Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you played again this weekend with a hard 9/1 cutoff, think how differently the college coaches perspective's might be. In 2019 for instance, instead of Edge v Madlax in the final (both with 2018 player playing in the game), the college coaches might have been watching Patriot v Alcatraz Outlaws and a player on one of those teams might have gotten a verbal from UVA this week. If one of the goals of traveling to a tournament like this is to get in front of the coaches, why make the effort only to get blow out by a team one year older and not advance to the part of the tournament where the coaches will see you? You can stay in New Jersey and California and do that. Those poor kids that made the effort to get to Baltimore and were never seen by college coaches must feel like suckers. The club coaches should tell the tournament organizers to clean up their act or skip the tournaments alltogether and tell their players to spend their money going to college camps and showcase events.

I wrote the post above that you are responding to and I completely agree with you! We should play on age, 9/1 cutoff is good, and rules should be play up, never down. My son meets the criteria. However, this was a Crabs tournament, Crabs self-serving schedules and rules, so kids play down. Edge sent their entire team down. Madlax adjusted, and beat them playing their game, their way.

Effect on my son is that he's playing up! Hopefully the college coaches noticed his birthdate as well as his performance.