Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax parents are kind of sad. They know the owner is a nightmare but they put up with it because they think it's the best game in town. But the better ones realize in HS that their son is either better off recruiting wise with a better club or they are fed up overpaying for his BS.

Ok, thanks for the passive aggressive VLC is better at selling high school kids to college comment. Forgot the hey ungrateful quitter story link that time, FYI. Cabell isn't the only club owner with some ethical or other "issues" and Kong Crab shares the same bed. I thought the point here was a debate on how to curb the Wild West impact of kids with beards playing in middle school club lacrosse events. Instead of blaming Cabell or the other club owners let's realize that the rules are there are no rules, and the club guys don't want rules as it limits their competitive or financial flexibility. US Lacrosse could be a beacon of hope, but instead they can't seem to ever get buy-in for their guidelines on anything from anyone. I refuse to believe lacrosse can't be at least managed well like youth soccer, and it is a lot more fruitful to focus on how that can be accomplished. Parents underwite EVERYTHING. We can refuse to let our kids play in or pay for lacrosse events that don't follow US Lacrosse age based standards. Or grade based with age boundary conditions. We really don't need 16 year olds running roughshod over 14 year olds, or worse denying them a playing time or roster spot on club teams. If all of that is being done just because there isn't a rule against it -- do the right damn thing and have a rule. I've heard all the arguments for grade based teams without any constraints and they make some good points but fail to acknowledge that is you are more than a calendar year boundary older than the public school grade guidelines, then you have to play up a school year. Simple. Doing that won't hurt a great lacrosse player one bit. If they are really good and are real D1 players, the recruiters evaluating them won't fail to see that.