Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is Langley still a PVI coach? He was criticized for that a few years ago when Loudon Co parents made an issue of him being biased to advocate the PVI kids ahead of the others. Not sure if that was the case, but it did lead to some rumbling. If VLC and Langley are less attached to the PVI program it would be a good thing.

I haven't heard that story. His reputation is pretty high. I have heard that there is a PVI coach who runs 3d and there is pressure at PVI to play for 3d. That might not be true, though, since it doesn't seem that many PVI kids are playing for 3d.

Completely untrue. Why would you even post something like that if you weren't sure? Couldn't be further from the truth.

Because our friends plaa and PVI and told me that the assistant is always pushing 3d on the kids. It doesn't seem to be working because PVI's top kids are playing for VLC, Madlax and Blackwolf.

Yes, Langley and Brooks both coach at PVI. My son plays on the VLC 2020 team, and the team is pretty diverse, with kids from Loudoun Public Schools, Fairfax area Public Schools, Arlington Public Schools, and a sprinkling of private. Langley has never pushed PVI kids ahead that I've seen, and he's also never pushed PVI on us - he and Buller are fantastic coaches, and there's nowhere I'd rather have my son play, to be honest. I also know Brooks, and he's never pushed 3D on my son, other than asking if he wanted to tryout or if he's sticking with VLC.