Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax also has 2 dads who coach their own sons. Something you see in rec, not clubs. Not exactly what people are paying 2x for.

The other Dad is a dad he has a decent resume but this is a little negative. But he is coaching a younger team that is not in the recruiting world yet. If he is still the coach when they hit the 8th/9th grade time frame your point will be very valid.

When this was pointed out last year that the dad took over the team, you said it was likely a temporary solution and you would be disappointed if it carried over to the following season. Now that it has, you are backtracking and now changing the terms to 2-3 years from now.

The issue is not his qualifications. He is more qualified than most of the Madlax coaches, who are guys a couple years out of college. The issue is a dad coaching his own son. That is not good for anyone.

I've seen him and his staff coaching his son's rec team. He and his assistants (presumably all dads) are abusive and obnoxious to everyone.

Well this is a real point. If true. I have a older son so I do not know his personality in detail. But I do know that lots of coaches do not come off in a good light when viewed from the sidelines. But when you talk to the parents/kids who play for these coaches they tell you he is a great guy and the kids love playing for them. Point being unless you have real complaints from kids who played or play for this coach your point will not carry weight. But you are correct I am not 100% happy that Madlax has a Dad coaching his son. But I will not kill them for it unless I hear he is playing his son over better kids. I will bet my house that the owner will never play one of his sons over a kid that is a better player. Anyone who knows him knows that he is about winning and would bench his own kid or kids any day to win a ball game.