Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is not the same thing. If a kid reclasses, that's fine. But if he is thinking about a PG year (which he may or may not do), that's cheating to let him play down before he enrolls at a PG school.

Typical Madlax. Same kind of apologies I hear for their owner's atrocious behavior.

Hey dummy if you reclass you can take one or two summer or night classes and move back up. Is that cheating?

That response is nonsensical. One day a kid is 'reclassified' because he/parents write in an intention to do a 5th year of high school via a PG year at a boarding school. The kid plays a season down a grade year to stand out against younger competition. Then later on that same kid/family redact the future promise to attend a $65,000 a year boarding school because they finally saw the light that the best of it is a $10K - $15K discount to Penn State or something like that? That seems dumb. If you jump off that lacrosse cliff there shouldn't be any rope thrown down to pull you back after being so dumb. (Here's the part where people might comment that their special boy is getting a full ride...well, unless it is a service academy, save it).

I am not getting the part where one or two 'summer or night classes move you back up'? What the [lacrosse] does that mean? If a kid graduated earlier this month from Bullis, but is going off for a bonus PG year so the Ivy program that didn't recruit him will take him in, where/how/why does that kid have to take any course to catch up?!? Has a diploma. A kid who is a 10th grader today stating he'll do a PG year in 2+ years -- despite not having applied to or been admitted at a prep school -- but then drops that statement, where/how/why was he behind on being a 10th grader during or after his 10th grade year.

Of course a kid could also flunk a grade, then catch up via summer school to fix it instead of repeating the grade. But I'm missing the part where that is a get recruited strategy. But maybe you could enlighten us in that.