially for the all star games with ~100+ coaches lining both side lines. NXT announced that over 150 coaches were at the Philly event. NXT will publish a list of coaches. Take a look at the rosters from the Landon showcase events, filled mostly with B level players and many of the Madlax 2020 players who were probably forced to participate because its a Madlax event. Too bad for them, they really missed out by not going to Philly.