Originally Posted by Anonymous
And there is another on the 2019 Madlax National Team who was 2018 all year and will continue into 10th grade in public school this fall (class of 2018) but has "reclassified" to 2019 for Club purposes by saying he will do a PG year.

If true, that is clearly a violation of the rules and Madlax should have their tournament wins vacated.

Are you insane? Wins vacated? Make a 30 on 3o about it. Call it "the lost T shirt"

This happens all over country. Tournaments, parents and most importantly college coaches, don't care. 17 year old college freshman or 20 year old college freshman! Doesn't matter to them!

As a parent of a 2019 player in the tournament, I definitely care that another program had a 2018 player playing for them. That is blatantly cheating. You are condoning having a 2018 player on a 2019 team during a tournament?

No. I think it is wrong and absolutely cheating. Unfortunately it is what goes on. Clubs are encouraging it. Flat out telling you to do it. Would never let my son do it, but if you look to "vacate" every win of every team you play who has a reclass, holdback or future PG kid, you will spend years being frustrated and wasting time and energy on something that will not change.

Having a kid who reclassed is one thing. Have a kid who is still in a grade above a team of kids is another. That is ridiculous.