Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son played on Sunday in the East Coast tournament at Landon with his school. I saw a small handful of college coaches present, but not at every game, and no more than 6 at any game. Contrast this with the NXT Boys Philly Showcase the day before that my son attended: Wall-to-wall coaches--often head coaches--lined up on the sidelines from most top D1 programs and many top D3 programs. There is no comparison in terms of exposure and NXT runs a very well-organized tournament.

Well this is very interesting. t=This Sunday event at Landon could not of had better high school Lacrosse teams all in one place. And the coaches were their but not in masses. But a showcase with individual players playing in a showcase format had wall to wall coaches. What does this tell us about the college coaches and the way they look for and find players? I say this tells us they really do care less about if your son is a team player. They want to see him showoff and display his size,speed and stick skills. They must know that in a team format a player could look better then he really is. And most coaches are cocky and think they can make any kid into a smart/team player. Does this information tell us picking the best club team is more important or less. Because this is a showcase the best players got invited because they played for the better clubs or the game tape they sent impressed? Would love to know others thoughts on this topic.