Originally Posted by Anonymous
You parents are getting too involved in this. Step back, find a good fit club team and let your kid have fun. Remember, in the end: 'after college', it's about the friends theymade ' not you' and getting a well paying job, so the kids can hopefully have their kids involved in lax.

I am a dad of 3 boys and 1 girl.

True. My parents drove me there and back, cheered me on and took me and my mates for ice cream at Dairy Queen on the way home and that was about it. I thought about college when I was reminded to start thinking of a list spring of junior year from the school college guidance counselor along with everyone else in my class. Recruiting for my sport happened fall of senior year and there wasn't a point in trying to make that happen any sooner. I feel bad for these kids because of their parents. If you are heavily invested in your kid getting a college placement as a 8th to 10th grader, that is just sad and takes most of the joy out of it. I was on three ACC championship teams and made All-America, so it didn't go badly. I have no idea where those ACC plaques are but I do have the phone and other contact data for over 60 ex-college teammates who to this day are my best and most reliable friends. BTW those plaques don't help at job interviews or on grad school applications. Calm down and let your kids be kids, and if you aren't seeing your kids being kids having fun, intervene and do something about that. I don't care if my sons play college lacrosse or should you. If their lasting memory of a childhood game was winning a recruiting war and then sitting on a college bench for a few years or playing for a few years without having a lot of fun along the way, they will come to resent that and resent the people they blame for it which will start with you.