Hard to tell whether separate lesser teams or more similar to a national team. Sounds like a kid can play both for the Virginia "AA" team and Madlax-Capital. I guess we'll see soon, in terms who the kids practice with.

In any event, it shouldn't be all about ER. It should be about developing into a great HS player who helps his varsity team advance through the playoffs. In Virginia, only about 5 kids per year commit to a top 10 program not named UVA.

Was a kid that doesn't go from Blue to Orange until after sophomore year really likely to have gotten an offer just because he played for Orange for those two prior years? What other youth program in NoVa is a better alternative for a kid who can make the Virginia team but not the Capital team? 3d@Leesburg? Reverse commute to Cville? Drive to Bethesda? Live in Old Town so you can take your kid to Annapolis via I-95? I get that once you are a stud 9th grader you can probably find a travel team that gives you better exposure for the buck, whether Blackwolf or Duke's, etc., but who do you play for until then.

It's inevitable that another youth program will start up in NoVa and have a legit A-AA program, but where is it? Most mid-level Maryland programs usually have at least one year/team that is AA (eg, Diamondbacks 2022's), but I can't find another NoVa youth program that even fields a single A team/year, much less a AA team.