Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to 2019 mad lax....they are the team to beat in that year group.

Serious question: what is going to happen now in northern va club lax?

Madlax could barely support one AA team per year group this year, but they seem to be expanding to have a MD AA team and a VA AA team. Will this work? What will this do to the other nova clubs like freedom and VLC? 2020's and 2021's seem pretty weak to me in northern va. Does the market expand quite a bit around the 7th and 8th grade years? No one seems to offer very good value in Va as far as youth clubs...mad lax is very pricey, VLC not committed to the youth at all, Cavs play in really crappy tourneys. Other clubs seem a little fleeting. Why?

I agree with 90 to 95 % of this post. I am hoping as a Madlax dad that with the new VA club the prices come down some. And at the least the practices and off season leagues are going to be more local. In VA it should not be that hard for them to maintain what they have if you look at each roster it only has 3 to 5 MD kids on it at the most. A down side of being around for so long is that Madlax has cut more kids over the years then all these clubs combined. So when you cut a kid you lose his 2 younger brothers because dad is mad. All these smaller clubs where formed by dads of kids that where cut from Madlax.