Originally Posted by Anonymous
Look at the UVA roster of IAC, WCAC grads. Most played for Crabs, Blackwolf or Madlax. Now consider ONE of them plays some. Jack Falk...who is a real talent albeit a guy with unfortunate injuries. Then ONE kid who gets some face offs and did well...he WAS NOT RECRUITED AT ALL TO UVA AND WAS A TRANSFER WALK ON. Now count the rest...bench splinters in every other [lacrosse]. Long row of never played never will play unless it is UVA 19 - VMI 2. Varsity letter day.

Now look at the Hopkins roster. ONE MIAA kid (Fields) playing. Long row of benchers and several kids who couldn't cut it and just quit before the season even started (what's the Landon all-world goalie up to now??). Maryland has two kids from the DMV club scence cabal playing. An SSSAS kid who is going great and a MoCo public school kid who plays a little. Again, long row of DMV scene grads who warm that bench up real nice, including your all-world Met POY from last year.

Tearing it up?!? You're tearing me up with laughter. There might be 5 kids in the recruiting pipeline 2016-2019 now from Madlax, Crabs and BW who will feel a blade of field grass below their feet in a D1 program. That's not what a lacrosse mom or dad wants to hear -- but it is true. DMV lacrosse is vastly overrated and the college coaches who relied too heavily on it are already regretting it. And yes, I did play in college and I also have ex-college mates who are D1 assistants. They have absolutely nothing to say when guys like me tease on it...because I'm right. Calm down a little and let your sons develop and be happy. Whether or not they belong on a high level college field someday won't evidence itself until they are HS seniors. Back in the day -- you all of maybe 10 years ago -- that is wha it looked like and coaches used to recruit based on that. Nothin has changed except some coaches like Petro and Starsia have been fools, and now they are startin to pay the price for it in terms of perfrmance.

Dude, we get it. You are a classic hater. Your son didn't get recruited and you trying to put down everyone else to make yourself feel better. Your son is just as good as every starter and way better than the bench on any D1 team. Petro, Tillman and Starsia can't spot talent. Your examples are wrong and you obviously don't know who is from DMV playing in college.

Keep venting, we'll keep laughing. You don't know what your talking about.