Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree that the owner would answer the question honestly when asked and probably does not let the fee influence his recommendation.

Two problems with the pay for advocacy option are 1) the false hope for people who have no business trying to play at the college level and 2) perception that those players have a leg up. Most of the self-advocacy information is available online and free now.

What is surprising right now is that given the success of the 2019 class, why aren't more 'elite players' staying with the club at the younger ages?

Because the people who disagree or hate Madlax are pushing hard and doing a good job of bashing/pointing out negatives about Madlax. Also the next question is where are the young talent going? VLC,3D, Cavs, or others. There is a push to play for the club that is close to you or the one working with your NVYLL club. Or the travel team that is working with your public or private high school team. And this is what does hurt Madlax because they do take the best players from each tryout. So parents are smart why pay Madlax prices when my kid is young if he is good enough Madlax has proven they will take your son when he hits 8th grade 8th grade when it starts to count. So I would say to the young sons parents, you can play for these other clubs when they are young but when they hit the older ages be smart and tryout for any or all of the big three teams. Madlax,VLC Blackwolf. These other clubs should be smart and not hold back there best 2 to 4 players and push them at 8th grade to move up to one of these three its whats best for them.