Originally Posted by Anonymous
But I would argue that playing for a Madlax Capital team 5 times is way better then 3 with a crappy team and 3 showcases.

Nobody is saying otherwise, but you make this inane statement on a weekly basis. You are seriously only arguing with yourself.

I do repeat myself a ton, but I was responding to the post about kids only need to play 2-3 tournaments a summer. Like what BW and VLC play. My point was those kids still play in 5 to 6 events just only 3 of them with there travel team. Madlax kids play in 6 or 7 things a summer , more but not a crazy amount. They just play more events with there travel team. I think showcases are not really good for the DMV kids they are made for the out of the hot bed kids who need to be seen playing real players.

How old is your kid? I'm guessing he just hit HS. You obviously have no perspective.

1. 7 team tournaments isn't a crazy amount? Yes, it is. That is way too much. Ask anyone who has a kid in HS.

2. Saying that individual events are purely focused for "non-hot bed kids" is insane. Individual events are important for everyone regardless where you live. In many ways, individual events are more important than team events when it comes to recruiting.

If you don't mind paying for so many events, it's your money. But it's absolutely too much especially when you factor in the individual events these kids are playing in.

Wow, your perspective might be as bad as your spelling.

I think his spelling is fine, it's his grammar that stinks but if he keeps working at it, he will get there!