Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lots of Cavs there too who are tired of playing in the B tourneys....nice showing at VLC.

Don't Cavs and VLC play in same Division in NYPLL league.

VLC has way better high school teams with a history of being good. and being part of the Crabs does not hurt either.

How does that help them

I should have phrased this question better, how has being a part of BLC helped VLC, does VLC have bigger numbers since merger, is there financial support from BLC. Do these mergers help or does thge owner of smaller club just get a payday for his email database. I would assume since Rob is still involved that the BLC-VLC merger was not simply a handshake and a check in the mail. I really am curious as to what the difference before BLC and post BLC

BLC pre-Crabs was very different. post BLC, the VLC has weakened at the youth level. Let's not waste any time with this: if VLC continued as-is with the founder / prior owner, they'd have wiped out Madlax. The parents, particularly the youth age parents, experienced quite a shock when King Crab the Overlord showed up. After a year of never getting a question answered or an email returned, I could see the only two times a VLC parent will hear from McClernan is when he's asking for money or berating people for having a question. Once a youth team had a game at Cedar Park. The part McClernan didn't communicate on the website was WHICH Cedar Park. Parents drove to the wrong part of Maryland and needed to race over to make a game with no warm up. At least one mom was threatened her kid would be kicked out and he'd send a refund after she emailed him to suggest improving the way things get communicated. VLC's youth teams have gone backwards and a good many Fairfax County parents and families like ours just don't see the way Ryan McClernan does business to be a good thing for us or our families. This is how BW survived after being down. This is how Madlax was able to recover and get a stranglehold on the top youth players in NOVA. Freedom did fail and fold, but remember why it started to begin with. A large volume of parents, some VLC coaches and kids just got fed up and left. If your son is not one of 3-4 players in a grade VLC is interested in selling to colleges, it's a bad fit for anyone. Who needs a fat slob berating us. I am a 50 year old man with a doctorate, not a puppet. I didn't let McClernand treat our family like garbage, or should anyone else. There is plenty of alternatives for kids who want to play.