Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Freedom was started because the founder's kid got cut, so he started a club. Their teams are pretty bad.

VLC stopped doing U-11 teams after 2012. They no longer do U-11 teams. VLC dumped doing second U-13 team also after 2013. Neither of those determinations or decisions had anything to do with a coaches' kid and that is a disgraceful thing to direct at a family, but predictable coming from VLC's team mom troll. Now go sell some Crabs socks and make me a sandwich.

I know something about Freedom. The plus side to the program is that there is a family atmosphere, the coaching is pretty good, and the teams were reasonably competitive in year one. Where they ran into difficulties at the U13 level was that the A team was starved of midfield talent relative to the "AA" team; and the AA team had too many kids, leading to concerns about playing time for several of the boys. A perception also developed, fairly or unfairly, that kids from Great Falls had an advantage over kids from other youth programs when it came to playing time. I believe they were trying to make the rosters smaller this year to address the playing time issue, but I don't think the rosters are up on the website and so its hard to know whether things have changed or not.