Originally Posted by Anonymous

Just remember this article only showed the emails from Madlax back to this guy. They left off the emails he sent to the Madlax owner. Its not a good look for sure but this story is not the full story. I will leave it at that. This kid went on and got a D1 spot so no one was harmed by these nasty emails to a donk dad.

Wow..2013 ??? And still news.

So how did the game come out against VLC ?? It looked like there were to be some paybacks according to email.

Nothing happened the kid and the other kids went on to all do great things and are playing in college. The emails are a very bad look but this is a very dead horse. Everyone has emails or fights they would love to take back. But CM will never be allowed to not hear about this. 2013 not 2018. He has growing kids now he only had babies 5 years ago. We all change and we all make mistakes. But god would you want to have to hear about a mistake you had 5 years ago? Heck you guys act like he punched him in the face. He did not!

OK, forget the "bad" look and the threats. Maybe it was a bad time in his life five years ago. What has not changed is the ego and false belief that this program can make or break kids. According to his own words, he wanted to bad mouth this kid to future programs. The player in question is now at UVA despite the fact that the ML owner told the parents he messed up and would regret it. Truth is good players will make themselves what they are despite the obstacles. Kid could have played for anyone. VLC, ML, any team would have provided the same results. Kids make the club not the other way around. It does not seem like Madlax has changed. They still put 30 kids on youth roster. They still sell parents on the idea that only they can provide the ability to play in front of hundreds of coaches. As youth sports is now a business the competition is catching up.

I will not argue with the fact he has a ego. I will not argue that they feel they are the best option in the DMV to play travel lacrosse. But I like that about the club. They are always trying to make each team better. I also agree the players make the team and earn the D1 spots. But what can not agree with is when you say they say they are the only ones to get your kid in front of the coaches. They play in more tournaments at the highest level then any club in the DMV. Some could say they do to many tournaments, play too many games but they do what they say they offer. The most eyes from the best schools. Does VLC and Blackwolf put your kid in front of these same eyes? Yes they do but not the same about of times. As for the 30 kids on the roster I would say this is to deal with the amount of kids changing clubs every year. Madlax in my eyes does a great job of playing and picking the best players every year that show up for tryouts. This hurts peoples feelings. I was a starter last year now I am 5th attack. You will not last long at Madlax if you want to get your spot on the roster in 5th grade and just have it for the next 5 years like other clubs. These numbers force your son to earn his time and forces him to keep earning his time.