Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How does VLC compare to Madlax? Mainly asking as it would just be logistically easier for VA players.

Well I would say they are very comparable. But I would have to give the edge to Madlax when it comes to the best 2 to 5 players on each team. Madlax has top 10 ranked players in the country at the 2018,2019 age groups. But VLC has tons of high level players for sure. My thoughts are any top NOVA player should try out for these two teams first and see where they line up. I would see where my son fell in line with both teams. If he is 4th attackman on Madlax and 3rd for VLC go to VLC for sure. The other option for the top NOVA players is Blackwolf. But the trend with Blackwolf is your son plays for VLC or Madlax for there 6th to 8th grade years then the dad gets mad at something with Madlax or VLC then he writes a email to Blackwolf and they go play for them. But at the end of the day if your son is a D1 level player and lives in NOVA he should pick one of these three. Or the other trend is play for at least 2 of the three like tons of the kids on the current rosters now.
To prove my point just take a name from a high school roster for any of the three teams and put the other two club names after the name in google you will see the movement of clubs that happens with this top NOVA talent. The biggest offender is Blackwolf every kids name can be found on a old VLC or Madlax roster.

This is a very reasonable post. As you said, as long as you are playing for one of these two or even BW, your son should be fine. It also depends on the year. Madlax has the better team in some grades and some grades the better team is either BW or VLC. All three get their kids to college recruiters and all play in good enough events.

I would also use other factors into consideration other than where my son is on the depth chart for either team. I would look at the quality of the coach, how active that coach is in terms of recruiting help, the other kids/families on the team, how well the team plays together, etc.

In terms of logistics, Madlax seems attract more McLean to Alexandria kids. VLC seems to get more Fairfax to Loudoun kids. Part of it is where they practice.