Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't forget how he charges his family over $300 a month just to reach out to colleges on behalf of those families. What a concept - charge hundreds of dollars a month for something other clubs do for fre.

I think you are reading that wrong, that package you are talking about is for a kid that does not play for Madlax and wants someone to do recruiting services for them. They do charge a monthly fee that other clubs do not charge but it goes from 50$ a month then 75$ then 100$. And the assumption is this money goes to pay the coaches. I can confirm they all get paid but how much I do not know. I have compared what I pay to what VLC,Next level and some of the others charge and it works out to like 1500$ more for a complete year of lacrosse. And the funny part is I have never met a Lacrosse parent that does not have the money. The money for all the clubs is nuts. So one team is 2000$ a year and the other is 3500$ a year. And any of the clubs that go with the 750$ a year model are being coached by Dads and Rec coaches.

1. I know a former Madlax family. While they were with Madlax, they tried to get the owner to make calls for them by paying the fee. Owner turned them down, saying that their kid wasn't D1 material. Then the kid got better and owner changed his mind, and they paid him a monthly fee for a time on top of the other Madlax fees. Decides to leave for a different club and now the kid will be playing for a high D1 school this fall. Feels fortunate that they left Madlax.

2. The fee isn't to pay the coaches - the fee goes straight to the bottom line (i.e. the owner's pockets).

So he was wrong about a kid and his skill, he thought he was not D1 so he did not take the parents money based on his thoughts. But he is all about the money and the bottom line. So this would mean he would of took the money and made calls even thought he felt the kid was not D1.
And also until the other clubs lay out what it cost and what you get for that money like Madlax does on a open website its all hearsay. I am sure its the most or close to the most but by how much. And once again the kid and his skill gets him into D1. The club team gives him a place to show his skill. These cold calls people want there coach to make is just nuts.

The cost of Madlax is far above what people pay for Blackwolf, VLC, etc. Not even close.