Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son's HS team played in the Madlax tournament on Sunday and I talked to a guy from outside the area whose son played in the Showcase on Saturday and on a Showcase team in the Sunday team tournament.

He said Madlax is a complete scam. Said there were no coaches at the games except the ones paid to give a short speech. Competition consisted of a few really good players and mostly average to bad ones. Again, no coaches were watching their games.

On Sunday, he was one one of the 4 free agent teams made of up kids who were at the Saturday event. Those teams went 0-12 against DMV HS teams. The website says those Madlax free agent teams were outscored 153-15.

He said he paid $400 plus airfare, hotel and food. He was not happy.

Well once again please give a better option when you talk crap about something. If you could not get in the Philly showcase this weekend where else would you be at. There was coaches watching I saw them all. They said 35 or so on Sat this is true i counted close to that. As for sunday they did not want to have 4 showcase teams but the Hun school dropped out last week which made 2 slots open. So they wanted the top 44 they had to take 88 from Sat. to fill the slots for Sunday. So blame Hun school for dropping out of a tournament 4 days or so before it happens.

Who is talking crap? Those things happened and those kids got a pretty awful experience. My son's team played one of them and it was the worst collection of kids I've seen in a long time.

Do you get paid every time you run here to defend this club? How can you defend four teams getting killed like that? If they were going to go from 2 to 4, they should at least refund the Sunday fees. And if one HS dropped out, doesn't that mean there were going to be 3 teams originally?

Hun was bring two teams