Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Anyone check out the National Lacrosse Championships currently going on in FL? Basically a bunch of Madlax teams in all age groups. What do you think the price tag was for this boondoggle and how do you think it was advertised to Madlax families months ago when the recruitment pitch for the tournament started?

84 and sunny. My son is having fun. Had some great sea food last night. Spending most of tomorrow at the beach. Life is good.

Probably a fun vacation for families with money. The lacrosse must be awful, especially for those families on tight budgets.

No shocker that this tournament stinks. Most of that club's tournaments have terrible opponents. They previously bragged that the 3d National teams would be there, but of course that didn't happen.

Wow. This is really bad. But I'm sure those Boca Bandits are chock full of D1 recruits.

Elite 'Open' Division
Madlax Nationals 2016-17
Madlax Southern Stars 2016-18
Team Carolina 2017
Madlax Nationals 2018
Madlax Nationals 2019
Boca Bandits

Jr. Elite Division
Madlax Nationals 2020
Madlax-Georgia
Team 24/7 2020
C2C Nationals 2020
Akwesasne Attack 2019-20
Madlax Regional All-Stars 2019-20

Future Elite Division
Madlax Nationals 2021
Madlax-Georgia 2021
Team Carolina 2021
C2C Nationals 2021
Madlax Nationals 2022
Madlax Regional All-Stars 2021-23
Madlax Southern Stars 2021-23

Everyone here seems to be having a good time. I am sorry our sons' teams are not up to your standards. Have a happy new year.

You're not speaking for everyone down there. Talked to my buddy whose son is playing and they are steamed. The competition is terrible, but they knew that would probably be the case. I may have misunderstood him, but he said everyone they played 3 games yesterday but just ONE game today. Then another pool game tomorrow morning and then just one playoff game.

So they spread 6 games over 3 days? They easily could have done this tournament over just 2 days but instead my friend has to spend an extra day of hotel, food, etc.[/quote

It was designed to be a combination of lacrosse and vacation. They gave everyone an afternoon off today to play golf, go to the beach etc. I am currently enjoying the 85 degrees sitting on the beach drinking a cold beer. There is more to life than lax.