Originally Posted by Anonymous
We were with three other local clubs prior to madlax, and feel that Madlax is worth the extra money for the following reasons:

Madlax is very organized and well run partly because they have paid full-time employees, and it makes a HUGE difference.

Many of the games are filmed and photographed by a professional photographer.

Great coaches with years of experience, some are head coaches at local private schools, others are graduates from top D1 schools.

The team camp at Catholic University is unique to madlax, and only for madlax players. The price of the camp is half of what you’d pay elsewhere.

When I send an email, I ALWAYS get a prompt response.

When I ask how my son can improve, I receive a three paged email outlining his strengths and weaknesses, and what he can do to improve

Great continuity between teams and age groups - the same team concepts are taught at every level.. When the kids age up and get a new coach, they are already familiar the offense and defense.

Free positional and speed workouts in the fall and winter

There is no team fee, just the monthly charge. Although, the monthly charge may turn out to be slightly more expensive, they are not significantly more compared to seasonal team fees from other clubs.

Free recruiting seminars

Discounted camps and clinics

Direct access and invites to some of the best recruiting camps.

The PP post mentioned there are no parents and affiliations with ANY rec league, and therefore, the Madlax coaches can remain objective. To my knowledge, there aren’t any other clubs that can claim this. Most have local rec coaches (i.e Great Falls, Vienna, Chantilly, etc.) coaching the teams.

At the youth AA level (u9 – u15), every team is competitive, and finished in the top tier of NPYLL (top 5). The next closest club was Next Level with 2 teams in the top 5 and VLC with 1 team in the top 5.

The teams are consistently good each year, at least since we’ve been involved 3 years ago.

When you factor in the workouts, the discounted team camp/ clinics, and the extra attention by full-time employees, we feel we get more for our money at Madlax.

I should also mention, this is not meant to be a comparison of clubs, so please don’t respond with “oh yeah, well my club does x, y, or z.” Since the price of Madlax has been questioned in this forum and others, I’m simply outlining the reasons why, for us, madlax is worth the additional expense.

So you have no problem with the owner threatening his own clients and their kids, eh?