Originally Posted by Anonymous
First of all, I am not the prior poster who said anything about a 2018 team I have no idea about. Frankly, my original point was there are lacrosse clubs who will literally have a kid guest play for a tournament or two, then add those guys to the club commit lists. Sweetlax does a lot of that. Sure they develop some players, but their lists have been pretty brazen to list out kids who barely got on a first name basis with other kids on a team one summer. Crabs has been notorious for this too, getting rising HS juniors or seniors to go to Lake Placid. They make calls to committed kids they want to roster at that tournament and some others, and then poof a Crab is born. I wrote 3d has the same passers through but doesn't advertise like that. Paul Rabil was not raised up a Crab...he was a dialed up ringer for the Lake Placid event long after he was a Hopkins recruit. How this became a who is a Crab commit in the kiddie pool I have no idea, and don't care. This bantor is misplaced. The quality of a youth lacrosse club is not a hit count of committed kids. That has very little to do with anyone's personal needs and should not be a focus of parents. Lacrosse should be challenging and fun. Sounds like the programs bashing each other here are lost on that concept.

All the college commits on the Crabs website are kids who are on their teams. They do tournaments like Lake Placid where they have a combo team with VLC and a sprinkling of other kids, but they do not put those kids on their college commit list. Please.