Ms
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We're signed up for some winter clinics after going through all the email solicitations. Signed our sons up for one Madlax clinic each. We are not a Madlax or a VLC family, and I know this is the sore old topic. How did VLC go down the tubes so perfectly and so fast since the "hey ungrateful quitter" event? Then we would have guessed Madlax might as well fold their tents and go home, but now I see Madlax youth teams running everyone over and their events and clinics are bigger than ever. VLC's solicitation for winter training is one of the few that is outdoors in December and January, is expensive and does not emphasize any positional coaching or instruction for FOGO, goalie, defense or offense. Are the two remaining non-parent coaches really the town high school coach and the neighboring town rec league coach? Sure I looked at costs, and sure Madlax items are more expensive than the VLC expensive, but the offerings are impressive.

I know VLC has a couple of good HS teams, made up mostly of kids who started out at Madlax, and commits on those teams. But their programs and youth teams are barely above Fairfax County rec league AA teams, they play in second tier divisions or tournaments and have a very thin coaching staff. Two or three non-parent coaches in the program? What happened to VLC?

Like anything else, being the Madlax alternative can only take you so far before you have to provide value. Since his kid was moving on, dad founder recognized that antiMadlax couldn't carry VLC any further and "sold out" to the Crabs. Sadly, with increased competition Crabs model is wobbling in Baltimore and King Crab has done nothing in NOVA.

Now that 2015 team has graduated/disbanded, what's left, a decent, not great 2017 team? Rest of teams are mediocre to poor, some playing B level. It is going to be very hard to recover from the consistently poor showings on the field by current VLC teams.
Watch for 3d to be next big thing as landscape changes.