Originally Posted by Anonymous
Top NOVA 2020 teams and reasons to go -
Blackwolf -
Pro: commit to D1 programs consistently; best practices in the area, including opportunity to practice against HS D1-committed players

Con: Not sure about which tournaments they attend; not many games; unsure who is on roster

Madlax -

Pro: go to every tournament that they should; get lots of game experience if Capital/National; open roster process for selection

Con: Potential bait and switch on new structure of not naming to specific teams; coaching and practice levels inconsistent

VLC -

Pro: Affiliated with Crabs so may get boost from NLF exposure

Con: Inconsistent coaching; lack of game/tournament play; not enough practice time

I like this post 99% spot on.
I am guessing Madlax is only doing the one large group and picking teams right before the fall tournaments. For this fall session only. I also would say that you should be able to tell if you son will be on the capital team if you just pay attention at tryouts. And if your son is on the line between the top and bottom team you should love this new format. I saw it happen this year when a kid did great for the 2 day tryouts made the top team then came back down to earth and set the bench all summer. And being with Madlax as long as I have I can say I have seen 10 to 15 kids progress from the Second team up to the top team and now have starting Var. spots and D1 letters. And I will beat this dead horse again but the Madlax second teams play a better schedule then all the other clubs not named VLC and Black wolf.