Originally Posted by Anonymous
There is the 800 lb gorilla in the room now. Umm, have you seen UVA in the recent couple of years? Basically they have a few stars and then 40 kids who should be, as you wrote, playing D2. If the 3d coaches are pitching in for their kids, does anyone see that as a snake oil sales job versus, oh I don't know, Trig then Cabell then whomever the mouth is at VLC selling the next 7th grader in line who can catch and throw? Overselling is a staple of club lacrosse in every club. Wake up. That's the tuition value proposition they all sell. The list of dozens of Crabs, Madlax and Blackwolf kids who committed early and have no chance of ever seeing the field at a D1 program grows by another dozen every summer. We all know that. If anyone thinks their grade based middle school club teams are so wonderful that they have players all over the field who should be early recruits, that is nuts. The college coaches who pioneered this are one by one going to lost their jobs very soon.

If you think the 2018 and 2019 Madlax early commits to JHU attack man where over sold you are blind as a bat these two are top five overall players in there class. The early commits from Madlax are worthy of there early commit. I think the coaches at a club like 3D mid Atlantic need to push kids to levels they really should not be playing to increase there name brand. Because the new parents never research past the list of past kids and where they went to school. None ever look to see if they ever played or stayed or if they should of played at the school from the list. I for sure think the cold call from a club coach is the most over blown part of this process. The college coaches call these top clubs and ask them for a list of positions and names of kids they should look out for. And these top clubs are at the big tournaments so these coaches can see for there selves and they will ask more questions after they see a kid play with there own eyes.