Originally Posted by Anonymous
VLC will be a distant 3rd on this list the next 4 years for sure. Just start at 2018 and see that Madlax is smoking them. And when you talk about BW they just take kids off of Private high school teams that are in the top 10 in the country. All of there kids are days from picking a college before they even play 1 game for BW. That is why they play so few tournaments. Because this is the club for they sure thing stud top private school kids to stay sharp but not get burned out. But us Redneck public school NOVA parents need a top club for our sons to be seen. And Madlax is it.

VLC 2018 is not smoking them. Half of that team has quit. Some parents told me they lost a lot of games this fall.

You really love that Madlax guy.

You are saying Madlax 2018 lost a lot of games. I have done the math but I would guess they had a 750% winning percentage or higher over the last 12 months. And everyone knows Madlax 2019 has at least a 900% winning percentage over the last 12 months. Madlax 2020 and 2021 are not great but they are better then VLC 2020 and 2021. So this would mean that Madlax is the better club for this 4 year window.

Winning games 750% to 900% of the time is really good. Madlax owner is the lowest common denominator of youth sports, but look at the coaching resources he has assembled. You develop players in a program that is set up this way. VLC and Blackwolf are basically the same thing with the exception being VLC made a half assed attempt to do youth teams. VLC had a fast start for a few years when the owner/parent put a lot of resources into it and they were able to poach away kids from other clubs. That's no different from what BW did soon after for HS teams.

VLC has few resources and has gone to the VLC parent coaches plus local public school coaches filling in model. Like BW they have managed to look impressive on paper with college placements, but that is better story than fact. Most VLC and BW kids get heavily promoted by their prep coaches (and sometimes regardless of whether they can play at a high level). Ryan McLernan promised everyone a rainbow, but the bottom line is if you are not a part of the Great Falls youth rec backstory or your kid is not at PVI, Landon then you can just forget it in terms of Dico or Adam Langley supporting your college placement chances until they are done with their first list. Those guys are nice guys and there are exceptions to this, but let's be honest. Jack Rowlett would have been recruited regardless of club team, and kids like Rowe who faces off at Duke were invisible when they played at a public HS and for VLC. Rowe was so underexposed he matriculated to Stony Brook to get a chance, then he transferred to Duke.

If you have a kid playing in the Fairfax Co or Loudon Co public schools, you are way better off with Madlax. [/quote]

Some truth in there with regards to private school preference, but all clubs are skewed to the privates. Langley and Dico are outstanding coaches and I would say VLC is much more accommodative than BW or even Madlax.....what public school kids does Madlax have committed D1? Their list on the website is almost exclusively private. It is true that Madlax offers a lot more lax development at the youth level but the price of that is pretty crazy. For youth they are definitely the only game in town in nova for a full service club that doesn't depend on rec to supplement. Those are 3 very different products. I'm not sure I would even consider BW a nova club....they are more DC.