Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cabell Maddox is a bad guy. We all get that. HOWEVER...

VLC's owner is the most vile person in youth sports. He's profane, arrogant and vindictive. He's also the guy who single handedly steered the NPYLL league and Aloha/Crabs tournaments to be the first non-US lacrosse sanctioned lacrosse league and events, which opened the floodgates to serial reclassifying. Crabs basically pioneered the holdback game and their owner is a notorious poacher of other club team players and is a ruthless negative recruiter with to anyone after a kid/family leave his organization. Our family experienced watching his overloading the whole Madlax kid defecting to VLC drama...all over what was adding a very average player to a loaded VLC team with a side deal to hype the kid and get him committed.

Blackwolf -- how many Blackwolf parents actually personally like and respect Trig? None I've known and I've known dozens. Most families stay te course with Blackwolf because they promote kids to colleges well.

Next Level -- Dave's good people and he's a good coach. I hope NL parents have the sense to stay on and trust he will get it done.

3d -- love all the anti Spencer and Steven cheap shots. Ya, everyone HATES those guys. Everybody except the 3d families who have had their kids learn from these two guys who are good guys and deal straight with people. They're also the most accomplished and knowledgeable lacrosse people in the area. Try me again, where were Trig, Ryan and Cabell D1 AAs and also MLL All Stars? Kind of pathetic mommies and daddies postin here would talk some smack on them. But wait...Spencer used to coach Crabs and a few moms didn't like it wen he yelled at their snowflakes! My dear, the trauma! The humanity!

Thank you 3D Apologist for your response. To answer your questions, VLC barely (if ever) sees or hears from Ryan M. He may own VLC, but he doesn't dictate the day to day operations, coaching, etc. Coach Lew for 2020 is excellent, and has a proven track record coaching lacrosse. Oh, and if getting recruited to play at UVA is "average" then I guess every single parent on this board is pining for their son to be just "average". Where do the "excellent" kids commit and play?

As for Trig, you can love or hate him - but you know what you're getting. For every parent you talk to that says he was/is an [lacrosse], I can also say you'll find a like minded group of parents and kids who he coached say it was the best experience of their life.

NL - good club, good coaching, good place for youth to play

3D - the coaching staff has good pedigrees, but that doesn't mean they can coach and win. I've never met them, they could be wonderful people. But I do know their 2020 mid atlantic team is 0-4 without much left to play for.

I got it. We can just talk the Madlax owner into just taking our money and remove himself from the DAY TO DAY and we will be wiped clean of all his pasted mistakes. We just need 1 great coach to replace him on the sidelines and we moved forward.