Originally Posted by Madlax Dad
I like how you broke down everything I wrote nice work with that. Well as for the cuddling, My understanding is the kid left the program because he was not being told he was great and prefect at all times. I know its hard to tell from the email but Coach does not call the players names and tell them they are bad people. What he does do is point out the faults as they do them. He gets to the point very quickly and clearly. This is how All-Star "futrue All Americans" should be treated. They are told they are great and prefect everywhere they go. And you can see in Pro sports what kids that are told they are great and can do no wrong turn into. I agree in a "Rec" team where kids are not all "egual/ future stars" You have to coach a certain way. I agree Coach lost control in this case and I am sure he agrees he did also. I can tell you as a whole the parents are not going anywhere that are in the program. As for new parents coming to Madlax thats where the club could be hurt.
The steal word was for effect, lets say they cond him out of the money is that better. If they took the $650 and need that money then they really really owe him for getting there kid into that school. If they took the $650 and didnt need the money because they can afford a 35k school thats stealing in my eyes. I am not very smart but I can see how people who do not know the team well and the coach well this looks very very bad. And this story gives people a place to complain threw this story about all the bad coaches they have had over there lives. I can tell you that all the kids at Madlax are safe and everyone can sleep tonight knowing that they are safe and sound.

1. That is not why the kid left the program. But even if that were the case, these families are not slaves. If they choose to leave, they should not have to endure such vitriolic dribble that sounds like it was written by a 13 year old.

2. You are incorrect. There are a lot of families who are bolting for other programs because of this email.

3. Your attempt to defend this email is sad. Are you aware that similar emails/threats were lobbed at other Madlax parents who left the program for other clubs? This is not an isolated incident.

4. Whatever scholarship money was granted to this family is none of our business. As for Landon, how do you know they aren't getting financial assistance for that school as well (as many students there do receive support)?

5. I agree you are not very smart.

6. If you are happy being part of a program that threatens anyone who leaves, that's your call. Many Madlax families are disgusted and embarrassed.