Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The "blowhard" actually makes a couple good points, but sounds more like a HS player who doesn't actually pay for any of this. Madlax is much higher quality than 3D no question. The cost point is valid in that the quality and value is there....however if I just want one coke, it would be wasteful to pay for the whole case and get all these cokes at a value.....especially if I have to travel and pay for hotels and stuff in order to drink them.

The following poster makes a good point too....lax is still at the point where $ buys your way up the ladder. There is little financial incentive to pursue this game and that's where it needs to change in order to get to the level other sports are at....I think it will happen as the sport grows more nationwide. I'm not sure
why kids pursue the lesser clubs but they do....would definitely the legit clubs help if the fly by night start ups would go away and stop trickling talent away.

I have to disagree with 3d being a lesser quality club. My son has played for both clubs, and when it comes to quality of coaching, recruiting advocacy, and opportunities to play on a real national team (not a modified version of the capital team), 3d wins hands down. Furthermore, there are opportunities to play with other 3d teams, several of which can easily hang with (if not beat) the best madlax teams. Madlax plays better tournaments and in general has more depth.

Ok this is going to be fun can you point out a time in the last 12 months that a local 3D team has beaten a Madlax Orange team. And can you tell me how many local 3D players have played on the National 3D team? I am sure you have some players but 3D is a distant 4th place in the NOVA rankings.