Originally Posted by Anonymous
The kid could have been taught some manners to write a letter or email to the coach thanking him for the past support, scholarship, coaching and say he had decided to move on to another club.

I almost laughed, but it's too sad. When I read this sentence I realized you have never dealt with Cabell Maddux in this type of situation. Because this is exactly the way I thought we should handle it. My son gave more than ample notice, wrote the gracious thank you note, tried to call Cabell numerous times and talk to him, man to man. You are completely misinformed about the way this man conducts himself as a coach, mentor, businessman if he doesn't get his way. The information in the deadspin article is only ONE of MANY stories. I have a story that is arguably worse than the deadspin story, but I am a private person, my son is a private person, and the lacrosse community in Northern Virginia is too small. I am not going to share or leak it to the press. My son and I have moved on, as most people do. As I'm sure the boy in the deadspin article has done. We are absolutely fine. But that doesn't mean you get to rewrite history by blaming the boy for Cabell's mind-blowingly unethical behavior. And it doesn't mean I'm going to look the other way and change the subject when people ask me about Madlax. Wrong is wrong. Sending nasty emails is the least of Cabell's behavioral problems. He is such a small person, and he is so utterly lacking in integrity that he cared about one thing and one thing only in our experience -- listing my son's name on his website as a D1 recruit. When he saw that wasn't going to happen, despite all of his pathetic attempts to hold my son hostage to the program, he tried to destroy my son's chances of being recruited. And this is a guy who coached my son for years and who my son looked up to. If you think a 14/15 year old boy's heart can't be broken when he realizes his mentor is a sham you are wrong. If Maddux's business fails he will have no one but himself to thank or blame. And Cabell, if this is you on this website, you called me a "liar" but in fact you are the liar. You know who I am and yeah, you broke his heart but he is so much better now. In fact he is golden.