Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok we get it Madlax is whats wrong with youth sports, How much longer must we hear about this Da__n email and how bad our owner is. We get it, now get over it. We are not going anywhere. If you can start a program and have 17 or so teams that play at a very high level please start it today and send me a email. I will be waiting! The owner will not go off on my kid like he did this kid and his family because if we where to quit the team I would walk up to him or call him to let him know we where leaving and explain why we are leaving. Like the adult that I am. I do not tell you how bad it is you are babying your kid.
Back of THE CAGE expanded our coverage into the Mid-Atlantic Region within two weeks of this story having broken. The following post is what we here are BOTC offered to the community upon reading about Cabell Maddux's outburst.

Originally Posted by CageSage Authored Information
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Interesting Blog from Deadspin

saw this posted somewhere else and had to share
This is simply an incredible series of e-mails and provides an extreme example of everything that coaching youth sports should not encompass.

Whether this sequence of e-mails has been editted in any form is secondary to some of the language used by Coach Cabell Maddux including:
  • You have no clue how this lacrosse world works. Wow. You have really screwed him. And by the way it is a big deal and I will let every one of his teammates know. His teammates will hate him for years for quitting and playing for a rival club. Trust me on that.
  • If I had any clue which I didn't until right now I would have kicked his butt off the team for not being committed. I dont need Ryan or your craziness. I would much rather work with a kid who is tough and grateful.
  • Hey ungrateful quitter....
    Your former teammates and coaches, who hate you now, can't wait to get a piece of you Saturday when we play vlc.
Surely, this requires more exposure and commentary from the community.
Now, I personally have coached youth players from the ages of nine through their collegiate careers. In my wildest dreams, I could never have imagined using the following terms in front of a player:
  • "... teammates will hate him ..."
  • "... ungrateful quitter ..."
  • "... hate you now ..."
  • "... can't wait to get a piece of you ..."
Here, this alleged coach just did not SAY these words in the heat of the situation, but actually WROTE these letters to the player and his family.

This is not a "now get over it" situation. This is a serious situation of at least bullying and potentially so much more.

As for the owner not going off on your kid, how do you know?

Worse yet, will you be there to protect him when he does?