Originally Posted by Anonymous
LOL. Madlax makes their teams play in 5+ tournaments a summer. Complete waste of money and time.

This post cracks me up. Check the website each team plays 4 tournaments. Check the dates of the tournaments some are one day style this might be confusing you. And I have never heard a elite lacrosse kid say " dad we play in way to many lacrosse tournaments"

Because you haven't been around the block and/or are in love with the owner.

Everyone knows that 2-3 tournaments is fine for everyone. It allows kids to play in showcases and prospect days, or play with their HS teams a couple of times.

If you think that 5 isn't way too much, I can't help you.

So please help me out here the kids playing in a couple showcases and with there high school teams please explain how this does not add up to the same amount of Lacrosse field time. Also please tell me how you save money with 3 tournaments and 2 or more showcase compared to 4 or 5 tournaments. I would say the money is the same. And all the Madlax tournaments are showcase elite tournaments. And some have a showcase built into them on the Friday before. So in my humble opinion these would work out to the same. And in my humble opinion my son looks better when playing with his teammates then in a showcase setting with all the hero ball being played. The best format is team tournaments and then doing the school you like/can play for prospect days. Any showcase with 225 kids or so does you no good unless the coach knows you will be there and is coming to see you play.