Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son's HS team played in the Madlax tournament on Sunday and I talked to a guy from outside the area whose son played in the Showcase on Saturday and on a Showcase team in the Sunday team tournament.

He said Madlax is a complete scam. Said there were no coaches at the games except the ones paid to give a short speech. Competition consisted of a few really good players and mostly average to bad ones. Again, no coaches were watching their games.

On Sunday, he was one one of the 4 free agent teams made of up kids who were at the Saturday event. Those teams went 0-12 against DMV HS teams. The website says those Madlax free agent teams were outscored 153-15.

He said he paid $400 plus airfare, hotel and food. He was not happy.

Well once again please give a better option when you talk crap about something. If you could not get in the Philly showcase this weekend where else would you be at. There was coaches watching I saw them all. They said 35 or so on Sat this is true i counted close to that. As for sunday they did not want to have 4 showcase teams but the Hun school dropped out last week which made 2 slots open. So they wanted the top 44 they had to take 88 from Sat. to fill the slots for Sunday. So blame Hun school for dropping out of a tournament 4 days or so before it happens.