Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well said --I think that sums it up nicely.

I'm not sure what was summed up, other than that the father of three shouldn't have been given a whistle.

So lets list things that happen when a Dad is the coach or lest say things that will never happen.
1. The Dad/coaches kid never will be cut no matter if he is the 24th best player on the team.
2. The Dads kid will never be forgotten in a close game and get no playing time.
3. The Dads kid will be given way to much freedom to be a fool, or will be called out unfairly to make a point to the other players and the kid will hate playing.
4. The Dads kid will have private information about his teammates because he will over hear or read something.
This is just 4 examples I thought of in 3 mins. I am sure there is more. And if you go back and read what I said I said a great Coach/Dad will always revert back to Dad when the S*** hits the fan. Like when its time to cut or not cut his kid. Or when his kid is fighting with a teammate. Or when the game is in overtime and he needs to put his sons butt on the line to make a play. His judgement will always be clouded by one of th players being his son. And if you are parent you should be able to understand that. Also I stated that if the coaches kid is a stud the Dad can be the coach more successfully. But if the kid is avg. to not good. It is nearly impossible to be pulled off well.

Once again, I said qualified coach and you keep describing someone who is not a qualified coach. A qualified coach is among other things, a person who puts the well being of the team ahead of any single team member including his child. The person you keep describing is not what I am talking about. There is a difference between daddy ball and having father's coach. I have benched my sons when others were better than them and yes I have cut my son, it was a quiet drive home, but it was the right thing to do. In your words that makes me a bad Dad, but I think just the opposite, showing him that he had to earn his spot and role was a lesson that a father had to teach his son. As I said it can be done if the coach is qualified.