Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax MD/VA 2020 is in the 3rd tier division of the HOCO league (2020 A division). Why isn't Madlax Cap 2020 playing in any of the HOCO leagues? If I was a parent of a player on that team I'd be pissed. How much is Madlax charging players to not participate in the league every other significant program in the area plays in? Its only 6 games but still important for local lacrosse. Interested in hearing the rationale from anyone on the Madlax team.

Not a MADLAX parent, but know a few of them that have kids on the 2020 Capital team. They're upset, as they should be ... the speculation on this board is absolutely true. It's about saving face since Capital wasn't able to play in Elite (even though everyone knows they should be in AA, yes even the MADLAX parents).

Not sure what quality clubs they're going to scrimmage, since the majority of local ones are all in HoCo. I assume teams from NJ/NY.

I suspect we will see an exodus of some kids come season end from Madlax to other clubs. The parents I know had already paid before all this was communicated, so they felt stuck.