Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax 2020 scored against Orange Crush? Who cares. Madlax went 1-4 in the Terps young guns tourny and lost to 3D tristate and Sweetlax florida. These are teams that I would expect Madlax to beat. The only team they could beat was Dukes who lost to everyone. You've got to admit it that the Madlax 2020 team is a trainwreck. Gonna be hard to attract top players when you lay a egg like they did this weekend.

I have to point it out again for the 1000 time what VA/DC team is better at the 2020 age? Madlax 2020 has not preformed at a elite level on the USA scale but they are still the best 2020 option for any 2020 in VA hands down.

Wow you really enjoy beating the Madlax drum don't you?

Obviously, your definition of "better" is probably very different from mine and other parents whose kids chose to NOT play on Madlax. You can guess the reasons why parents avoid the club, which has been brought up before ad nauseam.

It isn't about the win/loss record, nor should it be. Recruiters don't care. Madlax, VLC, Next Level, Crabs, etc. All play in good tournaments that draw recruiting eyes. They're there to see your child, not the team.

Is your son progressing as a player? Are his skills developing? Is the coach someone that you can point to and honestly say "I wish my son was more like this man." Is he having FUN and enjoying the process? If not, maybe it isn't the right club for you.

I am on board with this post until you put etc. after the team names. I agree this list is a good list. I just have to say the etc. part of this list is the issue. And there is a very clear gap when you get to the etc. part of the list of clubs. I bring this up because tons of parents use this site to pick a club. This is where I came to research clubs when my son was in 5th grade.