Originally Posted by Anonymous
amy son is in a different grade and a different tournament, but that is funny.

Eclipse is a strong club. Looking at the online scores, that team played Madlax at the end of the day in a meaningless game. No shock that they packed it in. Trying to compare scores from one game to another isn't an exact science.

I heard Madlax 2020 got pounded all summer, but no idea if that's true. Either way, I would love to hear how you defend paying money to that jerk. Really teaching great morals to your kid.

Madlax got pounded some because they only play in elite tournaments with all the college coaches.

Sorry, I believe you're conflating "elite tournaments" with scheduled play in scrimmages. They got pounded because the other teams they scheduled are AA caliber, and MADLAX is A. Simple as that. Also doubt there were any college coaches at the play in scrimmages. If they were, it wasn't for MADLAX kids.

What parents really fail to understand is that once you get a lacrosse scholarship your are indebted to the team and coach in college. Say your interest turns elsewhere when you mature in college? You lose your Athletic scholarship and they you are up a creek. Keep the grades up, play where you are having fun. Enjoy the recruiting process but remember grades are everything. If you get injured in college your athletic scholarship will be pulled if you can not get back on the field. Your academic scholarship will not. Focus parents. No money in Lacrosse and the average athletic lacrosse scholarship is $4000. Keeping it real. I do enjoy the Jerry Spring banter on this site.