Originally Posted by Anonymous
While I agree with the above the key is what tournaments the club plays at more than the ranking. Even top D1 programs really have little in the way of recruiting resources and the tournaments provide easy access to a large group players looking to play at the next level. The coaches do not watch for the score and rarely watch the entire game. However, they may not attend a tournament if it does not have many of the top teams participating.

I think you are still inline with my thinking of a top 30. Because in my research of tournaments for each weekend of the summer I would say there is 2 maybe 3 worthwhile a weekend. So if each one has 10-15 teams per grade this would give you a top 30. So just to be safe lets try to come up with a Ranking of clubs for a top 25. This top 25 list for each grad year does really not need to be a 1 through 25, We as parents really just need a, "this club at this grad year is a top 25 team". Then once your son gets on this team just start to work on his game and getting better.